Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I'm sorry insurance stuff is complicated. State Farm issues checks to us and our mortgage company to ensure the house gets fixed, and so we HAD the checks (I signed them as the deed holder) and the husband sent this HUGE packet to our mortgage lender for review including contractor estimates, etc. It's just our mortgage lender is a bank, so they LOVE keeping funds as long as they can, because they can generate interest. Etc. So, they have this process where they just keep telling you, "NO even though you filled out the form, you must email THIS person and let them know that form is part of your packet and then the mortgage company will actually examine that form, and then they release just enough of your money that you have to go back and say, "The contractor can't even get started on that amount" and then that takes a while, and finally they say okay, and then they do all these inspections and stuff and well, eventually everyone gets paid and you just want to die.

It's all a shell game, honestly. I don't know how the husband is staying sane, well LATER much later amigos!

Anna
    My Dd went through that whole mess of crap when a tree destroyed much of her house.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    I eat those tin cookies a lot. Wish they didn't have so much sugar on them (have switched to plain shortbread cookies)
    I love them but always wondered what that smell was... now I know (I love coconut... food and vape)

I wouldn't touch those things till I was almost 12 years old. My sister told me it was sea salt sprinkled on top so I stayed away. She won't admit to it even today... That's what happens when your mother spreads the kids out by 13 years.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I wouldn't touch those things till I was almost 12 years old. My sister told me it was sea salt sprinkled on top so I stayed away. She won't admit to it even today... That's what happens when your mother spreads the kids out by 13 years.
    13 years between you and your sister?

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    That's what happens when your mother spreads the kids out by 13 years.

I grew up as the only girl, with 2 older brothers 5 and 6 years older than me. What 1 didn't think of to do to torment or tease me, or trick me into doing,...the other 1 did. :rolleyes: That was OK though, I learned really quickly that if I didn't cry right when they did something, but instead waited to cry when Dad walked in the door from work...I ended up with the last laugh, because he never asked when or how long ago they did it. They still, all these years later, remember how that worked with Dad. :D

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    I don't think I have ever got an anniversary notification.

13 years between you and your sister?

Yes, she's 64 and my brother is 70. I did the same thing. I have an 11, 19 and 30 year old daughters. I wanted to go through all 3 phases at once. I survived.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I grew up as the only girl, with 2 older brothers 5 and 6 years older than me. What 1 didn't think of to do to torment or tease me, or trick me into doing,...the other 1 did. :rolleyes: That was OK though, I learned really quickly that if I didn't cry right when they did something, but instead waited to cry when Dad walked in the door from work...I ended up with the last laugh, because he never asked when or how long ago they did it. They still, all these years later, remember how that worked with Dad. :D
    Good thinking:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread