Smok xPro M50 Mini Box Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

thanantos

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
LOL @ $120. Did you ask them if it was a joke?

There are a few B&M's around me that do nothing but rip off people who don't know any better. I won't even go to these places anymore. Then there are 2 B&M's around me who price things farely. I don't mind paying a little more for something. I understand that these B&M's need to keep the lights on but at the same time, I refuse to feel ripped off. These B&M's selling mods for close to or more than double the cost know exactly what they're doing. They know they're ripping people off.

I wanted to, but I also don't want to sour the relationship because they are the only shop around that carries devices like this.

I'll get my revenge by examining the devices there and then buying online.

Bleheri

Jul 13, 2014
Denmark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFJUdq0fpB0

Apparently the fire button can be pulled off from the outside(in his case, fall off) and be replaced with the rubber button, wich comes as a spare.
Not gonna try it yet, but tought i would post the info.

Here is mine next to a 20w Istick, both with full size Lemo`s
IMG_20150105_204420.jpg

thanantos

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2013
Well, ordered it from vape b2b on Jan 6 and it left China late last night! Used the ePacket option to Canada, which works nicely in the past from FT. Normally 6-10 business days to arrive.

Ugh, been stuck in preshipment for a couple days. Hopefully it's moving along anyway.

Attachments

• shipping.jpg
    shipping.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

ObsceneJesster

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Baltimore
I saw someone post about their OHM readings fluctuating up and down.

I just want to report that after using the M50 for a week, it appears as if the OHM readings on mine are spot on. I have been testing them with different coils and it has shown an accurate reading each time. No fluctuating with my M50.

On another note, I ...... my wife off about 15 minutes ago. I was downstairs running the M50 at 45 watts on a .4 ohm coil and set the damn smoke detector off for the first time. It wouldn't have ...... her of so bad had it not woken our baby up. O-well......learned my lesson.......Unplug the smoke detector!!! =)

thanantos

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2013
With this technology you can never have the "latest, greatest model" there is always another.

Thankfully, mine is processing through Chicago right now which, based on previous experience, means I should have mine on Monday or Tuesday. That's pretty impressive if it happens that way. Fingers crossed for 10 days shipping from Shenzen.

I ordered an Atlantis with the M50, but I have a few other RBA's that I would really like to test the power and sub-ohm abilities of this device out with. Specifically a TOBH clone, a Marquis clone and an Orchid V4 that should be delivered tomorrow.

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
I've been following this thread as the M50 looks like it will be among the choices for my next purchase.

Please know that battery current draw (amps) is different on a regulated mod as compared to a mechanical.

Assuming the XPro M50 has a low battery cutoff of 3.2V, it can pull approximately 17.2A off the battery @ 50W. This device REQUIRES the minimum of a 20A battery, which currently limits you to 2500mAh.

Looking forward to reading more feedback.

Kloverz158

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2015
ATL
I been using my m50 for over 3weeks now. For the price it's not bad. Some of my cons are battery life. Ohms are jumpy like for instance with my Subtank it would jump from 0.5 to 1.8 yea it's crazy to see a sub ohm coil to jump that high. So I switch it up to my Aspire I don't get a high spike in this tank but everytime I let the screen turn of then I would go to firing it the ohms will always read out .
0.4. After a few clicks it read 0.5. If you are like me and expect a better product send it back until they get this problem resolve. I know for a fact this is a problem with all the M line the spiking of ohms or the droping. And only a handful claims that they have a good read out. I sent my back since Madvapes have a 90 days warranty.

ObsceneJesster

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Baltimore
I been using my m50 for over 3weeks now. For the price it's not bad. Some of my cons are battery life. Ohms are jumpy like for instance with my Subtank it would jump from 0.5 to 1.8 yea it's crazy to see a sub ohm coil to jump that high. So I switch it up to my Aspire I don't get a high spike in this tank but everytime I let the screen turn of then I would go to firing it the ohms will always read out .
0.4. After a few clicks it read 0.5. If you are like me and expect a better product send it back until they get this problem resolve. I know for a fact this is a problem with all the M line the spiking of ohms or the droping. And only a handful claims that they have a good read out. I sent my back since Madvapes have a 90 days warranty.

My Ohm readings don't fluctuate. The worst I've experienced is the reading being off by .1

Also, my battery life is good. I easily get an entire day of chain vaping. For the record, I am using a baby blue Samsung 2500. I am also impressed with how fast this mod charges. I've never seen a mod charge this fast off of a USB cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread