ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Sounds like a good plan to me.
    I didn’t get much done. I was having a weird problem trying to transfer pictures from my phone to the usb stick that I keep all my reviews on.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good morning. Woke up this morning to my garbage bags torn up again outside. I was waiting until morning to take them out but got tired of messing with it before work on Mondays. We are supposed to be getting big plastic garbage cans this year from the city. I guess I’m going to have to start putting it out in the morning again until we get the new can.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good morning. Woke up this morning to my garbage bags torn up again outside. I was waiting until morning to take them out but got tired of messing with it before work on Mondays. We are supposed to be getting big plastic garbage cans this year from the city. I guess I’m going to have to start putting it out in the morning again until we get the new can.
    Good morning, hitt. :) Sorry about the torn rubbish bags.

Reactions: hittman

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good morning random folks. We are in for another hot and humid day. High is to be 80 and its currently 92% humidity. I'll probably wait til evening to try and walk.
    Good morning, Terri. :) That humidity is terrible. Glad you're going to wait.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    We have the big plastic bins here. I have to keep a piece of concrete paver on top of the lid to stop the critters getting in at night. If I put it out the night before it sits by the road without the concrete and the trash is all over the place by morning. You just can't win.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Morning, mixers.

Rain continues. So lots of time to fix the mower ;)

1715002884371.png

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Got three tanks recoiled last night and planning to do a bunch more today. Almost ready to copy the second computer but decided I had to take care of the tanks first in case the copy takes a long time. That's my plan for today.

Last fall my wife picked up a battery mower to do the bits the rider can't reach. Used it once and it was fine. This year she got it out and it only ran for 5 mins on a charge, now it's down to a few seconds. Well past the time limit for Amazon return. She tends to be impatient when she gets on Amazon. I looked through the reviews and lots of buyers were complaining about the batteries dying really fast. Cheapo lithium batteries. Last week she picked up a cheap gas mower. It made a horrible grinding noise where the blade was hitting the case. If you lift one side of the handle it grinds, lift the other side it stops, so it looks like a flimsy case that isn't rigid enough. Now the blade has ground off enough metal that it mostly isn't hitting anymore.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    On April 4, @ShowMeTwice posted the following recipe in its own thread and asked me to add it to the blog. Being a compulsive loon, I said that I would if he posted it here, because the blog specifically includes only recipes from this thread and the Liquor Flavors thread. He never did (which worries me, as does his continuing absence from the forum), so I'm copying it here now. (Note that everything from here on out is from his original post at SMT's Creamsicle,)

1715012140952.png

Creamsicle

FA Blood Orange 3%
    FA Royal Orange 1.5%
    FLV Creamsicle 2.5%
    SSA Ice Cream 1.5%
    WF Vanilla Cream Extra 0.8%
    CAP Super Sweet 0.5%

Steep time: 3-4 weeks / off the mix it is very good, but it does do better with time / after 5 days, it's very tasty
    Note: Creams will always do best with a longer steep. As usual, YMMV.

The orange notes come from FA BO, FA RO and FLV Creamsicle. Together they create a very excellent tasting orange profile. For the main orange note I featured Blood Orange for its zesty notes. Also, FA BO is fade resistant (always a good thing!).

FA Royal Orange is basically an orange juice flavor. It also adds some sweetness and minor creaminess. I always use it with FA BO for a more complete tasting orange profile.

FLV Creamsicle is just a straight-up creamsicle flavor. The orange and ice cream are even taste-wise (per my SFT). In the mix it adds a nice orange to the overall orange profile with a light zestiness. It has a tasty vanilla ice cream note. I felt it was not a strong enough orange to be used on its own. It pops with the other oranges.

For this mix I wanted more creaminess and more ice cream flavor. SSA Ice Cream was perfect for adding a full bodied IC. WF VCE added the extra creaminess and a pleasant vanilla note.

CAP Super Sweet - originally I tested this mix without it. The mix was good, but........ I felt it was lacking something. When I added CAP SS it brought the orange profile to life. It made the orange "POP". IOW, it improved the mix 100%. It didn't really make the mix much sweeter than it was (well, maybe a wee bit, LOL).

It is a very tasty orange creamsicle mix!!!

Why creamsicle versus dreamsicle?

"Creamsicles are made with a layer of ice cream that's surrounded by a delicious coating of orange sherbert. Dreamsicles, on the other hand, have the same tasty outer layer but are filled with ice milk instead of ice cream."

Note: As of today, both Bull City Flavors (USA) and Nom Nomz (UK) stock the flavors used in this mix.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    On April 4, @ShowMeTwice posted the following recipe in its own thread and asked me to add it to the blog. Being a compulsive loon, I said that I would if he posted it here, because the blog specifically includes only recipes from this thread and the Liquor Flavors thread. He never did (which worries me, as does his continuing absence from the forum), so I'm copying it here now. (Note that everything from here on out is from his original post at SMT's Creamsicle,)

View attachment 1012324

Creamsicle

FA Blood Orange 3%
    FA Royal Orange 1.5%
    FLV Creamsicle 2.5%
    SSA Ice Cream 1.5%
    WF Vanilla Cream Extra 0.8%
    CAP Super Sweet 0.5%

Steep time: 3-4 weeks / off the mix it is very good, but it does do better with time / after 5 days, it's very tasty
    Note: Creams will always do best with a longer steep. As usual, YMMV.

The orange notes come from FA BO, FA RO and FLV Creamsicle. Together they create a very excellent tasting orange profile. For the main orange note I featured Blood Orange for its zesty notes. Also, FA BO is fade resistant (always a good thing!).

FA Royal Orange is basically an orange juice flavor. It also adds some sweetness and minor creaminess. I always use it with FA BO for a more complete tasting orange profile.

FLV Creamsicle is just a straight-up creamsicle flavor. The orange and ice cream are even taste-wise (per my SFT). In the mix it adds a nice orange to the overall orange profile with a light zestiness. It has a tasty vanilla ice cream note. I felt it was not a strong enough orange to be used on its own. It pops with the other oranges.

For this mix I wanted more creaminess and more ice cream flavor. SSA Ice Cream was perfect for adding a full bodied IC. WF VCE added the extra creaminess and a pleasant vanilla note.

CAP Super Sweet - originally I tested this mix without it. The mix was good, but........ I felt it was lacking something. When I added CAP SS it brought the orange profile to life. It made the orange "POP". IOW, it improved the mix 100%. It didn't really make the mix much sweeter than it was (well, maybe a wee bit, LOL).

It is a very tasty orange creamsicle mix!!!

Why creamsicle versus dreamsicle?

"Creamsicles are made with a layer of ice cream that's surrounded by a delicious coating of orange sherbert. Dreamsicles, on the other hand, have the same tasty outer layer but are filled with ice milk instead of ice cream."

Note: As of today, both Bull City Flavors (USA) and Nom Nomz (UK) stock the flavors used in this mix.
    I do see SMT floating around FB pretty much on a daily basis so I do wonder why he hasn't been back here for so long!! I think a message to him via FB may be in order to see what's going on :)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good evening. Plan tonight is dinner then try to work on a review. Hopefully the wife doesn’t need my help with anything tonight. Yesterday the forecast said slight chance of rain but it’s rained twice today and supposed to get storms late tonight.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I went out and mowed earlier today. It occurred to me that I have 2 meetings, back to back, tonight so waiting til this evening wasn't an option. Temperature wise, it wasn't too bad, it was only 72 degrees and overcast, along with a nice breeze, all which offset the 90%humidity. Dandelions have been harvested.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good evening. Plan tonight is dinner then try to work on a review. Hopefully the wife doesn’t need my help with anything tonight. Yesterday the forecast said slight chance of rain but it’s rained twice today and supposed to get storms late tonight.
    Good evening, hitt. :) We have one more nice 75 day coming for tomorrow. Then may get days of showers.

Reactions: hittman

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I went out and mowed earlier today. It occurred to me that I have 2 meetings, back to back, tonight so waiting til this evening wasn't an option. Temperature wise, it wasn't too bad, it was only 72 degrees and overcast, along with a nice breeze, all which offset the 90%humidity. Dandelions have been harvested.
    Glad you have cooler temps.

Users who are viewing this thread