• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

So can you vape during bootcamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moueix

Moved On
Aug 20, 2012
Michigan and Iowa
DAMN it! Why couldn't I have been first to this thread?!? I was allllll ready to tell him how his TI was his friend, and to think of him as a confidant and tour guide there to help him learn his way around and explain all of his benefits and perks, and help him sort out any personal issues and stuff! You guys are NO fun at all...

Moueix

Moved On
Aug 20, 2012
Michigan and Iowa
My son went through boot a couple years ago. Navy. I couldn't believe when he told me they have civvies washing the dishes in chow. What is UP WITH THAT?!?

I quit smoking a few months before going in in the 70's. Given the choice between "Smoke em if.." or "House Party", it didn't take me long to pick it back up. The good ole days, when you got punished for NOT being a smoker..

QBerry21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2012
Sherwood, Oregon
Good luck on keeping ANY of your personal possessions. lol They even rob you of your dignity... lol I don't know which one you'll be stationed at though, and it most definitely depends. But if you're going INF then you'll be going to Benning. I was lucky they let me call my family 3 times the entire time I was there... lol

Mustang73064

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
Mustang, OK
LOL... Here it is the 237th Birthday of the United States Marine Corps and reading all these entries is giving me flashbacks.

I landed on the Yellow Footprints in March 1970 at Parris Island ...... retired many years later.

Happy Birthday Marines and thank you every Vet on 11 Nov.

Time to go watch the first part of Full Metal Jacket (Been there, done that, got the tattoo/t-shirt/coffee cup) :)

Semper Fi

SneakyVapper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2013
FPO AP
Ok I was a Drill Sergeant a short while ago. Just came off the trail. If you think you get anything personal on basic you're wrong. You get some family pics, your wallet, and something religious. That's it. Get over yourself, its not about you, you're ARMY property or government property at that point. We own you. So leave that stuff at home, get your big boy/girl pants and suck it up for 10 - 16 weeks depending on branch of service. Just my 2 cents. By the way get at parade rest when you post. Lol.

Totally started hearing the drums again. That was pretty awesome.

PVPuff&Stuff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Bishop, California, United States
Totally started hearing the drums again. That was pretty awesome.

Yeah, but I have a suspicion that sneakyvapper and I know something the SGT didn't know.

We totally got stuff past you all the time in boot.

I remember smoking a rollie out on the balcony with like 12 other boots, every night for a month.

3 or 4 of their family members would send love letters with a bit of tobacco in the envelope.

A couple others sent a single rolling paper and a match head.

Combine them together and you'd end up with a nice smoke to pass around for the few in "the know".

But....no, you aren't going to vape in boot. :D

(Drums, what was he saying about drums?)

blackcatchief

Verified Member
Jan 11, 2013
Virginia Beach
You would be surprised. I smoked for 5 years before joing the Navy. You are running around doing so much, not enough sleep, you don't even have time to think about it. I quit until the day I graduated, then it was off to the gas station and strip club in San Diego. The people that snuck around, and found a way to smoke, to me those are the ones that I don't want in the military because they will work harder at ther own interests instead of doing what they are told.

This is a joke right? I know boot camps was a few years ago for me (2006). In the Marines no smoking dipping candy sleep and a minute for chow. Vapeing would not be allowed and may Chesty have pity on your soul if the Drill Instructor catches your ... would be IT'ed till your heart popped. Awww the good ole days no first name can't do nothing right but your learn what you need to stay alive during deployments. Been to both Iraq And Afghanistan forget about vapeing listen to your instructors.

USNRET

Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Well think of bootcamp in the 40's and 50's?? or for that matter in time of war (WWI, WWII, and Korean war) The supply drops had cigarettes for the troops, Are we smarter now than we were back then? I went to NAVY bootcamp at great lakes in early 70's it was a different then than it is today, You could smoke when it was time to smoke, we carried our smoke's and matches in our sock so they couldn't see them, if we got caught sneeking a smoke, the company commander would make you put the whole pack in your mouth and leave them for an hour, today you would get a "TIME OUT"

PVPuff&Stuff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Bishop, California, United States
This is a joke right? I know boot camps was a few years ago for me (2006). In the Marines no smoking dipping candy sleep and a minute for chow. Vapeing would not be allowed and may Chesty have pity on your soul if the Drill Instructor catches your ... would be IT'ed till your heart popped. Awww the good ole days no first name can't do nothing right but your learn what you need to stay alive during deployments. Been to both Iraq And Afghanistan forget about vapeing listen to your instructors.

Yeah....when you decide to go it's best to just go with your decision. We (C008) would have been on the Wall of Fame if it wasn't for one spongehead that couldn't pay attention. Not that it would have mattered, but it still bothers me.

Wall of Fame. We would have had our company flag painted on the barracks walls!

;)

Murdock Ruml

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
Alaska
Not any more.

And to answer the OP. actually I am pretty sure I already posted this. But back in AUG 2010 the surgeon general put ecigs in the same class as tobacco. Which means it falls under the tobacco policy. So, no vaping will be allowed in basic. Or in government buildings or GOVs for that matter. This of course is an AF policy, so I can't speak for the other branches.

I do not agree with this policy especially since it basically included findings from the FDA that have been proven to be skewed, but I understand the policy. For example, a doctor walking around the hospital vaping might not portray a professional military image. Did it stop me from vaping at work? No, I just had to be careful where I was and who was watching. Cuz I'll be damned if I was gonna go out to the smokeshack.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread