Reload Rta

Status
Not open for further replies.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Of course. And you should be thankful, that I willingly share my wisdom with you lowly subjects.:p

Might be the wicking and/or a defective oring under the afc-ring.
I think you're right about the wicking,all 3 of mine leak at some point so I can't blame o rings every time ( even though I do ) lol,it make me feel like less of a looser :cry:

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Okay people 6 months is a long time in vaping evolution. Is the Reload still king or have The Drop and the Dead Rabbit taken the crown?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A little confused with your question Anthony as the reload is an rta and the drop and dead rabbit are rdas,two different animals here:shock:

Reactions: mimöschen

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
I think you're right about the wicking,all 3 of mine leak at some point so I can't blame o rings every time ( even though I do ) lol,it make me feel like less of a looser :cry:
I feed each 3mm ID coil with a quarter of a muji pad and I don't thin out the tails.
Works on the original as well as on my clones.

• Informative
Reactions: franck

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
I feed each 3mm ID coil with a quarter of a muji pad and I don't thin out the tails.
Works on the original as well as on my clones.
Good to know thanks my friends but not using the reload now,since I picked up the kensai it's a no brainer for me,I find it much more user friendly than the reload,to be honest I preferred the deck on the clone,the airflow slots are a little bigger and shaped differently,the authentic airflow slots are cut weird therefor I have a hard time finding my sweet spot for coil placement,it always seems too restrictive for me as the clone was perfect but build quality was horrid,looking forward to the blitzen soon..

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
FastTech has 11 different priced clones available in various colors each (silver, rainbow, black and gold), price ranging from about 8-14$. The actual manufacturers aren't stated, except for the Kindbright, so I can't tell for sure, how many *different* manufacturers/clones there are.
I have a baked blue (14$) and a silver (11$). A black (8$) is underway. All come with bubble glasses and spares.
Although the blue one is already very good, the silver one is really astonishing for a clone imo. Good orings, buttery smooth threads and a really nice topcap. The screws could be a bit better though, and I think the airflow is a tiny bit louder, without being irritating however.

But I admit, that I might just have been lucky, as I don't know if those clone companies take quality control as serious as Reloadvapor does.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
FastTech has 11 different priced clones available in various colors each (silver, rainbow, black and gold), price ranging from about 8-14$. The actual manufacturers aren't stated, except for the Kindbright, so I can't tell for sure, how many *different* manufacturers/clones there are.
I have a baked blue (14$) and a silver (11$). A black (8$) is underway. All come with bubble glasses and spares.
Although the blue one is already very good, the silver one is really astonishing for a clone imo. Good orings, buttery smooth threads and a really nice topcap. The screws could be a bit better though, and I think the airflow is a tiny bit louder, without being irritating however.

But I admit, that I might just have been lucky, as I don't know if those clone companies take quality control as serious as Reloadvapor does.
Ya checked out the cite and it's crazy how many different options they have,my main issues with mine (clones) was how loose the glass tanks were and I got 2 of them and both were the same,not the case with authentics but I don't like the deck as much as the clone,you can swap it out but I felt kinda lame putting a $1.50 build deck inside a $70.00 tank:( anyways thanks for the info bud,just curious though are you're bubble tanks fitting on nice and snug or loosi goose like ?

SteamHead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
Tampa, FL, USA
I don't care for the Kensei.
The newer Reload clones are quite impressive. Much better quality than the Kindbright.

Yup, that's what I just bought, $26 delivered off ebay with the bubble tank. Man I love this atty! Simple as can be to wick; hasn't leaked a DROP since I got it.

I'm running a pretty unique build in it that I'm thrilled with. I bought some quad core SS clapton (30ga) with a 40ga wrap from AVS. This is the wire I've always dreamed of making! Super low mass for a quick ramp, but still tons of surface area. With the way the Reload airholes are set up, I figured I'd try something a little different. So I did two 4.75mm! (3/16") coils, with only 4 wraps (spaced), placed as close to the airhole/deck as possible. With as narrow as the airflow slots are, I didn't see the need for long coils with lots of wraps, instead opting for a large diameter to gets my surface area, and also take up more room inside the chimney, condensing the vapor. No shorting, and ohms out at .14 (pretty dang high for a quad core 4-wrap SS coil).

The results have been pretty extraordinary! Thick, rich, wet vapor with amazing flavor. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow.

Anyone ever build something similar to this? I'm getting way more flavor than the 3.5mm 25ga dual cores with 36ga spaced wrap that I had in there before.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I bought some quad core SS clapton (30ga) with a 40ga wrap from AVS. This is the wire I've always dreamed of making
nice I just ordered the same wire but the 28x4/36 / 3mm / 6 wrap, which will most likely be used in single coil/battery mech squonkers. I ordered a pretty good variety of their fancy SS coils for both dual coil and single coil use:

oSt*

Feb 27, 2016
So I finally pulled the trigger on an authentic Reload RTA and I couldn't be more impressed with the flavor. I'm by no means an expert builder and only own one other RBA (EXO RTA). I'm proud that I didn't get a single leak or dry hit on my very first build on this beast! I had honestly expected it to be harder given all the posts. I do get a lot of condensation though but have been able to remedy this by taking a longer draw after releasing the fire button.

Anyways, I wanted to ask about the difference between the authentic and the clone? I know there's like 12 different clones out there, but is there any clear way we can differentiate between an authentic and a clone? The reason I'm asking is that the knurling on my top cap is pretty sharp and it was packaged in the black Reload RDA box and not the green one. I haven't had any leaking (o-ring) issues or funky smell. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't get ripped off after dropping $70!! It's possible I'm just being paranoid that it may have been repackaged in an "Authentic Reload RDA" box.

Reactions: r055co
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread