Recipes and formulas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Joe

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Floss Angeles
I'm a vaping noooooob. I've only been vaping for 9 days and am already getting tired of the premixed juices available online and would like to start experimenting with custom recipes and mixes. I was reading some blogs about the LorAnn flavors and it all sounds delicious. I really want to start making my own batches.

I would like to know how you guys "cook" up your formulas and juices. How many parts of PG / VG to unflavored Nicotine to flavor.

Do you use PG, or VG or Glycol? (sorry, still not familiar with the terms)

How much of the LorAnn oil do you order? 1 dram? 1 ounce? How much do you add to your mix of PG and nicotine juice?

How do you cut your juices and how do you store them?

Please list recipies you have created so that we can enjoy them as well.

Does creating your own juice save $?

I appologize if there is already a thread started on this subject. If so, can you point me to the right direction?

Thank you in advance and look forward to becoming a flavor chemist. :D

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
I buy 36,g and cut most of it in half. I do cut some to 24mg for those tough times. I bought the LorAnn's in the dram sizes first then bought the 1 oz bottles of the ones we liked best. I have since found Bickfords and they have much better prices for the 1 oz bottles. I cut with VG and I use 3-5 ml bottles to mix my different flavors. I start out using a small pipette to mix the flavorings in, using just a couple of drops at a time then tasting and adjusting as needed. I start out using .5ml of no flavor juice and .5ml of VG that way if I get something that is really nasty I dont' feel so bad about dumping it and trust me, I have made some nasty tasting juice,lol

Most of mixing is jut trial and error until you find the taste you like. Everyone is different so it's kind of hard tell you exactly how much flavoring is needed. Just grab some juice, flavorings and a dropper and start playing mad scientist. Also there is a DIY juice thread recipe thread DIY e-liquid - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat

Can any one point me the direction on making some redbull flavored juice? I have been searching around the forum but can't seem to find anything. I'm sure someone hear has figured out the formula. I started vaping 4 months ago and have not had a annalog since. I want to thank everyone for the information that they have put on this forum.

Carlos

grumpster

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Texas USA
Just to keep things simple how many drops of Lorann's added to 30ml unflavored nic juice to yield a typical store-bought bottle of e-juice?
It varies with the flavor of Lorann's. Some are stronger than others so some take less drops while others take fewer drops. You'll just have to experiment. I seem to recall a thread where some one listed different Loranne flavors by strength, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

BTW, I haven't tried the Bickford my self, but from what I read, it's not as strong as the Loranne's. I've even heard of people vaping the Bickfords straight just for the flavor. I don't think you would want to do that with any of the Loranne flavors.

CZEdwards

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Republic of Boulder
I may be one of the oddities out here in DIY world -- I am using Nature's Flavors flavorings (because I have ones I like on hand). So far, I can recommend their products.

I made a 3 ML sample of pineapple, using Nature's Flavors Organic flavor concentrate (contains water, gum acacia -- which is safe to inhale; it's been used for thousands of years in Chinese medicine -- and natural flavors) and using the hacomatic formula to give me 14mg/ml nic juice, cutting down from 36 mg/ml; 12% VG to 26% PG.

If you like Cruzan pineapple flavored rum, you'll love Nature's Flavors pineapple concentrate. It really presents as pineapple at the front of the mouth on inhale, and on exhale, it has a grilled pineapple flavor, slightly sweeter, slightly carmelized. It smells good, too -- in my closed office, it's noticeably pineapple in here.

However, the evening's winner is Nature's Flavors' grapefruit. Using the same formula as above, but with grapefruit organic flavor concentrate, it's for me, like vaping my childhood -- several of the houses in which we lived in FL and AZ had pink grapefruit trees, and the liquid I made is like sitting up in those trees with a book and peeling a sweet, warm, tart slightly over-ripe grapefruit and picking away all of the pith to get at those perfect sacks of juice. The inhale is tart, the throat hit is smooth, and the exhale is tingly.

I think I've found my flavor vendor... (Recipes will be posted as soon as I have that privilege...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread