Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I think the Reload is quite power hungry.
Below 65w it's not that good of a vape, because of the big chimney.

It also helps a lot to place the coils very close over the airflow.

And perhaps you should thin out the wicks a bit more?

Good advice on all counts there, close over the airflow and I don't put the cotton to the bottom, just fill that juice well and leave the bottom open, I get stunning flavor..

I bought another one ha

fifamymaingame

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2017
Colorado
Im also lost what coils would be best i like to vape between 65 85 watts
Tried tons of premades not sure what materials they were or what gauges
I havetried directly over the air flow and someone here said to push the in lined up with the square part of the deck

I like alien and Clapton and fused but haven't found the perfect had some demon killer framed staples and they needed like 120 for flavor

Sergi0

Dec 24, 2017
Portugal
Either my expectations are to high or I suck with coil placement and wicking sucks or juice sucks tried do many coils and never feel statified

Have no other tanks to use same builds and see if it's me :(

I don't know how you build on it, but I can tell you how it works best for me:

Try placing the coils as low as possible. I place mine very very low, right on top of the air holes. That way the air will be forced to go through the coils, providing flavour and also some restrictiveness, which I personally like.

Also wattage is important. When I first got it, I was not impressed also. Turns out I was using low wattage (oddly it was the usual on another tank) and when I turned it up, the flavour just popped!

Let me know how it turned out.

Cheers

New to forums and yet to have build a coil myself but just received my shiny gold authentic Reload from the very helpful Vapourholics in Darwin. He kindly installed Orbis fused Clapton coils.
At first I was impressed with the flavour but an hour later it was muted. Hating the large bore drip tip so hoping there is some 510 adaptor cap that will fit. So I re wicked with Cotton Bacon but still just not getting the big flavour deal. Gaah, I am sure there are loads of vape people in the Blue Mountains but have yet to meet them. Sometimes just plain old being shown face to face would be great! Trying not to be put off DIY but am finding myself picking up my faithful Tobeco Royal Edition and being lazy.
Forgot to mention I have some obsession with Dotmod mods, its all I have in every colour.
I tend to vape at 41w sometimes less.

Last edited:

fifamymaingame

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2017
Colorado
What do you think about this coil placement guys to low to high? 3.0 id Claptons forget the gauge but these are the best 2 coils I've had with it
1514371164028233088167.jpg

Attachments

• 1514371253914864056004.jpg
    1514371253914864056004.jpg
    563.4 KB · Views: 28

Sergi0

Dec 24, 2017
Portugal
What do you think about this coil placement guys to low to high? 3.0 id Claptons forget the gauge but these are the best 2 coils I've had with it View attachment 708545

Looks good but I push each coil towards the airflow slots, following the curve of the deck. That way the air hits the coils from below and side of the each coil. It's a slight tweak but, for my experience makes a difference.

I'll post some pics when I rebuild mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread