Status
Not open for further replies.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Thanks bro. I just ordered it. Come to find out the hybrid adapter at vaperev was also only in matte so I ordered both.
On another note I can't hate on the Texans. After all Kubiak was a Bronco for a LONG time.... :p

If you haven't ordered from Cloud 9 before they are a great sight.

Yea Im just giving you a hard time The Broncos are a force to be reckoned with this year. Ill help cheer them on if the Texans dont make the playoffs ;-)

Paul.K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
California
If you haven't ordered from Cloud 9 before they are a great sight.

Yea Im just giving you a hard time The Broncos are a force to be reckoned with this year. Ill help cheer them on if the Texans dont make the playoffs ;-)

I usually like to shop at vaperev but with this I just can't wait. Their shipments are held up in customs so who knows how long it would be. One question I had on the Nivel chip, there is no PWM correct?

I'm just not going to jinx them this year but yeah. Let Go BRONCOSSSS!!!

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I usually like to shop at vaperev but with this I just can't wait. Their shipments are held up in customs so who knows how long it would be. One question I had on the Nivel chip, there is no PWM correct?

I'm just not going to jinx them this year but yeah. Let Go BRONCOSSSS!!!

Im not 100% sure but its not the low end PWM like the Vamo, SVD, ect.... It dose not do the rattle snake. Provari uses PWM

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I did a under load test with a Provari and a Semovar
I put both mods at 4.2 volts first I used a atty that measured 2.7ohms
The Provari under load 4.2 volts
The Semovar under load 4.19

Next I used a dual coil atty measuring 1.7 ohms
Both mods set at 4.2 V
Provari Measured 4.19
Semovar 4.17

So it seems in my mind The Provari is still the champ its close just a couple hundredths of a volt but the Provari is regulated just a little better.

Also the Semovar will work with a inline meter so its not the cheap low frequency PWM chip the Chinese use.

I used a 510 to 510 extension with alligator clip leads hooked to a multi meter for the test.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
SvoeMesto Kayfun V3.1 ES - Semi-Polished - Cloud 9 Vaping

Im not sure but this might be a match.

Nooooooooooooooo dont do it!!!!!! Everyone knows Russians like the Texans;-)

I like the Texans!

deep22s-4-web_zps118226df.jpg

Tapped out

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I guess it's dc then. I heard in a podcast with the creator of the Nivel chip and he says it's dc. Navy-lifeguard says it's dc in his YouTube video as well.

The Nivel is a good performer. It ranks up there with the Provari and Evolve. The Semovar has more bells and whistles. So its one of the best production mods available IMO. Im keeping an eye out for the mechanical switch.

Paul.K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
California
The Nivel is a good performer. It ranks up there with the Provari and Evolve. The Semovar has more bells and whistles. So its one of the best production mods available IMO. Im keeping an eye out for the mechanical switch.
After a full day of use I like it very much. Is it that much better than others? Probably not. I didn't get it because of VW as I mostly use VV mode anyhow. I do like the adjustable top and bottom contacts. Still trying to master the menu tho lol.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place

Both mods set at 4.2 V
Provari Measured 4.19
Semovar 4.17

So it seems in my mind The Provari is still the champ its close just a couple hundredths of a volt but the Provari is regulated just a little better.

Also the Semovar will work with a inline meter so its not the cheap low frequency PWM chip the Chinese use.

I used a 510 to 510 extension with alligator clip leads hooked to a multi meter for the test.

NIce. Very nice. *Looks back at the Provari and says, "way to go!"* LOL

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
What do you use for a switch when using mechanical? Do they make a battery cap that acts as a pressure switch? I'd really like that.
the preproduction information shows a typical bottom style button.
several different heads are available as well

A rendering I saw once showed a side button unit as well but i havent seen any info on that for quite sometime and cant even find the picture anymore. so most likely it will just be the bottom button.

SonHouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
Seminole
What I said is not wrong. I said "automatically adjusts voltage to meet a specific wattage depending what ohm coil you're using." that's exactly what VW does. Guess what you do when you vary the voltage on your Provari...you also vary the wattage while the resistance stays constant.

I agree that "Provape designed a consistent, durable, reliable and easy to use safe regulated mod and that was their plan and they still haven't dropped in sales".

However, with DNA20 and Nivel chipped mods coming on to the market, if Provape doesn't continue to evolve, they will get left behind. The same way Microsoft got left behind when Apple and Google climbed up the ranks. A company cannot afford to rest on their laurels in such a young competitive market.

That's the thing... A year ago, Provape was WAY ahead of the times and WAY ahead of the pack. However, in just a short year, the pack is catching up...and even starting to leave Provape behind at this point. DNA20 and Nivel chipped mods are a prime example. Not to mention most come with different tubes to run 18350, 18500, and 18650 without buying a whole new device. Provari needs to understand that if you rest on your laurels, you'll end up like many other once-unsinkable companies.

This is no hate on Provari. I don't own one, and will probably never own one. But that's not a knock on Provari either, as I have moved into box mods recently.

The Bogger Box mods are indeed classy looking units...and they perform incredibly.

Again... I don't get this thinking. VW IS VV...and VV IS VW. By the laws (Ohm's and Watt's), when the resistance value remains constant, if you vary one, you vary the other. The only thing that changes is the way in which the power is displayed (Volts or Watts).

So... If you have a 1.5 Ohm coil on your Provari, and you're running it at 4.0 volts. You're vaping at 10.66 watts. If you turn up the voltage to 4.5 on that same 1.5 ohm coil...you're now vaping at 13.5 watts.

See? When the resistance remains constant, when you vary the voltage...you also vary the wattage....and vice versa.
Actually, the difference between the two is large in some situations, minor in others. Voltage or the potential difference is the ability to do work. The amount of energy transferred by an electrical system is the wattage. The work being done in this case is raising the temperature of an e-liquid and forming vapor.

So, back to my opening statement. If you use one or a few devices which are close to the same resistance and efficiency, there is little difference between the two because they are related and you don't have to adjust either. If you use multiple devices of varying resistances with the same efficiency, it makes a big difference because having a fixed wattage means you can transition between them without adjusting while a fixed voltage will need to be adjusted for each resistance to keep the amount of energy being transferred by the system constant. If you use multiple devices of the same resistance with varying efficiencies you'll need to adjust both of them. If you're just using a few well-known devices where you know the operating ranges, it's also pretty meaningless, since you know what settings you like and changing is pretty much automatic.

On to the important stuff. This APV looks really, really good. So far about the only knock I have against it is the 3.5 amp current limitation and that really isn't all that significant to me since I stay comfortably under that most of the time. And, for those times, mechanical with kick. And the KayFun for the hybrid appeal. And it looks great doing the hybrid thing too! Only real bugaboo is the service question. Has any one gotten an answer on what would need to be done if it needed repair here in the States?

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...

Both mods set at 4.2 V
Provari Measured 4.19
Semovar 4.17

under actual usage I doubt anybody could tell the difference- not only with these devices but many others ,also(like any dna20). but if it helps you sleep at night more power to you.........

Frankenmizer

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Dimension V
This thread has gone pretty deep, so please excuse me for not reading all the way through and possibly restating something:

I have the ProVari, a DNA-20 mod (Fluid Cyborg), and the Semovar with the Nivel chip. I am only speaking to battery life in this post.

In order, from longest life to shortest, my experience has been ProVari..DNA-20....Nivel.

The ProVari circuit and the Evolv DNA-20 are close in battery life, but the Nivel eats batteries for breakfast by comparison - close to 2 times faster than the DNA-20 and ProVari.

I welcome others to post their experience with the Nivel-based mods.

PS: All based on subjective experience. I didn't run a "Full Busardo" on it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread