Random DIY mixing and More

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
The hummingbirds are back. Saw one fly across my deck friday, then this morning it was buzzing back and forth outside the glass on my screen door while I drank a coffee. Like it was there to tell me get the damn feeder put out you lazy sod. Got everything together and hung the feeder outside the kitchen window, by the time I got back inside it was on the feeder.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The hummingbirds are back. Saw one fly across my deck friday, then this morning it was buzzing back and forth outside the glass on my screen door while I drank a coffee. Like it was there to tell me get the damn feeder put out you lazy sod. Got everything together and hung the feeder outside the kitchen window, by the time I got back inside it was on the feeder.
    Thanks for the reminder. Our weather is warming and I need to put mine out.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I was rewicking a tank yesterday. Cleaned it and removed the old wick and put it on the Aegis Mini I use for dry burning. I keep that mod at 5W and pulse it until the coil gets hot and burns off the crap. Somehow the mod had got set up to max which is 80W. It was only a very brief pulse but that was enough to turn the coil bright red. It was a 1.2 kanthal coil that I normally use at 12W. Interesting thing was the coil came out clean as whistle and shiny silver coloured. Looked like a brand new coil. Resistance was right so I went with it and it vapes like a new coil.

Maybe I discovered a new technique for cleaning coils. Don't think I'll try it again though.

Last week I took 4 batteries off the charger and noticed one of them had a sharp dent on the side. Maybe I dropped it at some point. I'm not that diligent about checking batteries so maybe this will be a wake up call.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I was rewicking a tank yesterday. Cleaned it and removed the old wick and put it on the Aegis Mini I use for dry burning. I keep that mod at 5W and pulse it until the coil gets hot and burns off the crap. Somehow the mod had got set up to max which is 80W. It was only a very brief pulse but that was enough to turn the coil bright red. It was a 1.2 kanthal coil that I normally use at 12W. Interesting thing was the coil came out clean as whistle and shiny silver coloured. Looked like a brand new coil. Resistance was right so I went with it and it vapes like a new coil.

Maybe I discovered a new technique for cleaning coils. Don't think I'll try it again though.

Last week I took 4 batteries off the charger and noticed one of them had a sharp dent on the side. Maybe I dropped it at some point. I'm not that diligent about checking batteries so maybe this will be a wake up call.
    Yup, it a good idea to check your batteries.

Reactions: englishmick

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Hi Fran. Now I'm off to computer work. During the copy my Cust Support guy made multiple copies of my decktop and documents and user docs. The old disk had 540G of stuff on it, the new one had 920G. Took me last night and today to figure out where the extra junk was and get it deleted. Tonight I'm going to download a password manager and start to get my passwords sorted out. Still debating between Bitwarden and Dashlane.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Hi Fran. Now I'm off to computer work. During the copy my Cust Support guy made multiple copies of my decktop and documents and user docs. The old disk had 540G of stuff on it, the new one had 920G. Took me last night and today to figure out where the extra junk was and get it deleted. Tonight I'm going to download a password manager and start to get my passwords sorted out. Still debating between Bitwarden and Dashlane.
    Hi, englishmick :) Good luck with your computer work.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hopefully it gets to you quickly.
    They call it a brake cable but if it’s not pulled tight then the mower dies. The old one was in such bad shape that the mower died three times on me today. On a happier note, my wife told me not to install the new bathroom faucet today because she didn’t feel like taking everything from under the vanity and putting it back.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    They call it a brake cable but if it’s not pulled tight then the mower dies. The old one was in such bad shape that the mower died three times on me today. On a happier note, my wife told me not to install the new bathroom faucet today because she didn’t feel like taking everything from under the vanity and putting it back.
    Glad you got out of the faucet job.

Reactions: hittman

gloopdegurp

DIY Hack
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 3, 2022
    Pennsylvania, USA
    What’s everyone else up to this evening?
    Howdy, Fran, I'm winding down with some X-Files on TV right now mixed with some browsing.
    I have to be out and about early tomorrow so will try to get to sleep by a decent time tonight.

I jumped my Calibrating The Couch mix up in the vaping queue today but it will probably take a tank or two to see what it is as it's chasing out the previous mix from the tank. It's at about an 8 week steep.

I hope you've been having a good Sunday!

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Howdy, Fran, I'm winding down with some X-Files on TV right now mixed with some browsing.
    I have to be out and about early tomorrow so will try to get to sleep by a decent time tonight.

I jumped my Calibrating The Couch mix up in the vaping queue today but it will probably take a tank or two to see what it is as it's chasing out the previous mix from the tank. It's at about an 8 week steep.

I hope you've been having a good Sunday!
    Hi,gloop. :) Hope you like your mix. I did have a good Sunday and hope you did also.

Reactions: gloopdegurp

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Good morning. Evidently there was a bad storm that rolled through after I went to bed. My neighbor has a big branch down in his yard and the recycling bins got blown over so there’s junk all over my yard.

Users who are viewing this thread