Smokers told me not to Vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Araddoman

Oct 30, 2009
Where I work there is an older woman that smokes Misty 120s and has probably smoked for decades now. She tends to hack up a lung every half hour or so and every time she has one of her "spells" she likes to give excuses why shes coughing, whether it be the air, something with a nearby shop, or whatever. Last week she saw my joye 510 for the first time (been at it for a few weeks), and she seemed interested in what it was, where I got it, etc. I told her if she tried one she would probably like it. She proceeded to kind of shake her head and tell me that she "needs cigarettes because....." the rest of the sentence was mumbled and I couldn't really make it out.

The truth of the matter is (IMO), she is afraid of change. She probably also feels a little defensive (to herself at least) or guilty that she chooses to continue smoking cigarettes instead of trying a pv. She's a nice lady, pretty intelligent, and I get along with her well. Change is probably the kicker for her though. Now replace this friendly and intelligent coworker of mine with a random stranger who isn't so friendly or intelligent. It's easy to see how they could get almost to the point of being aggressive with someone in the same type of scenario. The people who tend to act the most stupid and aggressive for no reason in public are those that KNOW they are either wrong or likely to have the wrong of things.

That said, I agree that there are MANY apparently beyond stupid people all over. I'm sure that some or a lot of them just seem that way due to them having a bad day/month or are somehow not good in public, but it's incredible either way. They say for the most part everyone is born with the same slate (for common sense anyway), and that you are who you are through your total life experiences. But ......n, sometimes I wonder exactly HOW some people turn out to be so ignorant. It doesn't seem possible.

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
welp I got wierd looks DJing the other night. people kept coming up to the booth asking why I had a really slow blue strobe light by my face... too bad they were too drunk to listen... :p
I've had some ask where my haze machine is. You should see the looks I get when I reply "In my mouth"

speksynder

Sep 26, 2009
CT
I recently vaped in a dance club that uses a haze machine. When the cocktail waitresses/bouncers et al scrambled over to tell me to put out the "cigarette," I patiently 'splained that they were basically pumping out haze-machine-sized vapes for everyone in the place. Needless to say, I ended up enjoying "smoking" in a nightclub for the first time in years, since they banned cigs in bars. It was awesome. :evil:

ladysolitary85

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2009
California
Where I work there is an older woman that smokes Misty 120s and has probably smoked for decades now. She tends to hack up a lung every half hour or so and every time she has one of her "spells" she likes to give excuses why shes coughing, whether it be the air, something with a nearby shop, or whatever. Last week she saw my joye 510 for the first time (been at it for a few weeks), and she seemed interested in what it was, where I got it, etc. I told her if she tried one she would probably like it. She proceeded to kind of shake her head and tell me that she "needs cigarettes because....." the rest of the sentence was mumbled and I couldn't really make it out.

The truth of the matter is (IMO), she is afraid of change. She probably also feels a little defensive (to herself at least) or guilty that she chooses to continue smoking cigarettes instead of trying a pv. She's a nice lady, pretty intelligent, and I get along with her well. Change is probably the kicker for her though. Now replace this friendly and intelligent coworker of mine with a random stranger who isn't so friendly or intelligent. It's easy to see how they could get almost to the point of being aggressive with someone in the same type of scenario. The people who tend to act the most stupid and aggressive for no reason in public are those that KNOW they are either wrong or likely to have the wrong of things.

That said, I agree that there are MANY apparently beyond stupid people all over. I'm sure that some or a lot of them just seem that way due to them having a bad day/month or are somehow not good in public, but it's incredible either way. They say for the most part everyone is born with the same slate (for common sense anyway), and that you are who you are through your total life experiences. But ......n, sometimes I wonder exactly HOW some people turn out to be so ignorant. It doesn't seem possible.

Yea no kidding... its amazing people are afraid of change.... why can't their be more open minded people in this world?

I get to argue with one of my good friends when he talks about your inhaling water.... :rolleyes:

What is air made out of? geez....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread