• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

So can you vape during bootcamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Underdawg736

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Lancaster, Pa
I went thru OSUT at Knox in '97, no smoking whatsoever. Like a lot of folks said, you'll be too busy or too tied and definately both to smoke. Nights were the worst though, fast asleep in the middle of a great dream puffing on those cigs only to wake up thinking you're smoking and slap the ever loving stuffing out of yourself and your rack thinking you dropped the cig and burning something up! Fun times!

Fortunately we were allowed to get outta there for Christmas Exodus, for a week you went home for Christmas and New Years. Tell ya though it was a .... going back as the nic fits were twice as bad as the first go around.
I did sneak a smoke with another guy once, he got caught, I didn't. Needless to say after seeing the punishment he received....I didn't do that again.
The worst though was our barracks were right next to the Marines AIT equivalent barracks. They were allowed to smoke and our Drills frequently visited their smoke shack, in full view to us........fun times indeed!

Kristin0624

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Bradenton, Florida, United States
Ok I was a Drill Sergeant a short while ago. Just came off the trail. If you think you get anything personal on basic you're wrong. You get some family pics, your wallet, and something religious. That's it. Get over yourself, its not about you, you're ARMY property or government property at that point. We own you. So leave that stuff at home, get your big boy/girl pants and suck it up for 10 - 16 weeks depending on branch of service. Just my 2 cents. By the way get at parade rest when you post. Lol.

Family pics? If the military wanted you to have a family, they would have issued you one!!!!! :)

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

Kristin0624

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Bradenton, Florida, United States
If you're going to Paris Island, then the answer is a huge NO! You won't have time to do anything other than what you're told. If you try and sneak something past your drill instructors....like an ecig, they will take it from you and kill you with it. Well, you'll wish they killed you with it lol. Leave that stuff at home and do yourself a favor.

Jelly donut. Full Metal Jacket. Enough said. :)

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Ah!! The memories!!! Fort Jackson SC in the Fall of 81' WWII Barracks, 3 male in a row, 1 female across from the first.. Smokes?? Oh Yea!! Every 50 minutes... Chew? Yeppers! Vapes? Who?? LOL

And to think, next month I'm looking at CSM in a totally different service!! LMAO!!

But I agree.. Forget about it.. what every habit you think you got.. you lost it the second you get on that cattle car!!

Ok I was a Drill Sergeant a short while ago. Just came off the trail. If you think you get anything personal on basic you're wrong. You get some family pics, your wallet, and something religious. That's it. Get over yourself, its not about you, you're ARMY property or government property at that point. We own you. So leave that stuff at home, get your big boy/girl pants and suck it up for 10 - 16 weeks depending on branch of service. Just my 2 cents. By the way get at parade rest when you post. Lol.

lol "Don't look at me in that tone of voice" and "Shut your mouth when you are speaking to me" were two of my drill sergeant's favorite phrases

You or whomever we are talking about will not be allowed to vape during bootcamp. The first thing they do when you get to basic is have you put everything you came with into a box to be shipped back home, right down to your underwear.

nothing was sent home in my boot camp. everything was put into a "personal bag" and locked away until graduation day

rogergendron1

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
woburn ma
I looked up Bootcamp rules and all tobacco products are strictly forbidden (cigs, chew, snuff etc...) but nowhere does it mention nicotine being forbidden. so i have a question for miltiary vapers, did you vape during bootcamp and was your drill instructor cool with it?

Lol lol lol lol wut ??????!!

During basic I couldnt even eat a pice of pie or have a cup of soda without being called a fat body and what is that a fattty cake !!! Drop private!!! The re is no smoking at all lol if your even found with a smoke the whole company will be smoked lol. What the hell makes you think they woukd let you vape ?

Ok here is what woukld happen .....
Me vaping ...ds walks up ..... W t f is that private !!! ITS A VAPORIZER DRILL SERGEANT . WHAT THE F#CK DO YOU HAVE A VAPORIZER FOR ? ummm ahhh ummm idk drill sergeant .... pRIVATE GIVE ME THAT F.ING THING RIGHT NOW !!!! Watches as ds smashes pv repeatedly against the pavment lol lol lol

Ahhh the good old days .... But you never know now, I mean I hear basic and boot camps are dulling down from when I enlisted. I hear horror stories of people having cell phones in basic ???? And being able to buy and have candy W t f ???? For 9 months (basic and ait oust) I saw a pay phone at the px once a month.....and ate what I was told and candy was not on the menue

cloudsUnderway

Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
San Diego, CA
There was one kid in my boot DIV that got a chance to smoke, but he was throwing up blood and had to get rushed to the ER. The RDC's felt that he at least deserved a cigarette. One of my old Air Force buddies from college that went through basic before Korea said they got a chance to smoke on Sundays. Other than having the perfect scenario occur for you, you'll have to be patient like the rest of us.

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
I went thru OSUT at Knox in '97, no smoking whatsoever. Like a lot of folks said, you'll be too busy or too tied and definately both to smoke. Nights were the worst though, fast asleep in the middle of a great dream puffing on those cigs only to wake up thinking you're smoking and slap the ever loving stuffing out of yourself and your rack thinking you dropped the cig and burning something up! Fun times!

Fortunately we were allowed to get outta there for Christmas Exodus, for a week you went home for Christmas and New Years. Tell ya though it was a .... going back as the nic fits were twice as bad as the first go around.
I did sneak a smoke with another guy once, he got caught, I didn't. Needless to say after seeing the punishment he received....I didn't do that again.
The worst though was our barracks were right next to the Marines AIT equivalent barracks. They were allowed to smoke and our Drills frequently visited their smoke shack, in full view to us........fun times indeed!

19D Scout? I went through in 97 as well, scouts out!

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
It would NOT end well!

018600.jpg

Ask me how I know

Last edited:

PIZZLE89

Oct 23, 2013
Salt Lake City
Pff...we got the ever-loving stuffing smoked out of us if we even asked.
The old "smoke 'em if you got 'em" no longer applies - no cigs, no chew, no vaping, nothing.
I don't doubt that it will change soon - I'm hearing nowadays kids can have their cellphones at BCT (at least in the Army).
Hell, I went through 5 years ago and we still had DS' smacking people around willy-nilly.
Then again, it WAS Fort Benning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread