Snus reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
02, Strong Portion: Not bad at all. My husband likes them even more than I do. He only vapes tobacco flavor ejuice. I tend to like different flavors. Much better than the strawberry. Very strong nic. We both like to wet them down before putting them in our mouths. It takes too long to start working dry, and burns more.
Debbie

Hi ya Debbie, happy to hear you and hubby a gettin' along with the snus :). 02 is another "A" lister for me. And they go great with a cup of joe. Matter of fact, Dredbull dunks his in a cup before he puts it in.

will do..im starting a list of what i may like based on what many of you guys like and dont like :)

If you order from Get snus at GetSnus.com and can handle an order of 5 cans, they throw in 1 additional "mystery can" no charge. Might be a can of General White, but who knows....it's still fun :).

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
i decide to revisit the general white portion sampler today.

second time around wasnt soo bad...i guess my tastebuds needed a good nights rest.

i still taste the salty lemony flavor but not has strong or sharp as yesterday.

still not very pleasnt....but bearable...im hoping it gets better down the road :)

Skrymr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2009

second time around wasnt soo bad...i guess my tastebuds needed a good nights rest.

still not very pleasnt....but bearable...im hoping it gets better down the road :)

Once you get used to the salt, the true flavors come out better. After a couple days or a week you're taste buds adapt to the salt, and most snus tastes different.

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco

If you like licorice LD black is excellent.

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
Once you get used to the salt, the true flavors come out better. After a couple days or a week you're taste buds adapt to the salt, and most snus tastes different.

cool...will General white still have the lemony berganot taste? or will that taste change as well. what other flavor or taste will i expect to start emerging from snus? probably depens on the snus right:)

Skrymr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2009
cool...will General white still have the lemony berganot taste? or will that taste change as well. what other flavor or taste will i expect to start emerging from snus? probably depens on the snus right:)

The bergamont flavor, for me, became more pronounced. It depends on the snus. I wouldn't throw anything out, sometimes if you revisit them later you find out you like them.

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
I'm a big fan of Oden's ES Kanel los so couldn't resist the Original portion.

As with Kanel, Original is very mild. Portions are typical size and seem really soft next to the gum, average moisture and not wet as I thought they'd be.

Taste is comparable to Grovsnus, but on a much milder scale, something I like. A good tobacco with a little more salt than Grov. Not any more pronounce than the flavor level of Lab 02.
Longevity isn't what I expected. Flavor was good for about an hour on the outside, then faded and held a bit on the bitter side.

Nic is good, however, they're advertised as 17mg portions, but didn't hit me that way. Thunder (16mg) seems fairly stronger and the effects last longer than the Oden. I'll usually keep a Thunder in for around 2 hours, then go for about 2 hours before putting in another. I had the Oden in for 2 hours, then went straight for a Thunder since the need for more nic was chewing on me.

All in all I really like the Oden's Original ES and will be another "A" lister...but at this point I'd consider it a "stark" without the "extra". It's not as smooth as their los, but I think that comes from the tobacco spray they wet the portions with. I can live with it. So, on to the ratings:

Portion size, moisture and comfort=4.75/5
Taste=4/5
Longevity=2.5/5
Strength=3.5/5

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
I've done a few cans of the Oden's original portions, not the ES though, and I think your review is on the mark as for the flavor. Nice mild taste and kind of a sweetness to it. Oden claims it's not because any sweeteners are added but because a sweet tobacco is mixed in. Flavor does fad and it does get a bit bitter if kept in to long. Its good while it last. Haven't tried the loose but with the wealth of tobacco flavored snus I've been trying out lately It may be awhile before I get to that.

Now the Oden's kanel loose is a winner for me. Good stuff indeed. Using some at the moment as a matter of fact.

TV, I meant to get back to you on the Prima Fint. Been a bit busy lately. To early for a definitive review but I'll give you my initial reactions.

Prima Fint is most definitely a mild tobacco snus. That part of it is very nice. Much more so then Grovsnus or even Ettan. The reviews I've read said it was a mild sweet tobacco flavor. All true, but what I wasn't expecting was the smokiness. It's a bit up fount and center. I know a lot of people like that, but I'm not one of them. A little smoke flavor goes a long way for me. The closest I can compare it to is a mild version of Phantom Brown white (haven't had the loose). The Phantom is very similar in many ways but with a stronger flavor. It can also turn on me at times, and well, there's often an off flavor, while the Prima Fint never does. Never a sour or bitter note from Prima Flint. Who knows, as I work through the rest of the can, and there's a lot left to work on, I may get over the, a bit to smoky for me feeling, but for now I may just finish up the two cans I have and leave it at that. I could see how for some this would be a big winner.

Last edited:

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
Stubby, I really think the bit of salt and the eventual bitterness come from the 'baccy spray on the Oden. Surely they use the same base mix across the board and I've never had a hint of either from the los. Pure pleasure from start to finish on the los.

I haven't had anything I'd consider "smokey" in snus. Sounds good, but I can see it starting to gnaw on a guy after a while. Might throw some in my Northerner cart for a try and see how well it goes with a cup of coffee :).

slybootz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Chicago
www.jimmyk.rocks
Hi ya Debbie, happy to hear you and hubby a gettin' along with the snus :). 02 is another "A" lister for me. And they go great with a cup of joe. Matter of fact, Dredbull dunks his in a cup before he puts it in.

I agree with the lab02 going great with coffee! I almost never use the lab02 without a nice cup of joe :). I might have to try Dred's technique of dunking a portion in my coffee before!

I find this happens a lot, which is why I like to always stay on a varying rotation of snus. My tastebuds definitely adjust to something after a little time.
I wouldn't throw anything out, sometimes if you revisit them later you find out you like them.

Agreed!

I'm putting together my SackThePACTact snus order right now, going to get a few rolls of my favorites, and a few cans of some new snus. Has anyone tried the Oden's Cinnamon portions? I haven't tried anything from the Oden's family yet, so I don't know what to expect.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
I haven't had anything I'd consider "smokey" in snus. Sounds good, but I can see it starting to gnaw on a guy after a while. Might throw some in my Northerner cart for a try and see how well it goes with a cup of coffee :).

Did the Prima Fint all night at work, and it's still a big no go. Just not a smoke fan. If I limit myself to one or so a day it's okay, but after that.... not so good.

Not all is lost. An unexpected surprise is Gellivare loose. Very interesting and very good snus. Mellow, rich, dark... what could I say... this stuff actually smells good. Kind of like a mild, rich, slightly spicy pipe tobacco. I'm picking up some spice, something like allspice. Goes very well with the tobacco taste. Like nothing else I've tried. Odd thing about it is the first time I tried it I tasted nothing. I mean really nothing. It was late and my taste buds where a bit fried. Next day I started tasting it, but it took awhile to figure it out. Still don't have it down but a must try for all tobacco lovers.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
Tell me about the Ettan and Ettan white? Any difference?

C.

I mean difference in taste.

I've only done one can of Ettan OP and lots of Ettan white (though I did get a Ettan OP as a freebee with my last getsnus order). From my memory the OP is a bit richer tasting but doesn't last as long. Odd things is I prefer the white as it became a very dependable everyday snus. I want something that last a while for that and the OP gives it up to fast.

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
I've only done one can of Ettan OP and lots of Ettan white (though I did get a Ettan OP as a freebee with my last getsnus order). From my memory the OP is a bit richer tasting but doesn't last as long. Odd things is I prefer the white as it became a very dependable everyday snus. I want something that last a while for that and the OP gives it up to fast.

Thanks Stubby! Did want to order one can to try out. Will go for the white.

:)

C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread