Resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judge Mental

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
FL
I think we all agree its a bad situation and no one thinks its your fault. I guess I am more or less commenting on the situation in general as someone who has and is considering purchasing a GG and recognizing what a bad situation it is when the manufacturer has kind of a cult of personality bigger than the person who is taking your money in the first place. On one hand I commiserate and want to see you get what you deserve out of a sense of justice, but on the other hand I was trying to point out the issue with the situation that caused a lot of the trouble in the interest of those of us who may want to become GG users in the future. Also I do think you should consider that things like the batteries and charger have never even been in Imeo's hands and are still in your possession.

I'll take that into consideration.

the manufacturer has kind of a cult of personality bigger than the person who is taking your money in the first place

I'm a little confused by this statement. I'm sure Tim made some profit from being the re-seller, but Imeo is the one benefiting from the sales as the inventor/manufacturer, IMO. :confused:

Good luck in your decison making process. (Totally said in earnest - not sarcasm.) :)

hyukang

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2009
actually because apple owns there software.....and you have to buy all updates and software.....yes they are responsible. And because you buy directly from apple on there sight they are responsible for making sure you get back what they lost. which to include all software, downloads, and updates
Itunes doesn't work that way. The purchase history is stored in your account information. If you get a new iPod/iPhone all you have to do it sync up the account to that device. They don't send you a giftcard.

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
somewhere out there......
Itunes doesn't work that way. The purchase history is stored in your account information. If you get a new iPod/iPhone all you have to do it sync up the account to that device. They don't send you a giftcard.
thats why they make you an account to back up what you may lose. or gain depending on the situation...so money isnt lost.

JennFL5366

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Pinellas Park
who said giftcard?

sorry this went off topic, this seems to keep going on in here. main issue give her a new one..if the other one shows up she will send one back or refund her. it is the right business decision to make. period. everyone wants to argue..she wanted to get her story out there and he has lost business as a result..imo his fault. not hers. she even said it was a great device.

Last edited:

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
who said giftcard?

sorry this went off topic, this seems to keep going on in here. main issue give her a new one..if the other one shows up she will send one back or refund her. it is the right business decision to make. period. everyone wants to argue..she wanted to get her story out there and he has lost business as a result..imo his fault. not hers. she even said it was a great device.
er, the thing is, they aren't being made any more.

BiteMe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
Stanwood, WA
Jeez Suzi.......
I can't tell you how sorry I am that it has come down to this. I hadn't checked this thread in days, as I thought everything would be resolved by now.
The answer seems pretty obvious to me...

Imeo.....just make her a new Grant and be done with it!!! For that matter, I'd be very surprised if you don't have one sitting around someplace! I realize that all of your efforts are going into your new line, and your other endeavors around the globe, but for Pete's sake!!! She had been one of your staunchest supporters for quite a while, and to treat her like this absurd!!! All the other prospective clients that are reading this, will undoubtedly, go elsewhere to get a PV that doesn't come with all the Trauma and Drama attached! Dude!!! get with the program, and make this right!!! The worst that will happen, is that you will be seen as a "Stand up Guy" that takes care of his customers! It's not always about the bottom line Imeo. Sometimes it's about people, and doing what's right!!!:rolleyes:

Chris

OK...that's my 2 cents......slam away vultures!!!!

vinylmason

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2009
Dayton ,Ohio
JESUS H CHRIST!!!! I cant believe this is still going on.all these new people seem to be crawling out of the woodwork just to stir the pot it seems,for example mss5366 where did you come from never seen you post here before,not trying to single you out just saying,why are you all jumping in this ???bunch of busybodies if you ask me,nothing better to do maybe.it just seems pointless to go on with this thread I have read the same BS over and over and over holy shiiit let it rest people please!!!!!It should be taken care of by Imeo and judge and thats it.I wasnt going to post because it has nothing to do with me,and it has nothing to do with all of you that are here running your mouths.between this and all the stupid shiiiit on the other forums I feel like im back in grade school,get real guys get your nose out of where it dont belong.hate me if ya want,say what you want no sweat off my balls I just think it is childish BS,let her and imeo work it out and ....!!!!

moog

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2009
JESUS H CHRIST!!!! I cant believe this is still going on.all these new people seem to be crawling out of the woodwork just to stir the pot it seems,for example mss5366 where did you come from never seen you post here before,not trying to single you out just saying,why are you all jumping in this ???bunch of busybodies if you ask me,nothing better to do maybe.it just seems pointless to go on with this thread I have read the same BS over and over and over holy shiiit let it rest people please!!!!!It should be taken care of by Imeo and judge and thats it.I wasnt going to post because it has nothing to do with me,and it has nothing to do with all of you that are here running your mouths.between this and all the stupid shiiiit on the other forums I feel like im back in grade school,get real guys get your nose out of where it dont belong.hate me if ya want,say what you want no sweat off my balls I just think it is childish BS,let her and imeo work it out and ....!!!!

Well put....:)

gatsby

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
I'm a little confused by this statement. I'm sure Tim made some profit from being the re-seller, but Imeo is the one benefiting from the sales as the inventor/manufacturer, IMO. :confused:

Good luck in your decison making process. (Totally said in earnest - not sarcasm.) :)

I guess what I was getting at was that even though most people dealt with Tim for the original purchase all dealing afterward is done through Imeo and it is easy to push the supplier out of the picture even though for a full refund he is the one who should be involved. So, for example, even if you could still cancel your credit card it would be Tim who lost the money even though the issue is with Imeo for the actual lost parts. Likewise if you were to send the entirety of the kit back to Imeo he would be getting batteries and chargers even though he has never seen them or profited from them. Its a tough situation made harder by how easily Tim was removed from the picture entirely. How much easier would your situation be if you dealt with the supplier and the supplier dealt with the manufacturer like in most retail situations? I have seen similar misunderstandings happen with folks who bought their SDs from TW. Hopefully the relationship between Imeo and Ikenvape.com is better and they learn from this messed up situation. This is why you have Imeo feeling like he is only responsible for the parts he had in his hand and you feeling cheated because you might want to wash your hands of everything and get all your money back.

And thanks for the luck given. I do have a SuperT on the way (partially because of the ease of the transactions, less drama, and it is a sweet looking toy) and your situation is helping me quite a bit in regard to deciding what to do with future purchases.

Judge Mental

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
FL
Jeez Suzi.......
I can't tell you how sorry I am that it has come down to this. I hadn't checked this thread in days, as I thought everything would be resolved by now.
The answer seems pretty obvious to me...

Imeo.....just make her a new Grant and be done with it!!! For that matter, I'd be very surprised if you don't have one sitting around someplace! I realize that all of your efforts are going into your new line, and your other endeavors around the globe, but for Pete's sake!!! She had been one of your staunchest supporters for quite a while, and to treat her like this absurd!!! All the other prospective clients that are reading this, will undoubtedly, go elsewhere to get a PV that doesn't come with all the Trauma and Drama attached! Dude!!! get with the program, and make this right!!! The worst that will happen, is that you will be seen as a "Stand up Guy" that takes care of his customers! It's not always about the bottom line Imeo. Sometimes it's about people, and doing what's right!!!:rolleyes:

Chris

OK...that's my 2 cents......slam away vultures!!!!

Thank you, Chris!!

Good to see you around, BTW - sorry it's on this thread, though. :(

JennFL5366

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Pinellas Park
why are u singling me out?? im not the only non GG user that has come in here and i believe i have been posting since the second page offering my support...i was a potential user of his new products but not anymore. alot of people read GG threads and yes i put my 2 cents in just like everyone else. why don't u keep ur own advise and mind ur own too. first time ive seen u on ths thread...

vinylmason

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2009
Dayton ,Ohio
If you would read everything and not just what you want to see you would have seen this (for example mss5366 where did you come from never seen you post here before,not trying to single you out just saying) and (wasnt going to post because it has nothing to do with me,and it has nothing to do with all of you that are here running your mouths)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread