RBA for the Provari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Ok, I know this is totally subjective, but going to ask anyway. What are some recommendations for a very good tank style RBA that matches well with the Provari (no drip RBAs). I have a Pro Ring from Loki, so I want it to work with that too. Just got a taste of RBA's with my new Diver that I got for my Billet Box. But they don't make a 45mm version and all my tanks are XL. So figured I would give a try at a tank style RBA. But it must be something worthy of the Provari.

Thanks for any replies!

-=J

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My first and only RBAs are the AGA-T2 with pyrex tanks. These are relatively inexpensive ($30?), are pretty popular, and a lot of info is available on them. I use the Provari's built-in ohm reader to measure the coils (2.0 ohm with 30g wire 6/7 wraps) and do the pulse fire technique on my coils that Zen teaches for the ZAP.

I've written a guide for those vapors thinking of getting their first RBA. It has the video that Zen did for Provape, and the two review/demos videos that PBusardo did for the AGA-T's. It is also loaded with resource information needed by new RBA users.

Last edited:

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
ZAP. with a drip tip o-ring on center post to let you line up the airhole wiith your fire button placement

image_zps0af43878.jpg

image_zpsb23c14b9.jpg

ETA: For price + looks (which the OP was calling for), I agree with vsummer1. Because if you take Baditude's shot for example, which is badass. You have to know that he's using other things to give that look, like a beauty ring of sorts. Factor that nto the cost of any quality Genny like the AGA-T2, and I think it's cheaper to get it from the za(P). Afterall, one genny is enough when you're starting out rebuilding because then it all boils down to the trials & teibulations of wick 'n wire :)

RHP

Last edited:

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I really like the price on those rbas and (aga-t 2) they look good on the Provari too.

I have both and literally gave the AGA's away. I almost felt guilty doing that too. There is no comparison once you hold them in your hand regarding the ease of building and quality of construction. The AGA is just.... well, you get what you pay for. Did I mention the ease of use and looks? Take a good look at both of them and what you have to do to get them to look close to as good as Baditude's versus out of the box and what they come with. Sometimes cheap really isn't after all is said and done.

No disrespect intended to Baditude of course!

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
This is great, so many to choose from. Thanks for all the responses. Has anyone tried the AGT titanium? AGT Titanium Rebuildable Atomizer - Phiniac Rugged Pyrex Glass Tanks

But I bet none will match and fit as good as the Provape ZAP made for the Provari. Man I wish they would at least have a sale or something. Feeling guilty about all the money I have spent on vaping lately.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have both and literally gave the AGA's away. I almost felt guilty doing that too. There is no comparison once you hold them in your hand regarding the ease of building and quality of construction. The AGA is just.... well, you get what you pay for. Did I mention the ease of use and looks? Take a good look at both of them and what you have to do to get them to look close to as good as Baditude's versus out of the box and what they come with. Sometimes cheap really isn't after all is said and done.

No disrespect intended to Baditude of course!

No disrespect taken. ;) I can and have made the same comparison concerning the cost/quality/value of different cartotanks (of which are my specialty).

I held off purchasing an RBA for several months because I was intimidated by them. I read up on them and watched the videos. I did my homework, as I tell all new prospective RBA users to do. I already was pleased with my cartotank setups. I already knew ME. I'm not a fiddly-type person. I like things to work right out-of-the box. Would I really like trying an RBA? Not for $200.

I saw the AGA-T2 with the pyrex tank for $30, they were getting outstanding reviews, and decided to give that a whirl. It was a good investment for a first RBA. I liked it enough to purchase a second one, and for a while they were the best vape I've experienced yet. Then the fussy part came. They reminded me that I don't like tinkering. I presently haven't touched either of my AGA's for about 3 weeks because both need new coils, possibly new wicks. I know I will need to devote at least a half hour to each to get them working optimum again, and I'm too lazy to do it. My cartotanks are performing reliably, consistantly, as always. Aside from the amount of vapor production an RBA can provide, my cartotanks are every bit as good in providing great flavor as the AGA's.

Is my inconsistant experience with the AGA-T2's typical of them, or of RBA's in general? I don't know, I don't have another type of RBA to compare them. I have no regrets for starting with the AGA's, I learned a lot using them. Will I spend more on a better RBA in the future. I'm undecided. Being currently unemployed it won't be any time in the near future.

Last edited:

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
Hey folks, yeah that means you too Dusty D! Can you please provide the OP with the name/link of those beauty rings that make your non-zap gennys look so sweet on your 'varis?? Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they very difficult (lack of availability) to score let alone expensive?

Re-read what the dude is asking for and tell me why isn't this thread flooded with more than 2 zap folks??

Just sayin' :)

RHP

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
I got mine directly from Sotong. Got in touch with him via one of the UK forums and ended up taking over a mini coop for Canadians on another forum. Retail was $20. Coop pricing was $15. Intaste.de is another vendor that carries rings made specifically for the Provari and Kayfun Lite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Can you please provide the OP with the name/link of those beauty rings that make your non-zap gennys look so sweet on your 'varis?? Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they very difficult (lack of availability) to score let alone expensive?
I spent like $35 for my AGA-T2 at the time, they are a few bucks cheaper now. I spent $20 for my beauty rings. The colored pyrex tank replacements were around $12 a piece. So roughly $65 for my AGA setup, minus a drip tip.

The beauty rings aren't an issue for the OP, he already has Loki beauty rings, just needs an RBA.

No question the hybrid look of a ZAP on a Provari is tough to beat. Still not sure if it's worth $200. But many say the same thing about buying a Provari (and I have two of those), so if you have the money its your choice to make.

Last edited:

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
Ok, I know this is totally subjective, but going to ask anyway. What are some recommendations for a very good tank style RBA that matches well with the Provari (no drip RBAs). I have a Pro Ring from Loki, so I want it to work with that too. Just got a taste of RBA's with my new Diver that I got for my Billet Box. But they don't make a 45mm version and all my tanks are XL. So figured I would give a try at a tank style RBA. But it must be something worthy of the Provari.

Thanks for any replies!

-=J

Egg on my face here, sorry folks. Sorry to you too Drunk_J.

RHP

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Egg on my face here, sorry folks. Sorry to you too Drunk_J.

RHP

Not at all, I appreciate everyone's responses. Can also see both sides of the fence too. It is kind of like how we recommend Provari for the first VV device. Sure you can start out with a cheap model to see if you like it, but at the same time you just spent $40 or $50 that could have went towards the best device. Hehe, it is still that same old dilemma everyone faces when buying. If I like it, you want the best, if I don't glad I only spent a small amount on it. I will probably go with the ZAP since it is a perfect mate for the Provari. But will most likely still use my tank/carto setup for work. Don't really want to fiddle with something at work.

Thanks All!
-=J

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I have both an AGA-t2 and RSST for my ProVaris. Both look good. Like, bad, I was trying the first before I invested the money in a ZAP. I still prefer carto tanks, but maybe someday I will change my mind.

I have ProRings from Loki Labs, gr-modders and the Cingulum Completo from TrevVarpors. All work well with those RBAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread