UPDATE!! SmokeStik Post Memorial Day Contest.....check out this fabulous new battery! In Honor of 9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

susie22321

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
St. Clair Shores, MI
www.smokestik.com
CRITTER :) ...now THAT'S funny!

smileylaugh.gif

rob5482

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
new york
Got mine today, looks awesome!!!!! Think one of the batteries is no good though, have to check it further. Thanks again for the gift and the recognition. Will more then likely give this to one of my old Chiefs that has had many respiratory problems from 9/11 but refuses to quit smoking.

Update: Was able to charge one battery but the other will not charge. It's fine though, they look great!!!

Last edited:

rob5482

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
new york
I just want to clarify. I in no way am blaming or upset in any way that one battery doesn't work. I would have pm'd directly but I cant on my phone (internet is funky here sometimes) and I wanted to let you guys know that I got the package. I just figured you as a company would appreciate the information for stocking and Q and A.

It is hard to express tone over the internet which is why I tried to post as short and to the point as I could. I do not need a replacement at all nor was I looking for one.

Well thanks again, and I am sorry if people took this wrong.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Don't worry about it. You DO need a replacement....these little guys...these 4081's...even the XL's....dont hold a charge long enough to try to get through the day on only one battery for most people. Unless they are very light smokers.....which is hard to imagine for a guy under as much stress as a fire Chief.

Unless you convince me that you really have a DOA battery your getting the charger as well. If someone can't use the kit what good is it...LOL .

hey!!!....where did you come from Susie?!?!?! I'm typing away and all of a sudden there you are.......

Last edited:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
ok you convinced me. :) All you need is a new battery......that battery sounds like it has a broken lead wire...but we will want to see it to know for sure. Dropping them on a hard surface can do that. (not saying you dropped it....the postal service is not know for it's gentle treatment of packages).

rob5482

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
new york
Thats what I was thinking as well. The other battery charges fine in the charger with the kit, so it is definitely the battery it self. I have gotten a few packages from the post office (one marked EXTREMELY FRAGILE) in pieces. Where should I send the batt back so you guys can check it and catalog it.

@Sussie, I know that's how you guys are, you are great for doing this! I wish more places were like this.

PS, wont be able to send it back till maybe tues, Hurricane Irene bearing down on NY and in the area I am in may have about 3 feet of water in the streets. LOL anyone got a boat I can borrow???

Got mine today, looks awesome!!!!! Think one of the batteries is no good though, have to check it further. Thanks again for the gift and the recognition. Will more then likely give this to one of my old Chiefs that has had many respiratory problems from 9/11 but refuses to quit smoking.

Update: Was able to charge one battery but the other will not charge. It's fine though, they look great!!!

I had the same problem but oh well they were free

Well that is mighty unusual......all of a sudden it doesn't work? Or it never worked from the time you got it?

I tried it after i saw that post cause I was going to give them to my mom one stays charged the other not for very long , It's not a big deal I'm just happy I won a contest and greatful thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread