Not open for further replies.

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
Sit back, take a vape.

Look at your family.

Argument and discussion over. I am one of those with an order with you and it can wait.

The success you have had with this little gem you have created could only be the beginning with your work ethic. But you need your health or forget about it.

Anyone that doesn't understand that isn't really worth worrying about anyway.

Every now and again you need to look after yourself and your family first now is one of those time make the right choice and shut shop till it is sorted out.

Chopper71

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Broadway,Virginia
Thank you all and I'm not doing any building tonight as I'm going to relax and get some type of grip on all this.I'm pretty much lost for words right now as I have to let all this soak in.My wife has been great support since we found all this out.I will get back to building tomorrow...........

overall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
TEXAS
And another nurse.
Chopper while you are waiting for the whole heart/kidneys check start on a low salt diet. Aim for well below 2,000 mg.
This will help reduce your swelling and will make you feel better really quickly.

Looks like you have a team of nurses on your side Chopper.

I can assure you if you don't rest and reduce your stress your condition will get worse. Just a mention from a nurse.

Chopper71

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Broadway,Virginia
And another nurse.
Chopper while you are waiting for the whole heart/kidneys check start on a low salt diet. Aim for well below 2,000 mg.
This will help reduce your swelling and will make you feel better really quickly.

Looks like you have a team of nurses on your side Chopper.
No salt I know and that sucks lol.Almonds just don't taste the same without it.I also have to stay away from starches.I love mashed potatoes and rice and the other stuff.Now I have to eat like a rabbit lol.I have to go see a nutritionist next week to get my food plan started.Goodbye fried chicken hello institution food lol.

overall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
TEXAS
Get into DIY .....then you can make ejuice recipes. I now vape my carbs. 0 calories :)

No salt I know and that sucks lol.Almonds just don't taste the same without it.I also have to stay away from starches.I love mashed potatoes and rice and the other stuff.Now I have to eat like a rabbit lol.I have to go see a nutritionist next week to get my food plan started.Goodbye fried chicken hello institution food lol.

andel11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Bay Area, Ca

Chopper, you will be surprise what you can eat but in moderation. Its how we all should be eating. Decrease Carb intake more veggies/fruits/whole grains/low sodium diet and portion control. So many people think I won't get to eat regular food anymore now that they have been told they have diabetes/heart problems. Thats not true and thats why so many people fail. There is a way to have that Fried Chicken effect through baking your chicken. The Nutritionist will direct you. It just a healthy way of eating which not only you but your family can incorporate.

Quit4myKids

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2009
San Jose, CA
Diabetes is certainly manageable if you get it under control early. If you don't take the bull by the horns and do what the doctor tells you, it can result in loss of feeling in your limbs, blindness, and death. I hope I'm scaring you because I care what happens to you and everyone else with this disease.

I lost my own mother to diabetes when her internal organs started shutting down as a result of diabetic neuropathy. I was with her through the whole thing. At first, she made the argument that she would rather enjoy her life for a shorter period of time, than live longer and be miserable the whole time. When she could no longer feel her feet and started losing her vision, she changed her mind and started trying to follow her doctor's instructions. by that time it was too late, as the nerves that are destroyed by the diabetes cannot be repaired, and will never grow back. I wouldn't wish what our family went through on anyone, and beg you to make the changes now so you don't put yourself and your family through what we went through.

Take some time off. Take a class at the local hospital to learn how to manage it. Do what your doctors tell you to do. It won't be easy to change your lifestyle, but it can be done, and it's necessary if you want to watch your kids grow up, hold your grandchildren, etc.... Most people are able to make these adjustments to diet, etc..., and live a normal life. We all want you around for a long time to keep making your e-cig magic, but your family needs you much more. Make the changes for them, and for yourself.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you,

Quit4myKids (Rick Colette)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread