Status
Not open for further replies.

Murdock Ruml

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
Alaska
Not sure, Murdock Ruml.

madvapes sells the RS switch with a soldered wire... All the user has to do is solder said wire to the atty connector.

Yeah that's the switch I am talking about. But if it was pre soldered to the center pin then the user( who might not be good at soldering) would not have to solder. Just remove old center pin, replace with new pin with wire pre soldered, then crimp on push connector and plug it onto the switch board.

Last edited:

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
The spring version is the old style, had a ton of issues, the solder on the new one is on the atty connection only, there is a quick connect on the switch board.

This is from madvapes' 4/8/11 newsletter. Everything RoughStack (From our 4/8/11 Newsletter)
It says that the spring (no soldering needed) replacement switch is to be used with the Roughstack V2. It obviously isn't just for the older Roughstack.

Roughstack V2

This is the newest version of our signature mod. It is handcrafted in the USA out of high quality aircraft grade aluminum.

The RoughStack V2 is a high quality 18350 based, 3.7 volt mod. The natural machined finish of the Roughstack V2 is excellent and the upgrades to the manufacturing process produce a sleek, perfectly fitted, interchangeable top and bottom portion. Very comfortable to hold and performs great. Protected 1200mah 18350 batteries will easily last most users a day between charges.

The switch is rated for a full 3 amps and the switch assembly is user replacable with no soldering! Simply unscrew the nut holding the switch, pop out the circuit board assembly, put a new one in and tighten the nut back down.. It's really that simple!

The RoughStack V2 has a sealed 510 connector and will work with a variety of 510 atomizers and cartomizers including low resistance atties or cartos. It will also accept adapters for use with most any atomizer or cartomizer.

The Roughstack V2 will accept an 18350 or 16340 battery. Please use protected batteries only.
Maxi RoughStack V2

Theese are beatifully machined mods and are just the ticket for a variety of vaping needs!

Flexible battery configuations give you a variety of voltage choices. You can use an 18650 for 3.7 volt vaping, two 16340 3 volt batteries for 6 volt vaping or two 18350's for 7.4 volt vaping..

The user replacable 3 amp switch assembly will handle it all and requires no soldering to replace the switch! Sealed 510 connector is standard.

Roughstacks come with a 90 warranty and will be repaired for free during the warranty period. Customers are responsible for return shipping costs to MadVapes if repairs are required.

Maxi RoughStack V2

Theese are beatifully machined mods and are just the ticket for a variety of vaping needs!

Flexible battery configuations give you a variety of voltage choices. You can use an 18650 for 3.7 volt vaping, two 16340 3 volt batteries for 6 volt vaping or two 18350's for 7.4 volt vaping..

The user replacable 3 amp switch assembly will handle it all and requires no soldering to replace the switch! Sealed 510 connector is standard.

Roughstacks come with a 90 warranty and will be repaired for free during the warranty period. Customers are responsible for return shipping costs to MadVapes if repairs are required.

Last edited:

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
The new switch didn't come out untill last June or sometime like that... Use whatever switch you want, I'm sure the spring style would work but they don't sell the roughstack with that switch anymore for a reason.

I have a ticket in to MadVapes about the switch situation. We'll see what they say. :)

cubfanthad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2010
Rock Island IL
Well I can tell you from experience, changing the new style switch is easy, just unplug the old one and plug in the new one. The new wire is not nessesary unless your old wire somehow gets screwed up. The hard wire version is superior to the spring. It hits harder and it's more reliable. It came about from RS users modding their spring switches, it worked so well that Madvapes made the change in the RS, that's the way they come now. You can read about the evolution of this mod in this thread.

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
Well I can tell you from experience, changing the new style switch is easy, just unplug the old one and plug in the new one. The new wire is not nessesary unless your old wire somehow gets screwed up. The hard wire version is superior to the spring. It hits harder and it's more reliable. It came about from RS users modding their spring switches, it worked so well that Madvapes made the change in the RS, that's the way they come now. You can read about the evolution of this mod in this thread.

Hi! This is the response from MadVapes

All of our new roughstack V2s are hard wired. The spring loaded switch can be purchased and used as a replacement. Just the hard wire switch will require a little soldering.

Thanks,

- Paul

Last edited:

cubfanthad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2010
Rock Island IL
Hi! This is the response from MadVapes

All of our new roughstack V2s are hard wired. The spring loaded switch can be purchased and used as a replacement. Just the hard wire switch will require a little soldering.

Thanks,

- Paul

Right... But like I said, unless ur old wire is jacked up, you just unplug the old switch and plug in the new one. Done. If the connector wire is jacked up then it's one small spot on the atty connector that needs to be soldered. All in all it just works better.

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
Right... But like I said, unless ur old wire is jacked up, you just unplug the old switch and plug in the new one. Done. If the connector wire is jacked up then it's one small spot on the atty connector that needs to be soldered. All in all it just works better.

Hi. That sounds great that unless your wire is messed up, that you can use the same wire as before with a replacement hard wired switch, but I don't understand how that would be done because wouldn't your original wire be soldered to the base that needs to be replaced? I ask this because in one of the pictures at MadVapes it shows the wire separate and then in another picture connected so I'm assuming that's the part that would be soldered, and it looks like it's soldered to the base, not the connector so I'm confused! If the wire gets connected to the atty connector and that's the way they come, then it sounds like you would have to do some un-soldering to take off the old wire to use the spring switch which must not be the case since they told me that no soldering is needed with the spring switch. I know nothing about this kind of thing so I hope you can explain this to me! Also, in the picture, the attached wire is taller than the button, how can this be? Thank you so much!

Last edited:

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Maybe it's just semantics. The "hard wired" switch is only soldered to the atomizer pin, with the other end being a "spade" type connector which attaches to the switch assembly. Unpluggable would be a more accurate way to describe it. I think the Madvapes response just overlooked saying the spring replacement assembly is to be used in the earlier spring based version where you just pushed it in. Two assemblies for two versions, not meant to be swapped without soldering skills. I'd stick to the newer version since unplugging is easy and offers a little more power and reliability.

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
Maybe it's just semantics. The "hard wired" switch is only soldered to the atomizer pin, with the other end being a "spade" type connector which attaches to the switch assembly. Unpluggable would be a more accurate way to describe it. I think the Madvapes response just overlooked saying the spring replacement assembly is to be used in the earlier spring based version where you just pushed it in. Two assemblies for two versions, not meant to be swapped without soldering skills. I'd stick to the newer version since unplugging is easy and offers a little more power and reliability.

Thank you for the info., but I just can't understand this technical talk at all! ;) Thank you for trying though! I appreciate it!! Maybe we're misunderstanding each other but MadVapes' response is pretty clear that the spring switch assembly works with the Roughstack v2 which is the only kind they sell now. Also, their description of the spring switch says, "Each one is assembled and ready to be installed. As simple as tighting a nut." So no soldering is needed. The description of the hard wired switch says "Each one is assembled and ready to be installed. Requires light soldering." If the spring switch required soldering it would state that in the description like it does for the hard wired switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread