Random DIY mixing and More

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I’ve had some for a few years at least. I’ve heard that they might weaken over time but don’t think they go bad.

I only had one that went noticeably bad. TFA French Vanilla. Turned dark and tasted nasty after 2 or 3 years. It was 4 oz bottle, I get it in small bottles now. I've had some that lasted 4 or 5 years and were fine.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Had to skedaddle earlier because my aunt needed me and then she asked me to mow her yard.

I want to thank everyone who helped me this morning. You do not know how much I appreciated you. I had never had anything like that happen before and was not sure what to do till I started reading about it.

Stretching worked and it is fine for right now. I know I need to find a new spring but I am leaning towards it is time to get a new tooter.
unnamed.gif

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I’ve had some for a few years at least. I’ve heard that they might weaken over time but don’t think they go bad.
Developed team all agreed that CAP Sugar Cookie lasts a few months once it's first opened.
It doesn't go bad, just gets weaker. Same flavor, just less potent.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Getting a little upset with my Coolfire Z80. Now when I changed the battery it had juice all over it. So I cleaned it all up, changed the coil and let it sit a while. I hope this doesn't keep happening.
    I’ve never had that happen.

• Agree
    Reactions: DavidOck

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Plans? I need to do a couple mixes to fill my divider which might happen. I also planned to try my dripper which might happen also. My Zenith is almost empty and will need a new mix and that will happen. Right now it’s coffee, vape and contemplate.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    When I initially mixed my Golden Cream Filled Wafer I split the mix in two. I posted the GCFW recipe yesterday.

In the other half I added FA Maple Syrup. My gut told me "the two syrups together would make a true b-u-t-t kickin' maple syrup". My gut was correct.

Creamy Maple Wafer

CAP Wafer Crunch 3%
    MB Soft Baked Cookie Base 2%
    WF Vanilla Cream Extra 1.5%
    VTA Golden Syrup 2%
    FA Maple Syrup 1%

FA Maple syrup is an excellent maple flavor but it is not a syrup in the way VTA Golden Syrup is. Golden Syrup tastes like a syrup (see recipe notes and follow-on posts from yesterday).

The two mixed together make an excellent tasting maple syrup. Either one can be made more prominent depending on percents. I will be using them together in future mixes!

Interestingly my perception of the overall sweetness of the mix has not changed. FA Maple Syrup did not add any noticeable sweetness. Overall sweetness still sits at a solid 5 (mid-level).

1% FA Maple Syrup added a very pleasant maple note turning the mix into a Creamy Maple Wafer.

I should note that when I was vaping this mix the girls asked me if I had spilled some maple syrup! :lol: :lol: FA Maple Syrup does leave a really nice maple scent in the air.

@Zazie can you please add this to your blog? Thank you! :)

Last edited:

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Detroit
    Mixing up a couple of 5 ml testers this morning. Going a little outside of my normal tobacco comfort zone. Been wanting to try the WF Vanilla Ruyan Custard, which is a tobacco / custard. Never tried a custard at all. Don't even remember ever eating any, so I have no preconceived expectations as far as custard accuracy. It'll be judged solely on taste good or not so good. I like experimenting with complimentary flavors to add to my tobaccos. Will see how this one goes.

The other tester will be the CAP Shortbread. Never really got into the bakery end of things, but figured with the good reviews, I'd give it a whirl. I'll probably try 'em both at 3% to start, and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread