• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Self Rewards

Status
Not open for further replies.

vise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton
Congratz!

I've been mucking around with a graphic editing and publishing program the last little while and did up a little something for you. Just basing this off of some of your avatars so please don't be offended if the colors aren't your cup o tea

sunshinea.jpg

Love it! The colors bring me back to the hippy days!

Smile n' shine

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2012
Canada
Congrats!!! Feels good eh.

I pretty much have to stop rewarding myself cause I can find everyday a special occasion to reward myself. But ... 6 months is coming up for me

You are really close to the half a year mark....WOW...awesome Cobber :)
:banana:

What is the benefit of a provari etc....is it only an increase in battery life.....I didn`t say I was going to get one, just asking ;)

kingcobra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Canada
Yeah if you get the dull blue gun metal one that will put an end to your quest for shiny things :)

Thanks for the people who shared their experiences going through this, for those who are behind you that does really help. For instance, for me it's still a bit of a struggle, not as far as wanting to smoke again which I don't, but still battling the withdrawal somewhat. There are times when I feel great, most of the time it's obvious that I am not there yet and still experiencing physical symptoms, so hearing things like month two you feel better all the time really helps!

vise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton
Back in the day before e-cigs I tried to quit smoking and it was HELL! My body revolted on me 100% when it didn't get it's nic. Headaches, stomachaches, nose bleeds, shakes, jitters, and al around general crankiness to boot. It is a tough addiction to beat without a doubt! Luckily for me the e-cig was a natural transition without any of the typical withdrawal symptoms, physical or mental.

I truly applaud anybody and everybody for at least cutting down on the analogs and battling the addiction of cigarettes. One day, two days, 2 weeks, 1 month, etc without a cigarette is another battle won in my opinion. Just know we are all here for you and hoping you will one day soon be over this "hump."

A 1 month celebration is just around the corner for you!!!

FisherPal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2009
Campbell River, BC
This is such a great 'feel good' thread! Congratulations to each and every one of you for your individual milestones. Loved your initial post Smile n Shine! Those smilies were great! I swear I could feel your excitement and happiness through the computer screen. :D I really do think that only us other vaping non-smokers can appreciate what this journey has been and continues to be like. This forum has been like a support group for me. Whenever I had bad moments or got too frustrated, I would pop in here and read threads, sometimes post, and always come away ready to tackle the next hurdle (be it frustration with hardware, juice or the demon stinkie raising it's head).

I just finished spending more money than I should have on some more juice and hardware and as feeling a tad guilty about it. And then I mentally shook myself and thought give your head a shake, woman! This is still no where near what you used to spend in a month smoking cigs! Gawd!!

My suggestion for a 'treat' would be something truly decadent like a facial or a pedicure or something like that. Something to make you feel totally pampered! Whatever you do, enjoy doing it or buying it!

Smile n' shine

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2012
Canada
I can't stop liking all these posts :)

Kingcobra: I took it one day at a time, I remember saying today is day two, today is day 6, and so on. After the first month, I laughed when I said, " hey!!! it's been a week" (like I didn't even notice).

Vise is so right, it can be such a wicked battle for some people. I have been around smokers all my life. I know some who gave it up easily and some who still can't do it. My only drive now is that I have gone this long and don't want to ever go back. The fact, I don't want to face those symptoms again. And GOODNESS ME....I don't want to live my life like I've eaten beans everyday for breakfast. :laugh:

FisherPal....I came here too in those moments of frenzy. I still have the odd glimpse of one, which is why I'm still here ;) Yes I've given up feeling guilty about spending every time I see my counter on here. lol

Ah, it's such a cool place to talk. I wonder why there is no "Anniversary" thread? The next person to have one, should start one.
:rickroll: We can celebrate more often. :rickroll:

Rttch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
Edmonton
The fact, I don't want to face those symptoms again. And GOODNESS ME....I don't want to live my life like I've eaten beans everyday for breakfast. :laugh:

There's an absolutely hilarious thread around here about that ;-)

My husband didn't appreciate it as much as I did. I had tears of laughter from it. Will try to find it for you. Apparently this is a symptom of quitting/start vaping and the vaping community supported the original poster with flying colours.

**edit**

Found it for you: why-have-my-farts

Last edited:

Smile n' shine

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2012
Canada
There's an absolutely hilarious thread around here about that ;-)

My husband didn't appreciate it as much as I did. I had tears of laughter from it. Will try to find it for you. Apparently this is a symptom of quitting/start vaping and the vaping community supported the original poster with flying colours.

**edit**

Found it for you: why-have-my-farts

OMG!! Now that's a real treasure. I'm only at page 11 and I can't breathe.....:lol:
Hilarious!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread