Remembering 73 (aka 73ckn797, Frank Prescott)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpicyMcHaggis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Hamilton Ohio
I never had any interaction from Frank, as I'm an infrequent user of ECF these days. But from what I've been reading...Wow! To say I'm inspired by his faith, grace and dignity in the way he lived and especially his last days is an understatement. I just prayed for he and his loved ones. What an example he set. I'm inspired and thankful even though I never interacted with him; that's great testimony.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
My sister in law just lost her Grandma recently, and on her FaceBook page she posted this song in memory of the life shared with her family and awaiting the time when they will meet again on the other side. The short time that Frank was with us was full of life, humour and devotion that is rarely seen now-days. He was truly an inspiration to many here and I bet many more in his real life.

"... I can never go back when we did the things we did back then
I'll store those precious memories in my mind
I'll take what you've instilled in me; I'll try to be all I can be
And walk the path that you have left behind."

I'd like to dedicate this song to Frank, because I'm sure missing him right now.

Frank, I sure miss you; life will never be the same with you not here
Each passing day has brought much pain
But with God's grace my strength remains
I sure miss you, but heaven's sweeter with you there.

Last edited:

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
From our chat this evening:

6:29pm
DD
Emailed you from my dusty**** account earlier today. Did you get the document?

6:31pm
JP
Yes I did! Thank you. I will be in touch soon with something from the family.
I can't get over the amount of comments!

6:34pm
DD
Phew! I wasn't sure if it got caught in a spam filter or something. These comments were just from that thread. There is a main thread where we all used to hang out, and that had a lot more but would be painful to sift through to find them.. this one was dedicated for a specific purpose, and as I said, he was much loved.

6:42pm
JP
Well it's really cool! He would be completely humbled if he knew the outpouring of love shown over the past week both in person and now online. He was already humbled by the outpouring prior to his death. I have never seen him show emotion to the degree he's shown it until the past four months.
He had over 400 people attend his funeral, we were shocked. But goes to show you how wonderful of a man he was - I am proud to say I am his daughter!
*Stepping off my soap box.

6:44pm
DD
Awesome!! As a father of a 5 year old girl myself, I hope I can have her say those words someday.. you do your Daddy proud little girl (because you'll always be Daddy's little girl!).

6:49pm
JP
Well since the forum seemed to enjoy Dad's humor at the end of his funeral the gentleman speaking said Dad wanted him to say, "The nut has left his shell." And that's what it ended with! Everyone laughed, I know he would have loved to know he made everyone laugh.

6:49pm
DD
Yeah, I saw that.. and it did bring a smile to my face.

6:53pm
JP
Well thanks for letting me talk and engaging me. Today was my first day back to work and I was feeling off all day. But now that I have been able to talk about him I am feeling better. So thanks!

8:09pm
DD
You are most welcome. Feel free to stop by the forum anytime. I'm sure you'll be welcomed with open arms in our little corner of it. Lot's of folks from all over the world.. Anytime you feel down, jump right in..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread