The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Remembering Z-Ghost (aka, Catpire)

Discussion in 'The HHV Army' started by Bronze, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
  2. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Z, this post is reserved for you. The Army will make sure it is always yours. Take it whenever you want it, Friend.

Humbly Yours,

The Heavenly Army

3. Robino1

Robino1 Resting in Peace ECF Veteran

Even though we had never met, he was a good man with a heart of gold. He loved his little niece/nephew and they made him feel young at heart. The first time we saw an actual photo of him, he was holding a little child. I remember that picture well.

I am so sorry for your loss and words cannot express the sorrow of losing a loved one. Please know he was loved by many here also and he will be missed greatly.

4. MostlySunny

MostlySunny Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2012
    Arizona
    I remember that picture too Robin! So happy and at ease with that little baby! Joy and life radiated from his smile.

Always a kind word, a dash of humor, and a friendly tone. The little area of my life he touched was better for having had him in it.

My thoughts and prayers to everyone who is missing him and feeling the loss.

5. Pappy

Pappy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 15, 2012
    Dallas, Tx
    I feel like our forum has a hole in it now. He was such a presence here, and now he's gone. Way too soon.

Rest well, my friend. You will be missed.

6. gthompson

gthompson Free at last Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2011
    Tennessee, USA
    Lo, There do I see my Father, and
    Lo, there do I see my Mother, and
    Lo, There do I see my Brothers and my Sisters and
    Lo, There do I see my people back to the begining, and
    Lo they do call to me, and
    bid me take my place among them in the halls of Valhalla,
    Where the brave will live forever.

- Ancient Norse prayer for a modern day Viking.

7. bivie

bivie Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Damon, TX near Houston
    For the first time in a long time, I'm at a loss for words.

But I did want to leave a post in honor of Z and to express my condolences to
    his friends and family - in and outside of the forum.

8. Dusty_D

Dusty_D Original Guru Senior Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    From Adam and Heather at HHV: Heather and I would like to pass on our thoughts and prayers to Z_Ghost (Philip) and his family. Philip was a long time customer of ours and was a big contributor here on ECF. You will be missed brother... Rest in peace...

9. *RJ*

*RJ* Guest

Oh my, what a horrible day to come here and read this about Z. I am so sorry for his loved ones. I want his friends and family to know that his mark in this world was felt by me. His calmness and compassion, his sweet heart, his kind words to others, always gave me the warm and fuzzies. He was truly a nice guy and I enjoyed reading his posts and hearing about his life. I looked up to him and thought he was just a neat person. You will be missed Z.

10. Buggs5347

Buggs5347 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2012
    Arizona
    My sympathies to Z's family and friends. Z was one of the neatest guys to know here at ECF. He had a warm heart, a good sense of humor and was a friend to all of us. Such a kind man. We've all missed him being here.

11. XfooYen

XfooYen Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 11, 2012
    SoCal
    I would tip my bottle of Shadowfax in your memory, but I know you wouldn't want me to spill any, so I won't. A very kind, kind man you were. You are missed here, Z-Ghost.

12. Iowa Gal

Iowa Gal Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2010
    Central Iowa
    Z will be dearly missed here on the forum. He was a very kind and funny guy. Sending prayers to his family and friends, find comfort in the memories.

13. patsfan1130

patsfan1130 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 25, 2012
    Boston
    While I did not know him it saddens me deeply to ever hear about losing such a good soul. Clearly he touched many of you here on an online forum. I can only imagine what type of man he was in the real world. My condolences go out to the entire Army family and my deepest sympathies and prayers go out to Z's family! God Bless

14. chohan

chohan Earthbound Misfit Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2012
    NC Foothills
    Very sorry to hear this news. My thoughts go out to his family.

Z, you were the type of person I could've enjoyed hanging with.
    Just remember, being human itself is an addiction.

Travel well mate.

15. bappo

bappo Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 14, 2012
    Idaho
    So sorry to hear this. My best wishes to Phillip's family.

I will see his heart and soul in Yellowstone this summer; a place that was so very dear to him.

Miss you Catpire!

16. Black Strat

Black Strat Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 8, 2012
    Idaho
    This is sad. My condolences to Phillips family. The Army has lost one of it's own.

RIP Z_Ghost.

17. MrPicC

MrPicC Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 19, 2012
    Lone Star State
    So sad! I just looked at his profile and someone Thru up "resting in peace". This actually brought a couple tears to my eyes.. I haven't ever met you all here in the HHV thread or anyone on this forum to be honest but Hearing someone died that I've had conversations with is horrible. Seeing his photo on facebook Looking happy is how I will remember him. Y'all are a sort of family here and I look forward to speaking with everyone daily. I'll miss seeing that avatar tremendously and I'll miss Z. Rest in peace!~

18. EddardinWinter

EddardinWinter The Philosopher Who Rides Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2012
    Richmond, Va
    Z was a good guy. I met him before I was a member of the Army on a thread where I think I was on one of my anti-FDA rants. Anyway it is crazy to think I will never wake up and see his wild bat avatar on a like, or next to one of his clever and insightful comments. We kept different schedules so we frequently missed each other 'live', but he was a friend and will be missed. Shocking to think he is gone.

Bye, Z.

19. scarf-ace

scarf-ace Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Z-Ghost and I were frequently online at similar times... we would chat about our days, kvetch about aches and pains, compare flavors of our favorite liquids, and just generally laugh with each other. I would look forward to his presence online after a long day at work. He also gave me a lot of helpful advice and sympathy.

There wasn't a mean bone in his body, he was just a kind, gentle man who loved his Shadowfax and Pluid and loved chatting to his fellow Army members.

I am inconsolable at the loss of a good soul. I will miss you, Z.

20. Hulamoon

Hulamoon ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 6, 2012
    Waikiki Hawaii
    My deepest condolences and prayers to Philip's family and friends. Z-Ghost was especially dear to me, I loved his sense of humor and he tolerated mine..:) He was a gentle, caring and fun loving chap who made us all laugh and we had great chats even though he was in pain more often than not. I will fondly remember him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.