Random DIY mixing and More

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I've finished my walk. Did the long loop today...3x around equals 2 miles. The long loop is harder as there are a few inclines. As I figure, the walking in Mexico City isn't gonna all be flat, I'd better stick with the long loops for my training. I had something nice happen to me while on my walk. I met up with my cousin on the trail, and she gave me a charm from my grandmother's bracelet. It is a silver silhouette of a little girl and has my name and birthday inscribed on it. She had charms for all the older grandchildren and I was the last one. It wasn't kept up after that. Apparently my aunt got the bracelet when my grandmother passed and when my aunt passed, her children took off the charms and passed them out. They put theirs in with their mother's ashes before she was buried. Mine's going on my charm keeper.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I've finished my walk. Did the long loop today...3x around equals 2 miles. The long loop is harder as there are a few inclines. As I figure, the walking in Mexico City isn't gonna all be flat, I'd better stick with the long loops for my training. I had something nice happen to me while on my walk. I met up with my cousin on the trail, and she gave me a charm from my grandmother's bracelet. It is a silver silhouette of a little girl and has my name and birthday inscribed on it. She had charms for all the older grandchildren and I was the last one. It wasn't kept up after that. Apparently my aunt got the bracelet when my grandmother passed and when my aunt passed, her children took off the charms and passed them out. They put theirs in with their mother's ashes before she was buried. Mine's going on my charm keeper.
    You should do good on your trip to Mexico. Also a nice story about the charms.

dennism

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    I'm trying for a vanilla bourbon base:
    Aged bourbon cream-wf-2%
    Bourbon-fw-1%
    Custard-inw-.5%
    Vanilla pudding-fa-2%
    Vanilla bourbon-fa-1.25%
    Whipped cream-ssa-2%
    Sweet-.5%(optionable)
    Any ideas? I'm wondering if I should increase the bourbon?

Last edited:

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I'm trying for a vanilla bourbon base:
    Aged bourbon cream-wf-2%
    Bourbon-fw-1%
    Custard-inw-.5%
    Vanilla pudding-fa-2%
    Vanilla bourbon-fa-1.25%
    Whipped cream-ssa-2%
    Sweet-.5%
    Any ideas? I'm wondering if I should increase the bourbon?

I would, if you want it to be bourbon forward, and I would try it without the sweet at first. Most of your flavors are already sweet.

Real-ist

Jan 25, 2024
    Among The Pugs
    Morning, mixers.

Claim is more rain today, but that hasn't happened yet. We'll see ;)

Thankfully, nothing like 80 or 90, happy in the mid 60s ;)

Did get some whacking done yesterday, anyway.

View attachment 1013074
    I've been busy spreading topsoil and grass seed, in attempt to level out years of Mole (Vietnam) tunnels.

Thankfully, Mother Nature is providing the necessary moisture to help the seed germinate.

dennism

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    I would, if you want it to be bourbon forward, and I would try it without the sweet at first. Most of your flavors are already sweet.
    Thanks for your reply, to be honest the sweet should have been listed as an option. I do want it bourbon forward, but not too much. I think I will increase the bourbon from 1% to 2%.

Last edited:

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    For weeks now I've been playing with my new computer. It's kind of addictive. Last night I finally put it down and got to mixing. Made 100mls of blackcurrant and 100mls of blueberry. Hopefully that will continue for a few more days. I'm still down to the bottom of several of the previous mixes so for a few weeks that will mean vaping stuff that hasn't been steeped properly. There's light at the end of the tunnel though.

I'm also getting low on quite a few flavorings, that means making up a list and paying a visit to Bull City. And my small tray of flavorings is crowded out with stuff I don't use any more so it's clean out time.

Been struggling for a couple of days with a new password manager. Looks like it will be secure and simple to use, but the process of copying over old passwords from Norton and Edge is a nightmare. I guess the different password companies don't want to make it easy for you to change to another system. And my computer game is DOA. Most of the other problems are sorted out though.

Today is the second day in a row which broke the temp record for that date. We've had a dozen of those through late winter and spring so far. And tonight there are warnings about a major storm with tornados heading this way.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    A few months ago I got a bunch of new flavorings, mainly fruits. It was slow and painful but I made up recipes for blueberry, blackcurrant, and raspberry which are pretty tasty. Still have three strawberry flavors sitting there unused. Guess I'm reluctant to start on that because I never had much luck with strawberry.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    I have a question for anyone who is more versed in the mysteries of computers than I: I'm considering adding Linux to my computer, the OS of which is Windows 10. Will it be possible for me to set things up so that only Linux can connect to the internet? I.e., can I disable automatic connection in Windows but retain it in Linux?

P.S. I already know how to disable automatic connection in Windows.

Last edited:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Thanks for your reply, to be honest the sweet should have been listed as an option. I do want it bourbon forward, but not too much. I think I will increase the bourbon from 1% to 2%.
    Raising the bourbon is a good idea.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    For weeks now I've been playing with my new computer. It's kind of addictive. Last night I finally put it down and got to mixing. Made 100mls of blackcurrant and 100mls of blueberry. Hopefully that will continue for a few more days. I'm still down to the bottom of several of the previous mixes so for a few weeks that will mean vaping stuff that hasn't been steeped properly. There's light at the end of the tunnel though.

I'm also getting low on quite a few flavorings, that means making up a list and paying a visit to Bull City. And my small tray of flavorings is crowded out with stuff I don't use any more so it's clean out time.

Been struggling for a couple of days with a new password manager. Looks like it will be secure and simple to use, but the process of copying over old passwords from Norton and Edge is a nightmare. I guess the different password companies don't want to make it easy for you to change to another system. And my computer game is DOA. Most of the other problems are sorted out though.

Today is the second day in a row which broke the temp record for that date. We've had a dozen of those through late winter and spring so far. And tonight there are warnings about a major storm with tornados heading this way.
    Hope those tornados stay away. Stay safe.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have a question for anyone who is more versed in the mysteries of computers than I: I'm considering adding Linux to my computer, the OS of which is Windows 10. Will it be possible for me to set things up so that only Linux cn connect to the internet? I.e., can I disable automatic connection in Windows but retain it in Linux?

P.S. I already know how to disable automatic connection in Windows.
    Wish I could help but I no doubt know less than you about computers.

Reactions: Zazie

Users who are viewing this thread