REVIEW YOUR REGULATED MOD AFTER 8 MONTHS

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have a Cylon, it's one of my favorite mods my husband has one too. It's been durable, and I've dropped it, etc. It's also (IMO) one of the mods with the nicest handfeel of all time.

It also has a clock (big win for me!)

I will add to the "good" review, for sure.

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've used 3 mods in the last three years.

1490643485078611793.jpg

The Wisemic RX200 is the oldest. The paint began wearing off after a couple of months use, so I bought a silicone sleeve for it (a PITA to remove to change batteries). I ran thru batteries like crazy, despite it being a 3-battery mod (only a days use). After about a year, the 510 connector became wonky (common ailment with Wisemic mods), so I retired it after getting my next mod.

sig_red.png

The Segelei Fuschai 213 Plus is a dual battery mod. Attractive and well built. Still not great with battery longivity/efficiency (a days use). It now serves as my backup.

dna75-1.jpg
jac-vapour-series-b-silver-seilich.jpg

I purchased the black JAC Vapour series B DNA75W several months ago. It seems I prefer compact, pocket-friendly single battery mods. I get a full day's use with the same Samsung 30Q 3000mah batteries that I was using with the two above mods. I've not had any issues with it, although a few people have had the magnets fall out of the battery door, which JAC Vapour took care of immediately (six month warranty). The black rubberized paint on my black JAC began wearing with normal use, so I put a custom VaporSkinz vinyl wrap on it. (JAC Vapour allegedly has changed to a more durable black finish recently). I got a second JAC Vapour DNA75 for my son before Christmas which has the Sandstorm finish, and it has been extremely durable and without issues.

The JAC is a winner in my book. :thumbs:

Last edited:

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I've been abusing a Wismec RX75 for much of the last year and other than the paint on the doors wearing out it continues to perform as new. I bought it for the potentially good hand feel and didn't expect it to be so tough. When I'm not using it a ProVari 2.5 is in my hand. With only two years of use I'm still just breaking it in.:D

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Noisy Cricket 2-25

Exactly one year as my daily beater. It's survived a couple of hard drops and is still going strong, though the clear coat is starting wear off a bit now. I like the simplicity, ruggedness and lack of a screen. The main body is milled from a single block of aluminium which is a big plus for me. I get between one and two days use from it at about 50 watts on two Samsung 30QS. They are about $27 delivered from FT which to me is great value.

The option to use it as an unregulated device is a nice option but I only use it in variable voltage regulated mode.

bpHMOd9.jpg

Last edited:

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
I have mods that cover the price spectrum, from a Sigelei 50W to Paranormal 250c.
Of all of the (Wismec and EVic included), I have had the most trouble with mid-price mods.
It isn't expectation, my cheapest mods are still working fine when I take them out of storage. Some of the failures were battery doors (or caps) on Yihi mods, fire buttons on Aspire and Modefined, way wrong TC on several.
My HCigar mods are all still great, my sole Lost Vape has survived its initial month, My Vapecige Creator 75c is very nice.

I've yet to have a 510 or screen fail on any mod.

HCigar has a special spot for me as I have 5-6 VT133/166 that have went everywhere with me.
Yihi has the opposite end of the stick, out of 6 then 'top of line' I still have 3. Two were returned after a big hassle with Yihi, one I took out back and beat to death with a hammer after it refused to fire 4 different tanks. Needless to say, it doesn't give me any problems now...

ligyron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
Lake Worth, FL
Sig 150, Eleaf pico, Alien, all died within 3 months. After much research on here I bought a Smoant Battlestar which lasted all of 2 months before going paperweight. Now I have only my 5 yr old, never failed yet REO Grand working and came to this thread for ideas. Maybe I'll try the Aegis Legend or AsMODus Minikin 2 now. Or maybe I'll just buy another mech as they seem to actually work. Very frustrating.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Sig 150, Eleaf pico, Alien, all died within 3 months. After much research on here I bought a Smoant Battlestar which lasted all of 2 months before going paperweight. Now I have only my 5 yr old, never failed yet REO Grand working and came to this thread for ideas. Maybe I'll try the Aegis Legend or AsMODus Minikin 2 now. Or maybe I'll just buy another mech as they seem to actually work. Very frustrating.
Where are you buying those devices from? All the mods you mentioned have very good longevity and can take some abuse.

pfaber11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
england
I have an alien just over a year old and taken just over 60000 hits and knock on wood is still working fine. The previous aliens I had prior to this one lasted a week and 2 months. The warranty took care of them. I also have an arymi one pro which is now 8 months old and again knock on wood is still going. I also have a retired mvp2 and aspire sub ohm battery that still work.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I'm trying to think of a mod I own that actually died. Nothing comes to mind. Probably the main reason is that I tend to get shinyitis frequently. I buy something new and shiny and retire the old ones to a box in the closet. I'll vape a mod for a year or less and the best ones end up in rotation and the lesser ones get to sleep in the box.

Wait, there was one. The Smoke 200W box mod. Magnets kept coming off the side plate and finally the electronics died.

Provari V2 I vaped like a fiend for a couple of years and it still looks and works like new. All mods should be built so well. It's a 2011 model purchased in April of that year. It was my reward for dropping the smokes.

Last edited:

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
I am also in the camp of none-of-my-mods-have-died-yet. And none of them are expensive. I have an Eleaf 100TW, a Pico, a Lost Vape, a cheap Chinese Eleader and some sort of DNA75 which the name escapes me now (I'm at work). So far, so good. Price does not always mean longevity.

Now my older boy, on the other hand, goes thru mods like nobodies business. He drops them. He breaks them. He loses them. I stopped buying him mods for birthdays and stuff. Now he uses mostly pods. And guess what? He drops them. He breaks them. He loses them.

*Sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread