Random DIY mixing and More

Saccharine goat cheese, OMG that's priceless! Your future mixes should improve with practice, and steeping. Sounds like it might be over flavored to me, which cheesecake did you use?

Um, not sure. It came in a little envelope.
Obviously, only one of my many problems, aside from not realizing that recipes and probably some cooking were involved--I just threw some VG, PG, and the contents of some flavor packets in a unicorn bottle and shook them, like i was trying to make a hellish martini (& martinis do not taste good even if Heavenly)-- I didn't actually think about what Cheesecake tastes like. As in the cheese aspect.
I mixed it with PG & VG plus I believe Bavarian Creme and more sweetener than would have been wise. "Goat cheese," which was definitely the flavor profile of my ghastly little attempt to "do it myself," as in not review any information provided by people who have actually made their own e-liquid, as a straight goat-cheese might have done for a novelty. Sickly-sweet goat cheese, not so much.

Last edited:

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
Hey,I like TFA cheesecake/graham. But yeah the plain cheesecake would turn most folks off but there’s nothing sweet about it
That's the one I was thinking of, plain old TFA cheesecake. I didn't get goat cheese from it but I over do it once and got stinky footcheese. That was 6 years ago, and I still remember that I had to wash my tank three times, after a rewick/recoil, and it still hung around. I got a shiver just now thinking about it. I'm no cheescake hater, but that flavor did not agree with me, and I like most flavors. Maybe I had a bad flavor now that I think back on it. No problem with the graham cheesecake that I can remember. Maybe unrelated (?) I love TFA graham cracker clear.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
Obviously, only one of my many problems, aside from not realizing that recipes and probably some cooking were involved--I just threw some VG, PG, and the contents of some flavor packets in a unicorn bottle and shook them, like i was trying to make a hellish martini (& martinis do not taste good even if Heavenly)-- I didn't actually think about what Cheesecake tastes like. As in the cheese aspect.
I mixed it with PG & VG plus I believe Bavarian Creme and more sweetener than would have been wise. "Goat cheese," which was definitely the flavor profile of my ghastly little attempt to "do it myself," as in not review any information provided by people who have have actually made their own e-liquid, but a straight goat-cheese might have done for a novelty. Sickly-sweet goat cheese, not so much.
No worries, I made some god awful mixes when I started. Stay away from TFA maraschino cherry unless you like cough syrup, FYI.

I accomplished absolutely nothing tonight. Watched a movie with my oldest daughter and got stuff ready for work. Still have a ton of flavors to go through and put away.

Actually that sounds like a fair amount accomplished.

Well, to me, the inventor of the e-liquid that should never have been. (Though maybe I should do what all the 'positivity" self-help books recommend, and try to market it. It's already got the proprietary recipe thing going, since I honestly don't remember what other flavors I used. Maybe it will start a craze for flavors in the "even grosser than normal cheese vape" profile, and I will simultaneously be an industry titan AND worshipped by those who would cut back on teen vaping by just making it unappealing to anyone. ("Dude, what flavor you Juuling? Ew, that's GROSS, man. Vaping isn't cool, it's nasty AF. I'm telling the rest of us.")
Strawberries 'n' Cheddar.
Blueberry Bleu.
And of course the original, the one, the only (I promise) Sue's Saccharine Satyr.
(Thanks, Fran, for the reminder about the "stinky feet" notes. Goat cheese + feet = satyr = whyever it's cool to name a flavor something that makes me have to still look up what flavor it is. A position in my C-suite for that one!)
If I could make myself try DIY-ing again, Blitzed, I will indeed avoid the TFA Maraschino Cherry. Unless Sue's Shirley Temple needs just that touch of Mucinex to bring out the "weeping child actress" notes ... hey... [thinking; you would do well to stop me now]

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
LOL I knew there was something wrong with my (EFC) but also day in general. It was the DIY thread and like, it's homey goodness where flavors can taste like socks.

I am vaping.... A mix. I mixed it. Either I never lablelled it at all, or the ink came off or something. It tastes good but I have zero context to describe it really other than it is quite vapable.

I am glad to have labelled a lemon something like tart mix, where like, it smells VILE. I am scare to vape it and I think I put extra lemon (cicely? Perhaps?) but from the smell, I am NOT vaping it. I refuse to pollute an entire tank. I suppose it's like, um, incentive to set up my dipper, or something.

I wait patiently but I actually think it's starting to smell WORSE over time.

Anna

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I mixed it with PG & VG plus I believe Bavarian Creme and more sweetener than would have been wise. "Goat cheese," which was definitely the flavor profile of my ghastly little attempt to "do it myself," as in not review any information provided by people who have have actually made their own e-liquid, but a straight goat-cheese might have done for a novelty. Sickly-sweet goat cheese, not so much.
    Don’t worry.It will improve with time and suggestions.

Reactions: stols001

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    That's the one I was thinking of, plain old TFA cheesecake. I didn't get goat cheese from it but I over do it once and got stinky footcheese. That was 6 years ago, and I still remember that I had to wash my tank three times, after a rewick/recoil, and it still hung around. I got a shiver just now thinking about it. I'm no cheescake hater, but that flavor did not agree with me, and I like most flavors. Maybe I had a bad flavor now that I think back on it. No problem with the graham cheesecake that I can remember. Maybe unrelated (?) I love TFA graham cracker clear.
    That flavor is a very handy one for me. If I mix a cheesecake a bit to sweet but otherwise good then just a drop or two of that plain cheesecake takes the sweetness down to a likable level.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I got the death packet of cheesecake flavor from vapewild. They have a little DIY section. I wandered in and should have told the nice policeman I lost my Mommy. Instead, I figured I'd wing it.
    And so I did. Should've listened to Icarus.
    No worries. My first mixes weren’t exactly stellar winners. Hang around here a bit and we’ll help ya out.

Reactions: stols001

Users who are viewing this thread