The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    No, I thought elr would give me the numbers?

• Like Like x 6
  2. dc99

dc99 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    PG-1.038
    VG-1.26
    VG NIC-1.235
    PG NIC-1.035
    Flavors-1.00 You can get exact numbers for flavors 1.0 works really well and almost everyone I know uses it including me.
    Of coarse if you have 200 flavors and a week to input 1.01 instead of 1.0 I say go for it. haha

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Does the ELR calculator already have this specific gravity weight data already in there. Its been a while since I used it for weights that I don't remember.
    Also remember to calibrate the scale before each mixing session.

LOL

• Like Like x 7
  4. ceeceeisme

ceeceeisme Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Yes it already does. My understanding is they also have some of the specific gravity weights in there for the more popular flavors in use to.

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  5. hittman

Supporting member
    I’m a little confused are those numbers grams?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. ceeceeisme

ceeceeisme Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Yes they are. ie; 1ml of VG = 1.235 grams

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I got my scale too but I'm just wiped today. Didn't even open it. Hoping tomorrow will be better.

• Like Like x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  8. NotSoMini

NotSoMini Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 13, 2014
    I added some lemon to FranC’s cheesecake base yesterday. I couldn’t wait to try it so vaping Yes, I Lemon Cheesecake and am really liking it. @FranC thanks for sharing your cheesecake base. Very tasty and an easy recipe which is right up my alley.

Then I mixed another lemon juice called Afternoon Delight by BravesFan on ATF. The inspiration was Chick-Fil-A’s Frosted Lemonade which I have never tasted. After I mixed this I soon remembered that last year I mixed ID10-T Frosted Lemonade also based on Chick-A-Fil’s Frosted Lemonade. I decided to compare both recipes and they both use the same ingredients but at different percents. The one I mixed yesterday uses higher percents. I neglected to read the developer’s notes beforehand and later learned this recipe is made for use with a Pod. Regardless I still like it and it is probably the most tangy lemon juice I have had premixed or DIY. In both recipes I did not use the WS-23/Koolada nor the sweetener in BravesFan’s version. Afternoon Delight and
    Frosted Lemonade

I am going to let the rest of Yes, I Lemon Cheesecake and Afternoon Delight continue to steep to see how it changes, if indeed it does.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2015
    Which lemon & what % did you use for your Yes, I Lemon Cheesecake?

• Like Like x 7
  10. NotSoMini

Jul 13, 2014
    I used 1.5% JF Lemon Juicy.

• Like Like x 8
  11. Heartsdelight

Nov 10, 2015
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 6
  12. Heartsdelight

Nov 10, 2015
    Sorry, 1 more question. Did you use 1 or 1.5% of the Hangsen Italian Cream?

• Like Like x 7
  13. NotSoMini

Jul 13, 2014
    I used 1.5% HS.

I made this Idioteque (Lemon Cheesecake) the latter part of December and found a few mils left the other day. I found the lemon was still there in a subtle way but not in a bad way. At 1% JF Juicy Lemon the lemon was never bold. It may have latched on to the Nonna’s Cake. I did a number of brand swaps for my tastes — I used FA Bavarian Cream for TFA, CAP Graham Cracker for TFA Graham Cracker Clear and FA Fresh Cream for CAP Sweet Cream all at the same percentages. I like this recipe too although more flavors are required.

• Like Like x 8
  14. Heartsdelight

Nov 10, 2015
    Thanks a lot! I’ll have a look. For some reason I’m not fond of FA Nonna’s Cake.

• Like Like x 7
  15. hittman

Supporting member
    Which base is that? There have been so many cheesecake bases posted on this thread that I get confused.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
  16. NotSoMini

Jul 13, 2014
    CAP New York Cheesecake 6%
    CAP Graham Cracker 1.5%
    HS Italian Cream 1-1.5% (I used 1.5%)
    JF Lemon Juicy 1.5% (or choose your favorite lemon or another fruit)

• Like Like x 6
  17. NotSoMini

Jul 13, 2014
    You can always leave out Nonna's Cake. I almost did and decided to try it with it first.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Myk

Myk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Specific gravity.

ceeceeisme's 1ml of VG = 1.235 grams is because 1ml of water, which is 1.000SG is 1g.
    So yes, but you'll see specific gravities mentioned some places for doing weight.

• Like Like x 9
  19. dc99

dc99 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    Just to clarify the weight I posted for nic was for 100mg. It will be different for each concentration. The reason for the 1.00 for flavorings is because there is only a .14 difference from one extreme to the other in all the ones I have checked so 1.00 is a pretty good average. Not an issue for most people including a lot of professional mixers but its your choice. The main thing is to be consistent and repeatable.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
  20. hittman

Supporting member
    Thanks for your help. I have some premixed base made up already but can use 100mg also. I took screen shots of the info but should probably write it down and stick it to the scale.

• Like Like x 7
    • Useful Useful x 1