S&S MODS Home of the DEFCON MINI RE-BUILDABLE ATTY

Status
Not open for further replies.

overall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
TEXAS
When I moved from England to Texas I think I spent the first year sleeping in the bathtub covered in pillows. I have some great photos of wall clouds some taken from the eye of the cloud if there is going to be a tornado I would rather it happen in the daytime when I can see what's coming.
Sorry my wife corrected me it was a tornado warning. We have only had maybe 2 that has ever touchdown around here that we know of. When that derecho came through here, that was unbelievable. It was just like a tornado, My wife said to me I have lived around here my whole life and never ever had a storm
like this. One thing about them they have winds up to 100mph and rain and huge hail , lighting was just unreal. I don't think I could live in TX, cause I would
always worry about tornadoes. They are no joke that is for sure.

*~Peace~*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2012
Oklahoma
I myself think it should be up to the buyer but I would ALWAYS use tracking no matter what. It seems that tracking and insured packages might get rerouted but do show up.

I would also word it that if a buyer does not buy insurance you can not replace the item because if they had taken the insurance it would have been paid for and once you hand it to the postal worker it is literally out of your control.
I want to take a poll about putting insurance on orders for shipping.The price for each item would still be the same but I would have to add $5.00 more that covers shipping and insurance.So $60 for the DC and $80 for the Atom to cover the seller and buyer in case of more miss directed packages.Or should I just leave that option up to the buyer with the knowledge if its lost its lost.I can cover a lost one every now and then but if it happens a lot then there is no way I can.I'm just asking you all for any opinions on this.You all are now part of my family and I want to include you all in any major decisions even though its my business.Its your money that makes it a business and in a way makes you all a investor in it.

Mrgreen819

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
North Carolina
Im in N.C. and tornado warnings and watches are a common thing here. I have a area in the basement all ready to go at all times. I need to install a cable jack and tv down there with vaping supplies and a recliner. I'm remodeling so one thing at a time. Im already overwhelmed with the amount to do. Next time Chopper just come to my house, I shouldn't be more than a couple hours away max. I'm about 15 miles from the V.A. border in a lil town nobodies ever heard of. I say offer insurance as a option at the customers expense,thats what most businesses do. Once you hand a package to US postal its there responsibility. Your end is done. Your already doing much more than any business would do, if you keep increasing your expenses next year at this time you will not be in business. Just my opinion.

Chopper71

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Broadway,Virginia
The thing is if I tell them they should have it insured but don't and it gets lost even though they have tracking.I will get PM's wanting a refund or a replacement and that will get very expensive very fast.I don't want to be a bad supplier by not refunding or replacing but that could very well put me out of business if its a every day thing even though I doubt that would ever happen.Honestly if I bought something and it never arrived I would want something done about it.I just can't afford to pay the insurance myself since I'm just small potatoes compared to the way bigger suppliers.Hell I only have 2 things on my site and on here that I sell lol.My heart tells me to take any loss by just going ahead and pay the insurance myself.My business mind what I have of it says to offer it and its on the buyer if something happens.A rock and a hard place I believe is where I'm at on this one.I want everyone to get what they paid for even if I have control or not over it.I try to treat each one like they are the only one.Like the melting witch on OZ said "What a world, what a world,what a world".

EagleHawk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2009
Huntington Beach,CA
I would have to say that offering at the buyer's expense is a good option. Many suppliers, and vendors of all products take that route, and I know here you're coming from Chopper, you don't want to add any more expense. But everyone should understand that it's THEIR option to insure or not, and that it is a seperate and unique product in and of itself - meant only to protect one's investment. I often buy insurance, and personally I do like having the choice to self insure or buy it as a stand alone product. I certainly would not expect the vendor or manufacturer of the product I'm purchasing to provide this for me, but then again, I am a commercial insurance agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread