Smok xPro M50 Mini Box Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

thanantos

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
One word of caution regarding that Panasonic NCR18650B battery, it has a 6.8 amp continuous rating and the Xpro M50 has a max amp rating of 13A. I wouldn't push that battery with any coils lower than about 1.2ohms if you plan on running the Xpro up to 50w. It's a great battery for running stock 1.6/1.8 Aspire and 1.2/1.5/1.8 Kanger coils. I'm considering the same battery for the Cloupor Mini I've ordered from FT.

Well, that sucks. I was planning on using the device with an Atlantis. O well, maybe I can sell it to a friend.

EDIT: Big thanks to Cotay. I was able to cancel my order. Thanks!

Last edited:

Circa Survivor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2014
Omaha, NE
After my failure I guess I should ask. What battery would you recommend for this device. Something that has a decent size, but can handle a 0.5 ohm build at 50 watts.

Seems like the Panasonic NCR18650PF might fit the bill nicely?

I have mostly Samsung 25Rs or LG HE2s. I have a few VTC4s and 5s, but those are hard to come by now. Any of those would be just fine.

3alouka

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Alexandria, Egypt
After my failure I guess I should ask. What battery would you recommend for this device. Something that has a decent size, but can handle a 0.5 ohm build at 50 watts.

Seems like the Panasonic NCR18650PF might fit the bill nicely?

I'm here for this. I'm waiting on my M50 to arrive and need to know what type of batteries would fit in the M50? flat top, button top, both? AFAIK you can use this mod as a mechanical mod with a maximum amp rating of 13A. What does this translate into in the battery world? Is a 20A battery like the samsung enough to chuck the power needed to cover those 13A safely on low builds? Is the samsung 25r 20A enough or should we get a higher amp battery?

BTW, i got the Grey (dark silver) color. Which colors did you guys order? If any of you ordered the grey color and received it, is it nice? Are the buttons the same color as the mod or are they silver? I've been thinking they should be the same color, as i guess the silver buttons are for the M36 and M22, and i might be wrong.

thanantos

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2013
I'm here for this. I'm waiting on my M50 to arrive and need to know what type of batteries would fit in the M50? flat top, button top, both? AFAIK you can use this mod as a mechanical mod with a maximum amp rating of 13A. What does this translate into in the battery world? Is a 20A battery like the samsung enough to chuck the power needed to cover those 13A safely on low builds? Is the samsung 25r 20A enough or should we get a higher amp battery?

BTW, i got the Grey (dark silver) color. Which colors did you guys order? If any of you ordered the grey color and received it, is it nice? Are the buttons the same color as the mod or are they silver? I've been thinking they should be the same color, as i guess the silver buttons are for the M36 and M22, and i might be wrong.

I am thinking about the Panasonic NCR18650BD battery. It has 3200mah and 10 amp limit. I don't have any plans to ever use the "mech" mode and will be pushing usually no more than 30 watts on a 0.5 ohm Atlantis. I think this should work fine, but I am open to what other think. What will work for you will take a bit more research, but here there is a good demonstration and discussion of some popular mech batteries.

As far as the color goes, I also ordered the gray as well because it was what I saw and liked at my local B&M shop. The buttons on that model are the same color as the mod itself. They were charging $120 though so they can .... off. I'll wait just wait two weeks.

Bleheri

Jul 13, 2014
Denmark

Only flat top battery`s will fit in this device :)

3alouka

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Alexandria, Egypt
I am thinking about the Panasonic NCR18650BD battery. It has 3200mah and 10 amp limit. I don't have any plans to ever use the "mech" mode and will be pushing usually no more than 30 watts on a 0.5 ohm Atlantis. I think this should work fine, but I am open to what other think. What will work for you will take a bit more research, but here there is a good demonstration and discussion of some popular mech batteries.

As far as the color goes, I also ordered the gray as well because it was what I saw and liked at my local B&M shop. The buttons on that model are the same color as the mod itself. They were charging $120 though so they can .... off. I'll wait just wait two weeks.

If i may suggest, you might also wanna check the samsung INR18650-25R 2500mAh High Discharge Flat Top, good batteries and they should be more than enough if you wanna go down to ,5 ohm. They have 22amp limit and are really cheap but make sure you get them from a trusted seller. I guess it's what's everyone is using now that the sony batteries are vanishing.

thanantos

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2013
If i may suggest, you might also wanna check the samsung INR18650-25R 2500mAh High Discharge Flat Top, good batteries and they should be more than enough if you wanna go down to ,5 ohm. They have 22amp limit and are really cheap but make sure you get them from a trusted seller. I guess it's what's everyone is using now that the sony batteries are vanishing.

Hey thanks a lot. I am still making my decision, but going with a trusted battery like this seems like the smart way to go. However, going with a higher MAH battery is so damn tempting. I just have to remind myself to realize it's about safety, and to remember how I intend use this device. I plan to continue using my MVP with Kayfun or Nautilus at work and the M50 with Atlantis when I get home. There should never be a battery limit issue.

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
Hey thanks a lot. I am still making my decision, but going with a trusted battery like this seems like the smart way to go. However, going with a higher MAH battery is so damn tempting. I just have to remind myself to realize it's about safety, and to remember how I intend use this device. I plan to continue using my MVP with Kayfun or Nautilus at work and the M50 with Atlantis when I get home. There should never be a battery limit issue.

Run your intended builds with the applicable wattage through vapecalc.com. That will tell you what amps you are looking at drawing.

ObsceneJesster

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Baltimore

That is what I am using in my M50. These batteries are great and they work great with this box. I easily get an entire day and then some out of it. My M50 usually stays at 30 watts but every once in a while, I'll take it up to 45 with my after dinner vape.

ObsceneJesster

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Baltimore
We just got these in our shop yesterday. Love the case, it recesses the buttons based on how it is formed. Very light. Heard it will not pass through charge. It charges very fast though. Bit pricey for 50 watts. We are selling them for 90.99.

I don't think the M50 is pricy at all. I actually think it's the best deal going right now. Then again, I got mine from a local B&M for $64.99. Not $90

thanantos

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2013
u
I don't think the M50 is pricy at all. I actually think it's the best deal going right now. Then again, I got mine from a local B&M for $64.99. Not $90

My local B&M had them for $120. At $65 I would have walked out of there happy as a clam, but here I sit waiting 2 weeks from China because I refure to pay $120 for a $48 device.

ObsceneJesster

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Baltimore
u

My local B&M had them for $120. At $65 I would have walked out of there happy as a clam, but here I sit waiting 2 weeks from China because I refure to pay $120 for a $48 device.

LOL @ $120. Did you ask them if it was a joke?

There are a few B&M's around me that do nothing but rip off people who don't know any better. I won't even go to these places anymore. Then there are 2 B&M's around me who price things farely. I don't mind paying a little more for something. I understand that these B&M's need to keep the lights on but at the same time, I refuse to feel ripped off. These B&M's selling mods for close to or more than double the cost know exactly what they're doing. They know they're ripping people off.

bobby james

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Chicago
Got mine today. So far I like it a lot.

IMG_20150107_120226.jpg

IMG_20150107_120236.jpg

IMG_20150107_120258.jpg

I don't know why the pics came out rotated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread