Snus reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
Anyone here had an apple flavored snus they could give me a quick review of? The hubby uses Skoal apple pouches, and I would really like to get him off the fermented stuff.

As always, thanks! You guys are the best.

The only one that comes to mind is Gotlands Green, but I'm afraid that's going to be very different from Skoal. I assume Skoal is sweet and Gotlands is the typical salty swedish type snus.

I would suggest your hubby take a look at this thread over at snuson

SnusOn.com - Snus Forum :: View topic - Dipper's Guide to Snus

If he's willing to try some different things there are some very helpful ex-dippers over there.

Skrymr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2009
Ok, I'm reviving this thread for my Off Road Coffee Vanilla review.

I received my first Northerner order today. I think i placed the order 9 or 10 days ago? Either way, I got it a lot faster than I was expecting.

I ordered 20 cans and got a free can of the OR CV as well. First, the smell. Actually very pleasant. Like a sweet cappucino, with the tobacco scent under it. I had Sherry smell it and she actually tried a portion. that alone shocked me. Initial flavor is a little bitter, I think it's from the tobacco. Then I got the coffee vanilla, which is VERY nice. Like a vanilla cappuccino. I haven't had a coffee with one in yet, but I can't wait to try it. The flavor lasts about an hour before fading away, and it does just fade. No bitter ending like I've gotten from other flavored snus. The sweetness of the flavor is, I think, cut by the tobacco. This was my biggest concern, whether it would be too sweet, but it's not.

My only wish with this snus is that I would like a sterk version. Never the less, this will join Grov Black in my regular rotation.

I'm glad I got 20 cans unless Sherry likes it. (she hasn't told me yet) If she likes it, I'll need at least 20 more.....

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
Ok, I'm reviving this thread for my Off Road Coffee Vanilla review.

I received my first Northerner order today. I think i placed the order 9 or 10 days ago? Either way, I got it a lot faster than I was expecting.

I ordered 20 cans and got a free can of the OR CV as well. First, the smell. Actually very pleasant. Like a sweet cappucino, with the tobacco scent under it. I had Sherry smell it and she actually tried a portion. that alone shocked me. Initial flavor is a little bitter, I think it's from the tobacco. Then I got the coffee vanilla, which is VERY nice. Like a vanilla cappuccino. I haven't had a coffee with one in yet, but I can't wait to try it. The flavor lasts about an hour before fading away, and it does just fade. No bitter ending like I've gotten from other flavored snus. The sweetness of the flavor is, I think, cut by the tobacco. This was my biggest concern, whether it would be too sweet, but it's not.

My only wish with this snus is that I would like a sterk version. Never the less, this will join Grov Black in my regular rotation.

I'm glad I got 20 cans unless Sherry likes it. (she hasn't told me yet) If she likes it, I'll need at least 20 more.....

very nice review scrymr....great detail..sounds like a great after dinner snus :)

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
Skrymr, you hit the nail on the head for me too. OR C/V is as tasty as it sounds and makes the perfect snus for my drive home/end of the day snus after a long day of extra sterk. And after the flavoring seems gone, the 'baccy is really nice. Now, as to the real coffee....eh, the OR C/V seems flavorless to me if I use it with the real thing.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
White portions, low salt.
The taste of the eucalyptus is almost a 50/50 balance with the mild tobacco. Almost get the astringent taste of the eucalyptus but not quite. The flavor is more of a tease then an in your face affair.

Puts me in mind of the taste that develops in your throat when you have something like Vicks smeared on your chest.

meh

I got my monster swag box from Jonathan at clubsnus.. Beanie mug coasters fridge mates per roll they are perfect I have alternated cans in them. a few prismsters and a huge friggin grip of general samplers so I will get some buttoned up for BCB and get those to him.

Now skruf... smells putrid but low salt low flavor of tobacco KICK ... high octane nic. Just about peeled my scalp off. I love it.

Thunder... Slight citrus very pungent, mellows fast has a wicked burn to it but that means it is working. Skulled me faster than skruf.

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
Hmmm, your box-o-goodies sounds worthy, I'm afraid mine'll be hats and/or t-shirts..:(.

Skurf ES is good good good. Workin' it's way to the top of my "A" list in short order. The nic hit of the Thunder is what sucks me in every time. Neither the Skurf or Oden punch as hard, even though they're 'sposed to be a little higher nic. Had to back off the Frosted for a while, the spearmint oil is gettin' aggressive on my gums.

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
Skruf Tranbar Portions

I wish i could like it but the more i take it the more i dont enjoy it.

it starts out good..nice dried fruit flavor...similar to Roda Lacket with a nice tobacco. i also get a hint of rubber cement glue? i dont know how else to decribe it.

the fruit flavor fades fast and the tobacco becomes more dominant...but that glue taste lingers. then the flavor fades and becomes bitter.

im hoping that the scruf original and los i ordered doesnt have that similar glue taste and doesnt get bitter at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread