• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Self Rewards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile n' shine

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2012
Canada
Yay 2 months! :banana:

I'm trying to think of a reward or a new pv, juice or accessory to buy. :vapor:

The problem, I haven't stopped buying since I've started. :2c: So how can I think of anything as a reward? :oops:

:lol:(setting down ego and pats self on back) <----have I developed an inflated non-smoker's ego?
:lol:

What did you all do to celebrate Bigmilestones? :headbang:

Last thought, how many people have I irritated with smileys in this post? I promise my next post will be less animated. :D Maybe.....:p

kingcobra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Canada
Three weeks for me, I think it was day two when I really made up my mind that I wouldn't go back to smoking again that was the big one. It's all still pretty surreal though. I was in the car with my wife the other day and she asked me if it was OK that she smoked which was pretty bizarre. I'll never turn into one of those non smoking jackasses though, and I shudder to think I am in their group. Wait a minute, I'm not, I'm a vaper!

I'd say that every day that goes by is your reward, another day of freedom. I'm not a new vaper so have gotten over the spendies, I still buy too much juice though, have over 20 bottles in my collection and I still buy more than I vape. I've got 4 more bottles of regular juice coming and I'm also hoping to get my hands on some WTA soon which I am real excited about.

2 months is a big milestone, I'm always looking to get people's experiences who are ahead of me on the switching trail, so feel free to share that. Congrats!

vise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton
I'm shy of a month but was thinking along the same line as therealcmac. Maybe a new shinny PV each month...

Oh, and there are never too many smileys when celebrating this...

I tried this theory, but after a while there is only so many GGTS's and GGStealth's a man can have! So I ended up buying myself a brand new Jeep Rubicon at the 6 month mark, and my payments are still less than what I was paying a month for analogs.

Samyaza

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
London, ON
I bought myself a Provari for 2 months ^^ I knew I was going to stick with vaping at that point and I figured buying a Provari would cut down costs in the long run - and it actually has, I'm now saving money each month (I have a spreadsheet that I edit each time I buy something).

If that's out of the question I'd probably just find a vendor whose juice I am interested in, even a US one, buy a ton of samples, take a day off work and vape myself silly lol.

Smile n' shine

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2012
Canada
I love all the comments :)
Congratulations to everyone who should be celebrating.... whether a week or a year!!!
Cheers to you all :)

I really don't think my 6 months will even feel this good. I'm just slightly euphoric and also amazed that the worst is over (from quit symptoms to sorting out hardware). I can smell again, colours are more vivid (I swear..more oxygen to the brain), I actually lost weight (not gain as timelessly reiterated in quit manuals).

My teeth are brighter, my skin is more lifelike, and that 'freshly shampooed hair smell' lasts all day. I don't have to worry about smelling like smoke and sneaking around to have one, my conscience feels cleaner too ;)

Best of all, I can vape in the house, at the computer, while reading a book and the list goes on....

This month was a feel good month, days would go by and I didn't think of 'it', I didn't feel the nasty symptoms either. I think partly because I sorted out a proper substitute and the headaches stopped, my digestive tract reset, and I felt a sense of peace (less anxiety). I feel like I went through a huge smoker's detox - there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I recently had a stressful bout that I knew was going to be a test. I made it through with flying colours and didn't run to the 'store'. It's a good thing.

So cheers to everyone running on the same path.....you are all a breath of fresh air!

Last edited:

farmer_bric

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2011
Maberly, ON
Congrats on a significant milestone :) My 6 month one was 2 days ago, and I celebrated with a bright orange silver bullet :D

Have never had any negtive comments, except from one brother-in-law (smoker), who called me a traitor! I also tip my hat to all you folks in the vaping community who have made this such an enjoyable and successfull endeavour.

Cobber

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2011
Kingston Ontario
www.itsjustvapor.com
I haves to admit 2 months was a good one. The time between 1-2 months is where I found the biggest improvement on how I feel. Now is just a pride thing.

At about 4 months is where I found myself looking for my all day vape in hardware and juice. I think I have found it with a bottom feeder. It gives me all day performance with 9mls of my favorite juice.

MisterMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Congratulations! 2 months is a lot of cigarettes not smoked! I'm a little over 3 weeks myself.

I hope I feel as good as you do once my two months rolls around. I'm experiencing some weirdness, but for the most part, it's been really smooth. I'm sure I've still got a way to go, but so far, so good.

Woohoo! 2 months! I don't know what to suggest as far as a reward goes, since I've been rewarding myself on a pretty regular basis, but get yourself something good. :D

:thumbs:

farmer_bric

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2011
Maberly, ON
Congratulations! 2 months is a lot of cigarettes not smoked! I'm a little over 3 weeks myself.

I hope I feel as good as you do once my two months rolls around. I'm experiencing some weirdness, but for the most part, it's been really smooth. I'm sure I've still got a way to go, but so far, so good.

Woohoo! 2 months! I don't know what to suggest as far as a reward goes, since I've been rewarding myself on a pretty regular basis, but get yourself something good. :D

:thumbs:

Yes, we have noticed MisterMike :) At 2 months, you will probably reward yourself with a Darwin:D

shades

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
Perth, Ontario
Congratz!

I've been mucking around with a graphic editing and publishing program the last little while and did up a little something for you. Just basing this off of some of your avatars so please don't be offended if the colors aren't your cup o tea

sunshinea.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread