Jul 15, 2012
Costa Mesa, ca
3yqa9ydu.jpg

Free u only need a drenel with a cutting disc

Namuh

Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
California
still cant get my #19 to fire again. Changed the switch spring, changed the brass nut that i replaced the switch magnet with, and tightened the top spring. Did i mess up my mod? These are mechs so theres no electronics to fry. Need help guys dont want to scrap a perfectly good new device.

Make sure that when you press the switch that the brass nut is clearing past the white plastic part of the switch otherwise you won't be making contact to the battery.

Thraizer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Nj

chillaxing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
los angeles, ca
Make sure that when you press the switch that the brass nut is clearing past the white plastic part of the switch otherwise you won't be making contact to the battery.
Thanks for the help. But found out the problem. It was the conductive glue and nut that I replaced the switch magnet with. When the glue drys it doesn't conduct very well. Now I have to drill and tap and not be lazy this time :)

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
So I just got around to tinkering with the magnets some more, trying to make a true magnetic switch. Mission accomplished :D

The copper wire worked pretty well but I didn't like having to add a wire into the mix to make my mechanical mod work. Then I widened the bottom coil of the switch spring which worked pretty well too. I was able to get rid of the switch spring all together and this mod is hitting better than ever!

I used the top magnet from the nzonic cap:

I was able to push the magnet out of place by unscrewing the positive post with pliers:

I cut a washer for the magnet out of a small spacer from a little Plano tackle case:

Magnets in place pushing the battery up:

The opposing force is about if not a little more than the stock spring. Conductivity seems to be pretty great (no measurements, just hitting really well) and not a misfire yet. I can screw the mod all the way together with no gaps and the throw is truly tiny, maybe 1/32", or I can loosen the telescoping section a bit for a nicer throw.. really enjoying this so far. The icing on the cake is the magnets are actually powerful enough that I can still set it down upright unlocked and it won't fire! :)

I don't think this has been posted in here yet. If you have the 19b (the version with the top spring instead of a magnet), remove the top spring, cut the the little screw hole out of the spring, and then you can use the softer top spring in the bottom button. It does not contact the switch housing so you will have to either do the washer trick or the copper wire trick to make the switch shaft the connection point. Works great, very easy throw, but still strong enough to hold a full tank of juice and then a bit more without firing itself.

Namuh

Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
California
If you're in the uk and buggered up your switch, vapegear are now selling the whole assembly :) and there's no glue on them

Sigelei Telescope

Anyone in the U.S. sell that bottom switch? I have a small deep scratch on mine from dropping it as I came out of my car onto asphalt.It bugs me seeing that gouge there now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread