Rayon wick, better flow, flavor, saturation and Nic Hit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianc11111

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
cincinnati
Just loaded up one of the kayfuns with tencel. one word.......DAYUM!!!!!!!!!
I took alot more care this time how I wicked it. I wicked it with the same amount I normally do with cotton. The vapor amount is definately noticeable. Im sure once this gets around, all the drippers will jump on this. Ive got the airscrew pulled out and the flavor is great.
One thing I noticed that I like was that if you put too much in the coil when youre wicking, you can just grab a little on the end and itll pull out those strands all the way to the other end. Good thing I make my own juice because this stuff wicks so good that Ive found that I am burning alot more than I would have. I will not go back to cotton unless it comes out that tencel will make your .... fall off!

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
One other thing.. Rayon tends to work excellent with more wicking outside the coil in the chamber or deck.

Reason being-

With cotton if you have a lot outside the coil. The cotton will soak it up but hold it at the opposite end. It's widely recognized the the cotton will dry at the coil while remaining wet at the ends or outsides. Cotton holds better than it transports the liquid.

With rayon, it transports so efficiently that if you have a 1/16 coil with 1/16 short wick it may transport so fast that the tiny wick will give up juice faster than its little pipe size can flow. So a larger diameter may help or just more wick in the chamber or on deck. Because it will completely wick to coil from the ends with no delay. So more is more reserve, a holding tank if you will to feed the high transfer to coil. When the coil flashes the rayon just dumps any juice in the wick instantly into the coil.

This has been my experience with the oddy build. It shines with it external wick because there's more juice around the coil. Standard kanger with overwick seems fine since there's overwick.

This may be different for different rbas but keep it in mind...

this is exactly what ive been imagining. using the rayon/tencil essentially as a "tank". not only am i imagining a larger juice capacity, leak-free dripper, but also the extra wick material will serve to reduce the chamber. im envisioning a whole bunch of winning here folks!
..going to tear open my spring valley melatonin bottles tonight.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Rayon could be in other bottles but that's the only one I have confirmed was using it, you can get it at walmart. Melatonin is good because it has no scent. Whatever you find you have to burn test to confirm its rayon. Ask if your not sure.

Halcyon is good because you can get just an ounce. If tencel is still sold out you can just get an ounce of traditional rayon to play with.. It's all ive used to this date.. My tencel is at home waiting for me.:)

Realize we are at the ground floor with this so a lot of data on suppliers is not known.

Last edited:

abpigdoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Alpharetta, GA USA
I'm happy to see you bunch enjoying yourselves! I couldn't sleep last night and rolled up a dual coil 1.2 ohm and slid in the wicks...4 volts and I just love the warmth and vapor. The thread trick with a little bundle, doubled as it were, tied in the middle and pulled through the coil make my builds wick well and it's just beautiful! I see those splayed ends pulling so efficiently--it kind of brings a tear to my eyes when I soak the juice! I have a Vicious Ant Cyclone all coiled and waiting on my clone 30w box mod SHIPPED! I'll be in business soon!!!!

Kemosabe, love your cut line!

brianc11111

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
cincinnati
I'm happy to see you bunch enjoying yourselves! I couldn't sleep last night and rolled up a dual coil 1.2 ohm and slid in the wicks...4 volts and I just love the warmth and vapor. The thread trick with a little bundle, doubled as it were, tied in the middle and pulled through the coil make my builds wick well and it's just beautiful! I see those splayed ends pulling so efficiently--it kind of brings a tear to my eyes when I soak the juice! I have a Vicious Ant Cyclone all coiled and waiting on my clone 30w box mod SHIPPED! I'll be in business soon!!!!
Kemosabe, love your cut line!

going to try the thread trick on next build.. i believe that would be the way to do it

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
Okay nix that, the total with shipping from Mielkes is ~17.00 for 1/2 Lb. I'll order that if necessary, but just checked at Halcyon Yarn and it is around 5.00 for one ounce shipped. Sent them an email to see when they might be in stock/shipping and to make sure there are no dyes in that lot and will update here when I receive a reply from them.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
A bottle of the melatonin is around $4 at your local Walmart for the small sized bottle. Not sure if bottle size matters in terms of whether or not the filler is rayon or cotton. Didn't see a particular size pill or count mentioned in the postings, just the brand name and product. If I had $4 to spend now I'd get a bottle.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread