asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
Ok TV, here you go.

Grovsnus White, portions, and black.

I'm putting these all together because the taste is pretty much the same across the board. The only difference that I can detect from them is in nic content in Grov Black, which is higher.
To me the taste is almost like amaretto. Almost sweet, but not quite. Lower salt content. Over all, my favorite snus. The flavor lasts for about an hour, and all of the pouches feel good in my mouth.

hey Skrymr..i had to lookup what amaretto tastes like since i dont drink alcohol.

so is amaretto like a nutty flavor? i like that u said almost sweet but not quite. if you can...could you describe the flavor in a bit more detail? like the initial taste.....during...and towards the end. sorry if i seem like a pain. im asking because ive had a bad experience with skoal pouches and general white and i would like to choose future snus purchases a bit more carefully and to my liking :)

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
ive had the packet in for about 30 minutes...and out for about 10 minutes now. my inner upper lip tastes like lemony salt:(

That's the bergamot taste Stubby was talking about. Traditional Swedish stuff, I'm not a fan either. Gonna give the Skurf a try, though. Rose oil may be the key to making bergamot taste not too bad.

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
That's the bergamot taste Stubby was talking about. Traditional Swedish stuff, I'm not a fan either. Gonna give the Skurf a try, though. Rose oil may be the key to making bergamot taste not too bad.

ahhhh...ok.

i didnt get that too much with the General dry mini mint....it was vey weak at best....only a really light hint of it which was ok.

ok so i need to find flavors that wont give me that "bergamot" taste.

now...do all of the "mint" flavors of swedish snus have the bergmot taste? are there any non mint snus that dont have that taste as strong?

Skrymr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2009
ahhhh...ok.

i didnt get that too much with the General dry mini mint....it was vey weak at best....only a really light hint of it which was ok.

ok so i need to find flavors that wont give me that "bergamot" taste.

now...do all of the "mint" flavors of swedish snus have the bergmot taste? are there any non mint snus that dont have that taste as strong?

There are several non-bergamont snus out there. Grovsnus, Ettan, Nick & Johnny to name a few. Oh yeah, and Lab 01 & 02.

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
for the brands you listed...is it accross the board no bergmont in all of their types of snus?

Not the brands, but the names of the particular snus. For instance, Lab 01/02 is a nice, mild tobacco flavor with a hint of nuttiness. But General is the actual manufacturer. All the ones stated above have no bergamot.

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
Not the brands, but the names of the particular snus. For instance, Lab 01/02 is a nice, mild tobacco flavor with a hint of nuttiness. But General is the actual manufacturer. All the ones stated above have no bergamot.

thanks TV for clearing that up :)

Lab sounds like one i will try

Debbie

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
South Jersey
Discreet Snus, Strawberry: The taste isn't very good. I think I would prefer a tobacco flavor to this ugly strawberry flavor. Ick!

02, Strong Portion: Not bad at all. My husband likes them even more than I do. He only vapes tobacco flavor ejuice. I tend to like different flavors. Much better than the strawberry. Very strong nic. We both like to wet them down before putting them in our mouths. It takes too long to start working dry, and burns more.

I had a sample pack of General Mini's. They weren't bad tasting, but also weren't very strong.

I have many others I haven't tried yet. I'll give reviews once I finish up the yucky strawberry. :D

Debbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread