Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    So I'm lowering my WTA content to 15%, the plan is to eventually wean off the WTA. But I'm posting about it here because I have to overcomplicate things and I did it in a very roundabout way.

First I diluted 36 mg WTA to 24 as I've been doing. Then I mixed some 24 mg unflavored and mixed that at 25% with my 24 mg WTA, so I have 24 mg liquid that is 75% WTA. Then I mixed THAT with my v2 berry mix at 20%. It maths out to 15% WTA.

It's kinda handy to do it that way though, because it dilutes my flavoring to 80% of the original mix strength just like before. So the flavor shouldn't change.

Maybe someone will find that interesting.
    Way too much math:lol:

Reactions: NatashaTMT

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    Have you tried the other GT coils? I like the GT 4 as well because it’s “best” in my vaping range of 35-45. vaporesso just came out with a GT mesh coil that will fit the Cascade but I haven’t tried it yet.
    All my others are RBAs too.
    Not as of yet. This is a newer tank for me, maybe 2 months. I plan to but haven’t. I’ve heard great feedback using mesh coils. So I’ll definitely be tying those, along with GT6 &/or 8. Have you found these at a reasonable price anywhere yet? I ordered some from FastTech pretty reasonable at $11 a 3 pack. I just realised I can get the mesh there for only $8 a 3 pack! Not bad prices on the GT’s either as a 15 pack is $45.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    So I'm lowering my WTA content to 15%, the plan is to eventually wean off the WTA. But I'm posting about it here because I have to overcomplicate things and I did it in a very roundabout way.

First I diluted 36 mg WTA to 24 as I've been doing. Then I mixed some 24 mg unflavored and mixed that at 25% with my 24 mg WTA, so I have 24 mg liquid that is 75% WTA. Then I mixed THAT with my v2 berry mix at 20%. It maths out to 15% WTA.

It's kinda handy to do it that way though, because it dilutes my flavoring to 80% of the original mix strength just like before. So the flavor shouldn't change.

Maybe someone will find that interesting.

That’s really complicated. I just use 3-5% unflavored if I want wta in a mix. I use the wta in place of 3-5% of vg. It barely affects the nicotine level. Most often though, I just drip it straight in an rda.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Not as of yet. This is a newer tank for me, maybe 2 months. I plan to but haven’t. I’ve heard great feedback using mesh coils. So I’ll definitely be tying those, along with GT6 &/or 8. Have you found these at a reasonable price anywhere yet? I ordered some from FastTech pretty reasonable at $11 a 3 pack. I just realised I can get the mesh there for only $8 a 3 pack! Not bad prices on the GT’s either as a 15 pack is $45.

I bought quite a few packs from FT but My Freedom Smokes has good prices too. Let me know what you think of the mesh if you get them. That’s a fantastic price! I should just order some anyways. I ended up getting the V2 of the GTCCELL ceramic which is .3ohms.
    Oh btw the GT ceramic cCELLS have stainless steel 316l heating element wires. I verified this with Vaporesso 3 separate times with their customer reps on FB and on their website. I was told they should be used in TCR mode so if you like to use Temp Mode .... You won’t find that info anywhere though for some odd reason.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    That is not cheap.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    I bought quite a few packs from FT but My Freedom Smokes has good prices too. Let me know what you think of the mesh if you get them. That’s a fantastic price! I should just order some anyways. I ended up getting the V2 of the GTCCELL ceramic which is .3ohms.
    Oh btw the GT ceramic cCELLS have stainless steel 316l heating element wires. I verified this with Vaporesso 3 separate times with their customer reps on FB and on their website. I was told they should be used in TCR mode so if you like to use Temp Mode .... You won’t find that info anywhere though for some odd reason.
    I’ll place an order in the morning when my eyes ar less tired. But I’ll have them in a couple weeks. I’ll let you know unless you should receive yours first.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    Guess I'm lucky I'm happy with my coils.:) I don't have many kinds I can't rebuild.
    Definitely a win! These are the only ones I spend so much on. They’re newer atm. After a bit of time we’ll be able to get them cheaper through eBay and such. A couple years ago I paid $20 - $25 for a 5 pack of baby beast coils. I can now get them online for $5 but no longer use the same ones as I only use mesh in them if and when I use my BB.

Users who are viewing this thread