Restricted draw/high capacity RTA/RDTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDC123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2014
The Blue Grass State, USA
I have found one of those goofy looking visors with an LED and a couple different power magnifying lenses to be helpful working on small things. I used it quite a bit the past few years until I finally gave in and got some no line bifocals.

We have three vapers in the home and I do all the building, wicking etc for us all. I have a dozen setups with various atty's and for use in TC or VW mode. Around 40 batteries are in rotation and the chargers are almost always running when we're home.

I did run the original Kayfuns/Russians on top of Nemesis tube mods for along time but I had half a dozen of them in everything from SS to copper, aluminum and brass.

TDC123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2014
The current scenario...

Attachments

• 20180121_201417.jpg
    20180121_201417.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 34

TDC123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2014
:offtopic: but where did you get those atty holders? (the revolver chamber looking ones)

Fast Tech several years ago. They are in a category for makeup holders. They had several styles at the time. Even my Pharoah will sit at least part of the way into the holes on these. I bought them back when I was still using mech tubes.

TDC123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2014
I've had to attain some level of competence but I still get the regular humility lesson. The Pharoah Mini has been providing that lately but I've about gotten them dialed in. I started building with the Mini Protank II coils. I've always been inclined to get the most out of my vaping gear. Back when I started with the V4L pen types I would try and improve the cartridges. How far we have came huh?!

Those in that photo are all mine and the other savages who live here know to leave them alone. Believe it or not I use most of them each day. They all do different things and/or have different flavor profile juices.

I never thought of then as looking like revolvers and I do love revolvers.

Yea I love the revolver cylinder mod holders. One in metal would be even better. Lots of gear and building for the whole family, you gotta be getting pretty good with the rebuildables.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
@madstabber
I would recommend the I joy EXO RTA very easy to build & wick it comes with a single & dual deck, with the single deck & a restrictor will give you a decent restricted draw
Link to EXO thread
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/posts/18970751
@Gallant I was thinking of getting the black exo but read that the paint was causing connection problems. I look at the exo thread from your link but couldn’t find anything, an answer may be there but it’s 45 pages so I thought asking you may be quicker. Has Ijoy fixed this problem or do they continue to have problems with the black tank?

Kusie

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2017
Germany
If I had to recommend a first single coil RTA I´d recommend the Augvape Merlin RTA with the additional 1,5 mm reducer Screw - the "old" normal one, not the newer MTL version.
Why?
- cheap and overall well build
- Velocity style deck makes coil changing and wicking hassle free and easy
- nice juice flow control - simply turn head - no leaking during refills.
- Top filling
- standard insert screw has 2,4 mm and is good for resticted DTL or airy MTL
- with the additional 1,5 mm screw very nice MTL
- good taste, throat hit, lots of vape
- holds a little above 4 ml of juice

K.

Reactions: madstabber

Gallant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Dec 4, 2013
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    @Gallant I was thinking of getting the black exo but read that the paint was causing connection problems. I look at the exo thread from your link but couldn’t find anything, an answer may be there but it’s 45 pages so I thought asking you may be quicker. Has Ijoy fixed this problem or do they continue to have problems with the black tank?
    I was 1 of the 1st to receive the black EXO never had any issue with it & till now IMO it is 1 of the best single RTA out there & still in rotation

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    I was 1 of the 1st to receive the black EXO never had any issue with it & till now IMO it is 1 of the best single RTA out there & still in rotation
    Cool, I was doing a little research on it and seen people were having problems with the black ones. I like the idea of the two decks and it has good capacity. It’s either the exo or the beserker, both seem nice. I still like the siren v2 also, I don’t know I guess it’s good I’m waiting until next month to buy, I hopefully will make a decision by then, lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread