Status
Not open for further replies.

jakerock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2012
Brooklyn, NY`
How long did it take to wear it out?

I am guessing that you are going to just solder on a new switch?
I havent taken it apart to see how it is put together yet.

Pretty handy with basic soldering here, so I am encouraged.
Are you buying a replacement from madvapes, or...?
Would be nice to know they are available elsewhere, or that we could even put a different switch in if necessary / desired.

LibertariaNate

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
Utah
The switch is fine. I have the older version of the RoughStack that used a spring instead of a soldered wire to the positive terminal of the atty connection. The straw melted and created a short. I plan on replacing the spring with wire. Just haven't gotten around to it yet... I've had it for roughly 7 months.

Murdock Ruml

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
Alaska
So here is my problem and a suggestion. About 6 months ago my button on my RS broke. Didn't get around to fixing cause I had a provari on the way. So today I was looking at the website an the switchs with the spring was sold out and they had hard wired ones. That's great, probaly get a better connection. But then I read the reviews and saw people were having trouble soldering them to the center pin. My suggestion: sell them pre soldered. From the looks of it the connection wher it connects to the board is just crimped on and then covered with heat shrink. Any one could do that. So sell the wire with a center pin soldered on one end. Throw in a bushing for the center pin incase the original gets damaged. And have the push connection loose the be installed by the user.

What do you think?

LibertariaNate

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
Utah
Not sure, Murdock Ruml.

MadVapes sells the RS switch with a soldered wire... All the user has to do is solder said wire to the atty connector.

ETA: Read that wrong... All the user has to do is remove the nut holding the switch in place and install the new "disc" complete with switch...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread