The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Reload Rta

Discussion in 'RTA' started by Heartsdelight, Apr 30, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mimöschen

mimöschen Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 15, 2016
    Fasttech sells grub screws dead cheap.
    M3*3mm for about 2,50$.

2. Rubyperil

Rubyperil Full Member

Dec 27, 2017
    Australia
    Sorry for the noob butt in. I am about ready to hurl the Reload out the window. I have tried re wicking 6 times today, tested coils and can not figure out why its leaking liquid and giving lots of spit back. Any help would be appreciated. Its probably my error not the tank but not sure how to fix it.

3. mimöschen

Jul 15, 2016
    Clone or authentic?
    What coils did you install?
    On some of the cheaper clones you need to add a second oring on the bottom.
    Otherwise 2 3mm ID coils fed with a quarter muji pad each should work fine.
    No need to thin out the wicks. Make sure the juiceports a totally filled with cotton.
    Spitback might be caused by the coil itself (twisted wire for example) or by oversaturated wicks and/or flooding of the deck (not enough cotton).
    Cranking up the wattage might help against spitback too.

4. fifamymaingame

fifamymaingame Super Member

Jun 8, 2017
    Colorado
    Thought the reload used 2.5×3 grub screws i want flat head grubs but not paying 30 bucks for shipping

5. fifamymaingame

Jun 8, 2017
    Colorado
    Watch as much reload rta videos you can find and copy every method I noticed mine leaks when I thined them out or cut them to short which will result in spit back could also be to thin in the coil

• Like Like x 1
  6. mimöschen

Jul 15, 2016
    FT has all sorts of grubs. ;)

7. fifamymaingame

Jun 8, 2017
    Colorado
    Don't know how to find them on ft

8. mimöschen

Jul 15, 2016
  9. Rubyperil

Rubyperil Full Member

Dec 27, 2017
    Australia
    Thanks for the help! I used fused clapton coils.
    • N80 wire
    • Specs: 26g/36g: **
      • 6 Wraps on 2.5mm
      • Dual coil 0.15Ω - 0.19Ω
    Its an authentic Reload.
    Would it be worth changing the bottom O ring anyway. I am thinking they are set quite low so maybe I should try higher build. Being a newb these are all currently pre made coils but good quality coils. Will take your advice and watch some youtube. The wicking may be too short. I think I have lost about 60ml of juice so far in two days.

10. mimöschen

Jul 15, 2016
    I'd go with an ID of 3mm. Those juiceports are quite big, so the cotton you feed through a 2.5mm ID coil might be not enough.
    But if those are the only coils you have at hand, you can try to stuff a bit extra cotton into the juiceports after wicking them with the coilfed cotton to plug them up

11. fifamymaingame

Jun 8, 2017
    Colorado
    My experince if I thin to much it will leak

Just did some kanthal tiger coils basically low as possible with out touching the base pushed them way over the air flow and flavors Been better not as good as this one time but could just me

I want to taste like I dropped my juice on my tounge

My advice is start using a ruler and use the mm side where centimeters is if your using 3id use 6mm of cotton line up the cotton and cut straight you really don't need to thin them out looking like frixy hair

Take your scissors and line them flat with juice port slot and cut them there

That's how I do it

12. fifamymaingame

Jun 8, 2017
    Colorado
    About to give up on the reload isn't the flavor god everyone says it is

13. mimöschen

Jul 15, 2016
    I never had those issues you have.
    Perhaps it's your cotton, or dirty coils, dirty atty,...

14. fifamymaingame

Jun 8, 2017
    Colorado
    Cotton bacon steam cleaned fresh coils washed out tank every build complete disambled

15. khundian

khundian Full Member

Jan 2, 2018
    Ghent, Belgium
    I love this RTA, so much flavor. I also love you can re-wick or rebuild without having to empty the tank :wub:

For the people who experience leaks through the airflow when filling your tank.. Try closing your airflow, fill your tank, turn the tank upside down, open airflow and turn tank upside up again. After doing this, I never had any leaks anymore when filling.

Nice review and build video, sorry if it has been posted before.. I haven't read all 30+ pages in the thread. :p

16. fifamymaingame

Jun 8, 2017
    Colorado
    So I placed coils high and more inside the square and flavors better goofed the wick leaks but I'm almost out of bacon going to try rayon so more I wick faster that happens

17. Sergi0

Sergi0 Full Member

Dec 24, 2017
    Portugal
  18. Sergi0

Sergi0 Full Member

Dec 24, 2017
    Portugal
    This is one my favourite builds for the Reload. parallel 26g ni80 3mm id. Turned out at 0.20.

19. fifamymaingame

Jun 8, 2017
    Colorado
    Those look to low anytime i go that low i get no flavor

20. franck

franck Super Member ECF Veteran

May 8, 2015
    France
    Hey all,look into the kensai rta,comes with a bubble glass and WAY better than the reload,clone or authentic,easy as hell to wick and coil,I love mine,just bought a mat black ;)

• Agree Agree x 1