Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
You can get the gizmo at Michael's or other type craft stores. don't bother with the heat and crimp before mounting. Make the coil, mount it in the rba, then pulse and squeeze. You could also try old school "ugly", where wraps don't touch.

IMAG2033_1-M.jpg

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
That would be a HRH coil right there!

What i'd not considered is the wicking material, i use silica only or some readywick. I'm not into combustible wicks because they last so short a time.

I did try cotton about 18 months ago, just organic cotton - and i'd be rewicking daily. My silica never varies in diameter and in a lot of cases, like 'ugly' coil above - i'll just wrap straight on it.

T

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
LOL! sizzle after the firing has stopped and mouth off the drip tip? LOL!

Well honestly I think the subpar taste is more due to paranoia and a stuffy nose today - I think I'm just gonna stop worrying so much about it and vape it like I stole it or what have you.

edit - also, might add that if I continue to draw for a split second after releasing the fire button it usually doesn't sizzle.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
i only get the thing still cooking when i use low gauge wire since it takes a while to cool back down. I don't get it with 30g, but i do if i make a big fat 26g one.

All my coils pop; i think it's the mix of juice i make - i have always thought of it as the promise of vaping goodness!

Since i'd be a fine one to talk if i said make sure your mod is clean and the switch works fine - i'll not do that ;)

T

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
i only get the thing still cooking when i use low gauge wire since it takes a while to cool back down. I don't get it with 30g, but i do if i make a big fat 26g one.

All my coils pop; i think it's the mix of juice i make - i have always thought of it as the promise of vaping goodness!

Since i'd be a fine one to talk if i said make sure your mod is clean and the switch works fine - i'll not do that ;)

T
haha :) my mod is actually clean, I think

My coils tend to pop too and I do love that. seems a bit strange that some would sizzle after firing and some wouldn't at 28ga. but I'll roll with it - and re-coil tomorrow for fun and to try and get a better coil on there.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY

Ok this thing is rather handy. I did probably the worst job possible with it and thus far seems like the best coil ive ever made. no washer or nut - so wrapped it first around where those would go. So that leg wound up being a total mess - not straight, tons of warps and bends etc. Still managed to get the leg through the post so i mounted the coil. 1 ohm. rocking hard. the wraps aren't even perfectly touching but it's rocking really well. REALLY well.

sc12

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2013
USA
LOL! sizzle after the firing has stopped and mouth off the drip tip? LOL!

Well honestly I think the subpar taste is more due to paranoia and a stuffy nose today - I think I'm just gonna stop worrying so much about it and vape it like I stole it or what have you.

edit - also, might add that if I continue to draw for a split second after releasing the fire button it usually doesn't sizzle.
Maybe by not continuing to draw for a split second after releasing the button, you're getting a fair amount of condensation that causes more sizzle on the next vape?

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Ok this thing is rather handy. I did probably the worst job possible with it and thus far seems like the best coil ive ever made. no washer or nut - so wrapped it first around where those would go. So that leg wound up being a total mess - not straight, tons of warps and bends etc. Still managed to get the leg through the post so i mounted the coil. 1 ohm. rocking hard. the wraps aren't even perfectly touching but it's rocking really well. REALLY well.

You might try wrapping a couple more wraps and when you cut the leg that is out of whack, unwrap that leg a wrap or two to get the leg tight and straight.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
You might try wrapping a couple more wraps and when you cut the leg that is out of whack, unwrap that leg a wrap or two to get the leg tight and straight.
I always wrap extra wraps, then with the coil still on the pin pull slowly on a leg the coil will spin while the wrap unwinds. I do this to both sides and have nice tight end wraps when I'm done.

karmakatie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
MO
I need to drill out my air hole on my one RM2 that I use on my regular REO Grand. After vaping on the Odin on my LP REO, the draw is way to tight for me. I understand that I am able to do this by hand with a drill bit. If not, someone let me know please.

Yes you can do this with just the bit and no drill, the top cap is pretty soft and doing it by hand allows you to do a bit at a time, I have done my caps this way and I have old lady hands lol :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread