Shut Down all suppliers that are not part of E-cig Association

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillPower

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2009
MA, USA
Lacey - I just received your email sent to your customer list about e-cig association (I will call ECA). I for one am all for your efforts. There is no chance in the hell the e-cigs can become a completely unregulated industry. The choice is government regulation or self-regulation. Hopefully, ECA could make the self-regulation as a viable option.

However, I believe ECA must do the following ASAP:

1) form a credible advisory board--people with credentials and help ECA to setup standards, and willing to let ECA use their name.

2) this "credible" advisory board should establish the certification standards for e-cig vendors.

3) ECA needs to be willing to police and work with government to SHUT DOWN ANY US E-CIG VENDORS WHO DO NOT HAVE THE CERTIFICATION.

I truly believe in the benefits of e-cigs through my personal direct first-hand experience. However, I cannot and am not willing to support a complete de-regulation of E-cigs, even if they were "banned."

Besides, this can potentially become a multi-billion dollar market, with a product that takes addictive nicotine directly into human lung. One has to be an idiot to believe that American government and legistrature will let it free to become a wild wild west where anything goes.

My 2 cents.

p.s. I think you should change the name to American Association for Vapers, National Vapers Association, or something.

lordmage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Dundalk,Maryland, USA
i think the assoc is fine let them have thier "trade" secerts but dont expect every supplier out there to jump in on thier band wagon what i think will help the pv community the best is for a standard lebelling from the source which states that the proudct is not approved by the fda and warning labels to the effect of possible health effects of vaporing the poison nic... i love how tw has there's labelled as well as packaged with leaflet to the effect. and of coruse these labels are placed on all packeges that leave the manufacrers that way it wont have to be done later and any one who does not comply to this will become blacklisted and boycotted

Retina_Burn

Mar 12, 2009
Kansas USA
Hmmm...... well, I think I just vomited a little in my mouth. This is absolute rubbish. I hope this is some sick joke. A credible advisory board to push competitors out of the market? I mean, seriously. this is just absurd. "Credible" advisory board? This is America friend, Free market, remember? None of these substances are controlled and if they do become so, I would hope that my government will assign the proper regulatory agency to oversee Laws that will be put into place as to the regulation of said substances. Those laws will then be upheld by our Judicial and legislative government branches. To think someone actually WANTS a group of merchants and salesmen to have the ability to push out others trying to live the American dream, well, maybe you should think a bit on that statement. And frankly, blacklisting is most definitely an illegal activity. And that would be about the only way that something like this would be possible. Plus..... exactly how do you propose to get the manufacturers to cut profits by selling only to certain distributors. And trust me friend, competition is why these items don't cost hundreds of dollars. Greed in merchandising is no new thing. Look at Big Pharm. They just pushed the Indian government not too long ago to outlaw the manufacture of copies of their drugs. Now all those poverty stricken people will not be able to afford drugs that used to cost a tenth of what they cost now. I'm sure Big Pharm was just trying to make sure all those people were safe...... even though the plants they shut down consistently got better ratings from US and UK inspectors then did the US companies. (sorry a bit of a bit of a tangent but example of what these super corps are capable of.)

I've owned a couple businesses myself before going into my current career and cringe at someone trying to push small businesses out of the picture. Don't we have enough Big Box stores and Corporate greed. In fact, I think I'm going to drop a few grand and set up my own estore. I'm already uneasy about an E-Cig "Association". I'll not let another wonderful product that has stimulated so much retail competition and so many small businesses go that route. That would truly be a shame. It would definitely hurt the customers in the long run. Remember, I for one have not been to a reseller yet that has had any sort of age verification or any type of bold warning or popup displaying the uncertain nature of health effects of these products. Very few have warnings of it's addictive nature until very recently. That is a major part of the reason that we are in this mess. So in my opinion, who are they to tell us who can and can't sell and to tell us how and when someone can sell. "ECA needs to be willing to police and work with government to SHUT DOWN ANY US E-CIG VENDORS WHO DO NOT HAVE THE CERTIFICATION." Come on, really? You don't even need certification to sell cigarettes or booze, just a permit and those are basically for tax purposes.Almost anyone can get one.

No offense intended to any resellers, I think you are all enjoying one of the few freedoms we have left in our country and I wish all of you to prosper. I believe that good business ethics, practices and customers should decide our fates. I will never abide by an "Association's" rules. I will abide to Laws and be judged by those elected to do so and fight and manipulate that system as best I can! If a regulatory board is put in place I for one will feel that my country has failed to meet the needs of its people once again if they appoint members that have monetary gains in mind by being on it.

And yes, Willpower, your post has indeed fired me up and I most definitely be liquidating some of my lower performing investments so I can set up my own estore. You have fired up the entrepreneur side of my personality with this insidious post. I will decide how to run my business within the terms of my countries LAWS. And I hope the majority of resellers will follow suite.

I mean, honestly........ this product should not be held to any standards that tobacco is not. In my opinion, less. I've never had to do anything but go get a permit to sell smokes and follow the laws in place. That should be it. You people should be opposing this sort of thing, not encouraging it! The only thing that should change is how these are marketed, warning labels and ingredients list. Issue warnings and educate people. Let me decide what I put in my body. Oppose government control, don't feed it. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile, with thinking like this we'll be taxed out the ... for nicotine the same as we are for tobacco. No one wants that.

Liberate_Yourself

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
U.S.
www.smokeliberation.com
Look, this thread was started to let you guys know that something big is in the works, and it would be beneficial to EVERYONE to do whatever you can to contact the political "powers that be" and ask your friends and their friends to do the same.

Yes, we are not disclosing everything as of yet, but please believe me when I say that we are looking out for everyone's best interests (and not only our own).

I look around and see that it is starting to get a bit out of hand. You guys are feeding off of each other's speculation and conspiracy theories. Let's try to stick to the subject at hand (contacting your senators, congressmen, and friends).

Remember, all we are asking is for you guys to voice your opinions to the people where it counts the most..

Keep the faith guys, and keep on vapin!

lordmage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Dundalk,Maryland, USA
greg i bring this up cause it seems this is what as started most of the discussion.

people are resenting lacey's wording on another thread the line follows This is not a “What can you do thread” This is a “WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO”.

that is a little to demanding and people have gotten defensive about it.

i think has a whole you should disclose any steps the assocation may have to at least have it disclosed for those who would like to see the backup and details behind why she fells that such wording needs to be used. and what she asks in that thread is for people to speand money sending certifed snail mail to tons of people and that seems an approch for an offically reconized lobbying group and not end users. however if you want to start a better petition and a petitoning campaign go right ahead. but what i ask of the suppliers who chose to say that such action is needed is to at least provide backup as to why they claim it and not just use the verbatium going around about what is possible if you know something then disclose it, and to start having the liquid and devices tested to at least get the ball rolling on FDA submission. also it would be nice of the assocation to disclose some of it's plans and ideas to at least allevate the public concern.

Last edited:
Let's go the current trend... Have A Tea Party!!! (no offense UK members)

"Unlike in the 1958 cult movie The Blob, which featured a creature from outer space that consumed everything to which it attached itself, government is a homegrown monster, consuming ever-increasing amounts of capital," Cal Thomas writes. "And this government blob doesn't discriminate. It grows no matter which party is in charge."

We all get together for a huge rally or local rallies, we all puff away in a mass of "civil disobedience" led by Nitzkin, Godshall, Siegel, Stearns & Goerlitz petition (fill it out), polls (fill them out)

Last edited:

eplanet

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
To all concerned about the ECA.
all of the above concerns are valid. The ECA is a newly formed association. There will be a statement, and there is a lot that needs to be accomplished. We are not trying to blacklist anyone! If we do not self regulate, someone else will regulate us and that very well may mean no more ecigs in the USA.
The future is in our hands otherwise big pharma will run this show and that would effect everyone!!! Please be patient, things are about to move extremely fast. There are some very big players involved and the groundwork is being laid out.
We will need everyone's support (and I do mean everyone's).
It is quite possible that history is about to be made, please bare with us on our journey.

PEACE

Ramblin

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Columbia, Missouri
I would rather see a privately owned seal of approval on devices and consumable items.

Underwriters Laboratories® is an independent product safety certification organization that has been testing products and writing standards for safety for more than a century. UL evaluates more than 19,000 types of products, components, materials and systems annually with 21 billion UL Marks appearing on 72,000 manufacturers' products each year. UL's worldwide family of companies and network of service providers includes 62 laboratory, testing and certification facilities serving customers in 99 countries.

Underwriters Laboratories Inc.

The United States Pharmacopeia (USP) is an official public standards–setting authority for all prescription and over–the–counter medicines and other health care products manufactured or sold in the United States.

USP is a non-governmental, not-for-profit public health organization whose independent, volunteer experts work under strict conflict–of–interest rules to set its scientific standards.
About USP

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Look, this thread was started to let you guys know that something big is in the works, and it would be beneficial to EVERYONE to do whatever you can to contact the political "powers that be" and ask your friends and their friends to do the same.

Yes, we are not disclosing everything as of yet, but please believe me when I say that we are looking out for everyone's best interests (and not only our own).

I look around and see that it is starting to get a bit out of hand. You guys are feeding off of each other's speculation and conspiracy theories. Let's try to stick to the subject at hand (contacting your senators, congressmen, and friends).

Remember, all we are asking is for you guys to voice your opinions to the people where it counts the most..

Keep the faith guys, and keep on vapin!

I think you dropped this in the wrong thread, bro.

Retina_Burn

Mar 12, 2009
Kansas USA
You know, these are the kinds of things that encourage price fixing and other BS that rapes consumers. Self regulation better be a business ethical guidelines type of thing. And honestly, read the Nicowater FDA rulings, I was very skeptical about the FDA being able to effectively ban these the liquid at first but now I am sure they will. That isn't the only product either. FDA Shuts Off Nicotine Water Spigot - CBS News. This stuff will be banned for sale using marketing tactics such as Tobacco Replacement Therapy, Food additive and supplement. Guaranteed. If they do not..... They will have at least 5-7 companies that they have placed their dirty little bans on, coming out of the woodwork for an appeal. And with good reason too. It'll never happen. Time to face facts and find alternate marketing hooks that do not include human consumption, which is pretty easily done to this in liquid form. Yes, you probably will make history if you are allowed to self regulate the PV market as a whole. It will be the fastest appeals submission to FDA bans ever!

RjG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Edmonton AB Canada
To all concerned about the ECA.
all of the above concerns are valid. The ECA is a newly formed association. There will be a statement...There are some very big players involved and the groundwork is being laid out.
We will need everyone's support (and I do mean everyone's)....

For the act of getting together to battle impending FDA restrictions as a group, I applaud these vendor's efforts.

Hopefully the effort won't slide into the dark-side with efforts of price-fixing, and forcing members into limiting their inventory to please the consortium.

Could you imagine if the ECA decided to impose a blanket restriction on their members...
Like what if they said "The markup is WAY better on little bottles. Hey, let's ALL just sell little 15ml bottles instead of 30 or 50ml. As long as we are at it, let's limit it to 24 mg, that'll take care of those "DIY diluters" cutting into our margin. Anyone who doesn't comply is OUT."

Would the ECA have to power to do that?

Perhaps the statement of intention should be brought forth prior to asking for support...

Thoughts anybody?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread