Random DIY mixing and More

Mediocre00Rebel

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2022
Ok... Instead of trying to start a new thread I know y'all are veteran vapers. So I have 2 of the same exact tanks, the first one has a .30 ohm coil, excellent flavor. I noticed that it pops and crackles very loudly, works great no spitting. Then the second tank, same brand with .15 ohm coil. I noticed this second there's no pop or crack, it just kind of sizzles. It's much hotter and there's no flavor. Brand new coil. The coils are very good quality locally hand made. I tried turning up the wattage, and nothin. My other tank .3 ohm ohm coil delivers such better flavor performance. Seems like no crackle = no flavor. It also was making my one juice very bitter, I thought it was the juice but after changing juices I don't think it was. Wth.

I wanna guess it's the coil, but if so very disappointed cause those hand spun coils were damn expensive.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Ok... Instead of trying to start a new thread I know y'all are veteran vapers. So I have 2 of the same exact tanks, the first one has a .30 ohm coil, excellent flavor. I noticed that it pops and crackles very loudly, works great no spitting. Then the second tank, same brand with .15 ohm coil. I noticed this second there's no pop or crack, it just kind of sizzles. It's much hotter and there's no flavor. Brand new coil. The coils are very good quality locally hand made. I tried turning up the wattage, and nothin. My other tank .3 ohm ohm coil delivers such better flavor performance. Seems like no crackle = no flavor. It also was making my one juice very bitter, I thought it was the juice but after changing juices I don't think it was. Wth.

I wanna guess it's the coil, but if so very disappointed cause those hand spun coils were damn expensive.
    I would guess it's the wicking also. I would suggest learning to wind your own coils. It's not expensive at all.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The builders were priming the walls later in their day yesterday and they stayed really late to get more done. It was just after 8 when they left and dark.
    DD’s new room is all primed. In my room the walls are done but not the ceiling or bathroom.
    I haven’t been upstairs yet but I would guess it’s done.
    When the priming is finished the flooring will be next.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

I agree with the others that it’s probably the wicking. What tanks are you using and what kind of coils are they? Might be someone familiar with wicking those tanks that can help. Also, I’ve found that not all types of mixes taste good at higher wattage.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Morning, mixers.

Looks to be another nice day here, and only into the mid 70s.

Maybe mow, or whack, or just sit and watch it all get taller :)

lso, I’ve found that not all types of mixes taste good at higher wattage.

Yep, good point! The higher heat can change the profile. Drastically. Not to mention the burning sensation...

1685196700375.png

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Question about SFT, is 2% a good starting point?
    Trouble is for some flavors 1% would be a lot. Others 5% would be a good place to start. 2% sounds good to me unless I had information telling me otherwise. I use a lot of TFA flavors and I know they need a higher %. You can get a general idea by looking up recipes. For a SFT go higher than what you would use in a recipe. But starting low is good because you can always add more.

dennism

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    Trouble is for some flavors 1% would be a lot. Others 5% would be a good place to start. 2% sounds good to me unless I had information telling me otherwise. I use a lot of TFA flavors and I know they need a higher %. You can get a general idea by looking up recipes. For a SFT go higher than what you would use in a recipe. But starting low is good because you can always add more.
    Thanks, I'll be ordering some new flavors and was curious.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The builder and his workers have all been here since earlier morning. Must be a guy or two upstairs painting I would think. Hopefully my ceiling is painted also. I know they have been putting flooring down. I believe dd's room is all floored because they are putting moulding on now.

Users who are viewing this thread