SmokeStik and Daniel Sunjata announce a new electronic cigarette for 9/11 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

susie22321

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
St. Clair Shores, MI
www.smokestik.com
halligan_bannerjoomla.jpg
twohalligans.jpg

SmokeStik is proud to be partnered with Daniel Sunjata and the FealGood Foundation in this endeavor.The Halligan was co-designed by SmokeStik and Mr Sunjata. We hope you will enjoy using this new electronic cigarette and that it will serve as a reminder to “never forget” the great courage and sacrifice displayed by the First Responders as well as those who came later to help in the aftermath of Sept 11th 2001.

Daniel Sunjata is a Tony Award-nominated American actor whose career spans television, the silver screen, and the stage. Mr. Daniel Sunjata currently plays a New York City firefighter on the television show, Rescue Me. He is allowing SmokeStik to use his name in connection with their new model, The Halligan.

Daniel was active in helping design this product to be a tribute to First Responders and NY City firefighters/EMTs. He and SmokeStik are going to be donating a portion of the proceeds to the FealGood Foundation. Mr Sunjata is sincere and dedicated in his stalwart support of 9/11 Responders and their families. On September 27, 2007, Sunjata was honored at The Latin Pride Awards (held in Boston, MA) with a special recognition titled “Voice of the Millions” which is given to people who use their power and public visibility to speak out on behalf of those who cannot speak for themselves. The award was given in part for his representation of the Latino community on Rescue Me as fire-fighter Franco Rivera.

Mission statement of the FealGood Foundation: The primary mission of the FealGood Foundation, a non-profit organization, is to spread awareness and educate the public about the catastrophic health effects on 9/11 first responders, as well as to provide assistance to relieve these great heroes of the financial burdens placed on them over the last eight years. A secondary goal of the Foundation is to create a network of advocacy on 9/11 healthcare issues. We not only advocate for Ground Zero workers, but show others how they can advocate for themselves and help others through grassroots activism.

A Halligan bar (also called a Halligan tool or Hallagan) is a special forcible entry tool commonly used by firefighters and law enforcement. It was designed by and named after Hugh Halligan, a First Deputy Fire Chief in the New York City Fire Department, in 1948. While the tool was developed by a Deputy Chief of the New York City Fire Department, the department did not initially purchase it because of a perceived conflict of interest in buying from a member of the department. The City of Boston Fire Department was the first major customer of the tool, purchasing one for every fire company in their city. The tool was popular enough that members of New York ladder companies went out and bought it with their own money until the department ultimately decided to purchase the tool.

halligantool.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

susie22321

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
St. Clair Shores, MI
www.smokestik.com
Today, from WebWire!

Actor Daniel Sunjata, best known for his portrayal of firefighter “Franco Rivera” in the critically-acclaimed FX series Rescue Me, (returning for its seventh and final season this month), has partnered with SmokeStik to create his own signature SmokeStik dubbed The Halligan.

25% of proceeds from sales of The Halligan will benefit The FealGood Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to spreading awareness about the catastrophic health effects on 9/11 first responders, as well as to provide assistance to relieve these great heroes of the financial burdens placed on them since September 11, 2001.

"I decided to create the signature Halligan SmokeStik because I have great passion for the cause of helping 9/11’s first responders, especially after playing my role as a fictional FDNY firefighter. My partnership with Halligan SmokeStik will help all of the heroes who are still on the job inhale less smoke and simultaneously raise money for some of 9/11’s biggest heroes. Partnering with SmokeStik was a win-win for me" says Sunjata.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread