Not open for further replies.

AJMoore

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Here and back
I agree 100% with Maxx.

Time to go in a totally different direction, and use the power of the web plus a guerilla campaign to counter the dirty tricks, misrepresentations and outright lies of the opposition.

Mr Nice Guy has fallen flat on his xxxx. Time for Mr Nasty.

..............Yeah Buddy!

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
I concur with you Jerry as do quite a few others. I think you will see some movement toward the goals you speak of soon.

Thanks,

Sun

Sun, I really don't think that we are going to change the FDA's stance, they have shown their inflexibility and bias against e-cigs. I really believe that unquestionable proof that e-cigs are safe could be put before them and they would discount it.

I do not want to discourage anyone from making pro e-cig comments to the FDA, but IMO I don't think it is going to accomplish anything (I hope I am wrong). We have to go another route (Congress?) and try to get e-cigs away from the control of the FDA. Again this is only my personal opinion.

I base my stance on what happened in Amateur Radio and our dealings with the FCC. They wanted to drop the Morse Code requirement for getting a license, but they asked for comments before they did. Myself and many hams that I knew, left comments in favor of keeping the code requirement. We based our comments on it dividing the community into "code hams" and "no-code hams", among other points. The FCC discounted our "pro code" comments, based on "that there is nothing new in our arguments, so they are irrelevant". Then they proceeded to do what they wanted to do in the first place and dropped the code requirement. Their asking for comments was a farce. I believe it is the same with the FDA, they have already made up their minds, comments are just a formality.

Rolygate.....right on !!!! No more mister nice guy !!!! :thumb:

Last edited:

karmatized

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
New York USA
www.happysmokes.com
here is a example, of public tactics, hold a little public protest with signs and stuff outside the office of who ever is supporting any bills to ban, but heres the catch, call the local news. This is not a issue of Simply having the congress and senate know we are here. Its a issue of the public. Anything that spreads this information helps. These people in office aren't afraid of us. They are afraid of not getting votes in the next election. So you must effect that.

Dont just go complain and bother people. Actually get attention thats what helps.
Once they see news cameras in front of there office filming protesters they Start to understand real quick.
If you ask me we need to fight this on 2 levels.
1 officially dealing with the coart and the fda
and 2 with a underground network of people to plan and enact protests and public disturbances to get attention. That includes Social Media Raids of all kind.

Oh and Some Real PSA's Would Help

Disrupt the everyday cycle and people notice.

Last edited:

Lithium1330

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2008
Mexico
Recently in my country, we stop a law to increase taxes for Internet service, the congress wanted to stamp a special tax for telecommunications (cable, telephone and Internet services) we used twitter to protest, thousands of people made comments and at the end, congressmen changed their minds and taxed only cable and telephone services.

While I know the importance of fight the FDA and lobbying at the congress, our strength resides on the Internet, we need to show our numbers and make a lot of noise, we need also to grow those numbers, maybe with a campaign to give e-cigarettes to smokers to try for free.

I know this idea may sound weird or even silly, but believe me, twitter is a massive network that can help us to put the word out to the general public and more important, to smokers and/or smoker's families.

If you have never used twitter, you'll be amazed with the simplicity of it, just give it a try, to make a channel or comment to a channel, you just need to write something like #EcigarettesSaveLives your comment goes here where #EcigarettesSaveLives is the name of the channel and that is it, then we could encourage bloggers and webmasters to embed this channel in their blogs and websites, we just need a good name for the channel, a strong, direct, catchy name and only one! in the campaign we made in my country, we used #InternetNecesario and everybody sticked with it, this is very important!

This is a simple way to start a revolutionary campaign, we can use this channel to inform people about important things or protests, IMO this is a very effective, simple and cheap way to use PR in our favor.

Last edited:

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
You know, I really think Lithium has something there. You see it make the news every time there is a large groundswell of tweets on Twitter about one thing or another. If nothing else, it would definitely draw some attention.

I also like karmatized thoughts. Can't you imagine a crowd of vapers quietly vaping away right in front of the FDA's offices and holding signs that say "I quit smoking after X amount of years thanks to an e-cig"? lol I also noticed that one protest, the Tax Revolt, has a website where anyone who can't make it to Washington on the 15th can join in online with their own little avatar. Pretty nifty idea!

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
I am particularly disappointed by how little effort people have put into supporting the AAPHP petition to the FDA.

64? That leaves thousands of people here not stepping up when there's a call to arms. Sad.

Mister, not all of the blame can be laid on the members of this forum. It would appear that a sizeable number of comments that have been left by our members are not being posted. My comment of March 3 is still not appearing, nor is Kristin's of March 10. One possibility is that FDA may be censoring our comments to keep out any comment that contains irrefutable criticism of their actions. This was posted by CES:

Why can't I see a comment I submitted?

Once your comment is received, the appropriate agency must process it before it is posted to Regulations.gov. Given the fact that certain regulations may have thousands of comments, processing may take several weeks before it may be viewed online.

Once processed, your comment is publicly viewable on Regulations.gov. The best way to find it is to enter your Comment Tracking Number in the search field on the homepage. You can also search by Keyword or Submitter Name.

If several weeks have elapsed and you still do not see your comment, it may be inconsistent with the agency's guidelines for posting comments.*

Another reason your comment may not be shown is that certain agencies choose not to post any comments to Regulations.gov. Contact the Help Desk for this list of agencies.

For questions regarding a specific comment, contact the agency directly.

*Bolded by Vocalek

I have asked all who leave a comment to cut and paste the success message (see sample below) into this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...4891-comments-please-aaphp-petitions-fda.html so that we can keep track of how many of our comments are being censored by the FDA. (So much for FDA's new "transparancy initiative").

Success! Your Comment Has Been Submitted

Comment Tracking Number: 80ad5cf1

Thank you for submitting a comment on the following OTHER

Document ID: FDA-2010-P-0093-0001: American Association of Public Health Physicians, tobacco Control Task Force (AAPHP) - Citizen Petition

Please make sure that you capture the Document ID line that specifies which document you made your comment about.

Thanks for your support in this.

Mister

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Nanaimo BC Canada
Mister, not all of the blame can be laid on the members of this forum. It would appear that a sizeable number of comments that have been left by our members are not being posted. My comment of March 3 is still not appearing, nor is Kristin's of March 10. One possibility is that FDA may be censoring our comments to keep out any comment that contains irrefutable criticism of their actions.
This sure is a disturbing development. It leaves us with no way to know how many comments have actually been submitted. Hopefully a number of people will post their tracking numbers and in a week or so we'll have some idea of how much has been suppressed.

Mister

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Nanaimo BC Canada
You might also want to make note that when I went to repost last night there were only 27 comments listed for the petition for the FDA to follow up. Are we speaking of the same docket folder? Because if so, it seems comments may be disappearing.
27 is the number of comments I'm seeing on the secondary petition, the one regarding the press conference, FDA-2010-P-0093-0001.

The reclassification petition, FDA-2010-P-0095-0001, is still showing 64 comments at the moment.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Elaine, do you have the link to where the comments are. I must be getting senile, but I can't find it. I did leave comment, but with only 64 showing up, I'm guessing mine is not there and may have gotten censored. If so, Ill comment again and record was was submitted as you suggest. Thanks, Jim

Lithium1330

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2008
Mexico
The ECF has an account on Twitter, the link is at the top right corner of this page. I don't know anything about Twitter or Facebook, but I think it's something I should look into.

Yes, I recently saw it, an account is different from a channel, everybody needs an account to use twitter, once you have an account you can micropost to one or several channels, everybody with an account can create a channel by simple post #NameOfChannel message then everybody else can post to that channel by using #NameOfChannel, then others can search for this specific channel and read all the comments that others posted to that specific channel and bloggers and webmasters can embed this channel to show only this specific channels.

This helps to keep us informed at the second and shows our numbers in the public updates on twitter plus the viral component of embed the channel in blogs i.e. If someone organize a protest at the FDA headquarters, they can use this channel to inform people about it in real time, people can access twitter really fast and simple via cell phones.

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
Yes, I recently saw it, an account is different from a channel, everybody needs an account to use twitter, once you have an account you can micropost to one or several channels, everybody with an account can create a channel by simple post #NameOfChannel message then everybody else can post to that channel by using #NameOfChannel, then others can search for this specific channel and read all the comments that others posted to that specific channel and bloggers and webmasters can embed this channel to show only this specific channels.

This helps to keep us informed at the second and shows our numbers in the public updates on twitter plus the viral component of embed the channel in blogs i.e. If someone organize a protest at the FDA headquarters, they can use this channel to inform people about it in real time, people can access twitter really fast and simple via cell phones.

Thanks, Lithium. Like I said, I know nothing about Twitter, but maybe it is time I learn.

Lithium1330

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2008
Mexico
Thanks, Lithium. Like I said, I know nothing about Twitter, but maybe it is time I learn.

Please do, it is easy and it can help us to gain a lot of public attention and twitter is nothing like facebook, facebook is more for socialize, twitter is a massive stream of info and updates in real time, I really didn't want to say this, but twitter is helping us to stay informed and keep us save from the violence we are having here in Mexico right now and it is a lot more effective on this matter than the media.

Last edited:
Here you go Jim:

Regulations.gov

Regulations.gov

Also, for future reference, they can be found on CASAA's home page.

I'll have to check and see if my comments actually made it past the gauntlet....I'm guessing they did not.

I THINK I saved it to my computer, tho...I'll have to go look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread