RBA's for VMods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_more_

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Quote Originally Posted by texasguy4
Ok just bought a XL and a 2.0. How anyone could mentionthese in the same sentence as an REO is beyond me.
Before I throw these things in the trash, which, if any,rda will work on the Vmod without having to modify the shell?

I see you have owned a Reo for awhile.

I was quite surprised at this post. Perhaps a little study would be a good idea instead of buying a mod and then trashing it before you learn a thing about it.

Or maybe someone who has a Vmod can help with the question?

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY
111348.jpg I like the Reomizer2,no modding the shell, just a few o-rings

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Hey Eddie :)
Dude, it's time you joined us over there bro. I think you would make some great contributions :). And musichead too.

Bro, its all good... Its actually muzichead!!! I am and have been extremely happy with my Vmod XL for almost a year and a half now and going strong. I thought about an REO back when I purchased my XL, but it was an easy choice. Saved myself $90 by going with the XL. After all, it was my 1st BF and honestly wasn't sure I would even like one. I still to this day am at odds as to why an REO costs as much as it does! I have been a reseller to the industrial manufacturers for 30+ yrs and have researched the parts it takes to make an REO and I ballparked the grand at around $55!!! Just a little too much of a markup in my opinion. The thought of ever owning one vanished in or around that time. After reading some posts in the past few months here on the forum, I have come to the conclusion that REOnauts are no different from the Provariati! That is another group I have no desire to be a part of either. I too, have been to REOville and wasn't too impressed with the threads or even some of the posters there. I have been turned off both devices by their fanbases alone!!! Just can't seem to understand why said fanbases have to shove their devices into every thread and try to take control of the thread. I am not knocking the REO or the Provari as they are both, quality APV's, but there is a limit as to what I am willing to pay for said quality and both are way overpriced in my opinion...

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I hear you bro :) sorry bout the "z" too bro. I'll get it right next time :)

I tend to agree with nearly everything you say about any product out there. I'm just not really a big "fan" of anything.

Except these life saving devices. That said, I think some of what may be perceived as excessive markup goes to defray costs of the REOsmods forum and the time REO spends helping not only by active participation there but you can also call him in any given day and he will drop whatever he's doing to talk with ya.

He also recently got a CNC machine and has taken the finishing (powdercoating) in house. So it's entirely in house now and he has to assemble, test and physically ship each unit.

It's not just the sum of its parts that make REO cost and ownership what it is, it's also these intangibles that add to the value for the dollar proposition.

Keep on Rockin on my brother muzichead :)

texasguy4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Wylie, TX
I see you have owned a Reo for awhile.

I was quite surprised at this post. Perhaps a little study would be a good idea instead of buying a mod and then trashing it before you learn a thing about it.

I did my research and found a very large percentage of Vmod users quickly switched to a Reo.
I found a couple of fair deals on the classifieds, so I decided to give the Vmod a try for myself and draw my own conclusion. It didn’t take long to find out why so many switched to the Reo.

Enough said, I going back to Reoville where the people are friendly and helpful!

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I did my research and found a very large percentage of Vmod users quickly switched to a Reo.
I found a couple of fair deals on the classifieds, so I decided to give the Vmod a try for myself and draw my own conclusion. It didn’t take long to find out why so many switched to the Reo.

Enough said, I going back to Reoville where the people are friendly and helpful!

Welp, texasguy, it's your party and you certainly have the right to leave.

I do think people have been pretty friendly and helpful here...

I use the a7 with my vmod 2.0. Cotton wick micro coil does me real nice. No modification needed, just an unsealed 510-510 adapter.

y6uga7yr.jpg

View attachment 248917 RM2 working well

also first post with a picture!

I'm working on getting the A7 to work for me on my Bogger. There's some good hints and tips from Kemosabe in this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ng-all-vmodders-those-interested-vmod-68.html that talks about setting up the A7 (it rambles in and out of other discussions for a couple of pages). I'm doing pretty good, using the tips...better than my first foray. Still have some fine tuning to do, but it's not bad! I might even decide it's pretty good...still breaking my new coil in right now.

Throw them out already, no rba works on them.
20130731_000256-1.jpg
20130904_165212.jpg

20130904_174934.jpg

20130611_093615.jpg

20130731_000256-1.jpg

View attachment 249297 I like the Reomizer2,no modding the shell, just a few o-rings

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois

I would be curious as to exactly where you got your "large percentage" from!! I have been an active daily reader and poster on the forum since Feb 7th, 2011 and I think your comment is more than just a little askew... Have previous Vmod users switched to an REO? Yes!! In fact there are several that own both!! If you are going by what they tell you over at REOville, I think you are a little blinded by the fanboism!!! Lets see some numbers... Don't just bark and run off to REOville...

texasguy4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Wylie, TX
I would be curious as to exactly where you got your "large percentage" from!! I have been an active daily reader and poster on the forum since Feb 7th, 2011 and I think your comment is more than just a little askew... Have previous Vmod users switched to an REO? Yes!! In fact there are several that own both!! If you are going by what they tell you over at REOville, I think you are a little blinded by the fanboism!!! Lets see some numbers... Don't just bark and run off to REOville...

for starters...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...47888-vmod-vs-reo-please-read-first-post.html
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/liquid-feed-apv-discussion/395422-vapage-vs-reo.html

newplague

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2010
Oregon
Thanks for the replies everybody. I've noticed the same thing here as when I asked the Pro-thingy crowd about the mystique there. As long as you're asking because you actually want to know and not bashing on anybody you get informative, helpful responses. Think I'm gonna have to hang out in the Reo forums for a bit and hopefully run into somebody that has one at a vape meet.

Hey degnr8, let me know when you want to see and hold a Reo. I live right down the road in Vancouver.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I responded once to someone who said no one had ever sold a reo for a vmod, or similar wording. I posted I had Vmods and had sold my Reo's. After that the line changed to only hearing of 2 and "large percentage"

I noticed the threads you posted were mostly opinions of reo owners....and perhaps passing on what they read from other reo owners?

Kind of funny to me, as EJoker posted he would be selling his reo mini after he got his vmod1. He's not longer here, but was a well thought of moderator for years. There were several people that did so, but the last thing we need is an unoffical accounting and I have no interest in naming names. When the XL came out loads of feeder fans bought one......but we didn't discuss which brands they owned or were going to sell. If you want to spend many hours researching you will find that I speak truly.

I prefer to say this -- most people who find feeders work for them buy more feeders.

I'd think it would make Reonauts happy that the Bogger and Vmod buyers often pick up more models. And, now with the Aurora out, there could be more interest in this method of feeding some of us continue to enjoy.

I know I sure have use for more than one mod or model of mod in my arsenal......feeders and non-feeders.

Last edited:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois

So from your 2 links I think I counted 8 people that have had both... 3 of them still use the both, and 1 switched to an REO after 1 week of using the Vmod and then sold the REO after only 4 days!!!! Again I will ask, where is this "large percentage"???? I still think the fanboism has clouded your judgement... For the number of Vmods that have been sold over the past 1 1/2 yrs, yours numbers don't even begin to compute...

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I responded once to someone who said no one had ever sold a reo for a vmod, or similar wording. I posted I had Vmods and had sold my Reo's. After that the line changed to only hearing of 2 and "large percentage"

I noticed the threads you posted were mostly opinions of reo owners....and perhaps passing on what they read from other reo owners?

Kind of funny to me, as EJoker posted he would be selling his reo mini after he got his vmod1. He's not longer here, but was a well thought of moderator for years. There were several people that did so, but the last thing we need is an unoffical accounting and I have no interest in naming names. When the XL came out loads of feeder fans bought one......but we didn't discuss which brands they owned or were going to sell. If you want to spend many hours researching you will find that I speak truly.

I prefer to say this -- most people who find feeders work for them buy more feeders.

I'd think it would make Reonauts happy that the Bogger and Vmod buyers often pick up more models. And, now with the Aurora out, there could be more interest in this method of feeding some of us continue to enjoy.

I know I sure have use for more than one mod or model of mod in my arsenal......feeders and non-feeders.

Well said! And I agree wholeheartedly!

_more_

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Thanks for the reminder. It is true some/many people are happy with having different types of mods. Maybe because they are collectors?

As for me, I only wanted one type of mod and searched for almost a year to find the best for me. Thankfully that is over because i hated searching and being disappointed time after time.

Being a REOnaut that only likes/uses REOs mods is not bad or to be made fun of. Same respect should be given to the Vmodians. And the Mod Collectors.

WE do have something in common and that is being Happy Vapers.

I am happy vaping with my REOs and hope you're happy vaping your mod/mods of choice because that is what its all about.

Last edited:

Sheila Michele 1971

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I own both a VMod and Reo.

I got my VMod first since I didnt want to put down that kind of cash for a bottom feeder in case I didnt like it. I will say that I am disappointed that vapage doesnt make an RDA for the VMod as that would be my preferred way to use it. And Im disappointed that my Boge cartos havent fired. (Ive tried several).

I think Ive had my Reo about two weeks (?) and I Looove it. It hasnt been out of my sight since I received it in the mail.

Ive been thinking about putting my VMod up on the classies since I havent used it since owning the Reo.

So yea, Ive owned both. Ive used both. I prefer the Reo. (Plus my Reo is orange) :)

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Quote Originally Posted by texasguy4
Ok just bought a XL and a 2.0. How anyone could mentionthese in the same sentence as an REO is beyond me.
Before I throw these things in the trash, which, if any,rda will work on the Vmod without having to modify the shell?

Or maybe someone who has a Vmod can help with the question?

You don't have to modify the shell of the XL. I did it with a IGO-L and someone else used a Squid. Both needed modification to allow juice in. More info in this thread.

I answered as best I could a few posts down from texasguy4's original post. I didn't have much experience with my XL at the time but I did what I could.

_more_

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
I am using the RM2 on my small vmod. Been using it all day. Course the batteries are 14500 and only last a few hours, but i wanted to see how good it will work with the small vmod.

I like it better now after i did the bottle conversion with the tube so i can squonk almost like the REO. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/entry.php?b=3964&bt=9053

Anyways just wanted to say RM2 with the 510 to 510 adapter from reos mods works good on the small vmod. If you get the milled reomizer 2 then you will need o-rings to fill the gap.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
The maker is also very active in the forum. You cannot compare a couple of threads

SuperX, you do realize that vapage is also a wholesaler, an ENTIRELY different category of vendor than a small maker like REOs. Or even Provari.

Just wanted to point out that you cannot compare these two categories at all. The entire marketing and support plan is not similar, and can't be.

Even if Vapage / Vmod had a support area on the ECF forum, no matter how "busy" it was, it would represent only an infintesmal number of actual users, as would be typical of a wholesale outfit, i.e. single individuals using the mod as retail buyers is a very small sampling of the actual customer base......and retail buyers specifically "on the ECF forum" would be an even smaller number comparatively.

Before I understood that, I thought as you do.......but it's just such an entirely different business model that you really cannot compare the 2 at all. The number of units sold by Vapage is huge, worldwide, since they wholesale to other sites and vendors.

Just wanted to point that out. :) I didn't know that myself at the beginning of my vmod experience.

Onle might as well be wondering why Joyetech doesn't have a forum area on on ECF, fully staffed by supplier associates........it's all in the business model. There are even ejuice manufacturers that don't have a forum area because of similar considerations.

A small business model like REO is just an entirely different situation, one where the mod maker can "look in" on the "family" which is part of the customer base on an internet forum......and I'm sure Robert doesn't want to have warehouses and worldwide wholesale operations (just yet) as he would have to entirely change his business model and have many many more layers to do what Vapage is presently doing.

Which is fine. I'm sure both companies are happy doing what they do and how they do it. And that is good for us. Competition and acess to different kinds of mods at different price points benefits us all, and gives us choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread