The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

So can you vape during bootcamp?

Discussion in 'Armed Services Forum' started by Tregs, Jul 31, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. oldbikeguy

oldbikeguy ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

2. Cha0s13

Cha0s13 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2013
    Jacksonville, Fl
    I was worried about not being able to smoke while I was in basic,I joined the Army in 92, i was so scared s*#%less, i didnt think about smoking during bootcamp lol. Smoked in AIT though..

3. Underdawg736

Underdawg736 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2013
    Lancaster, Pa
    I went thru OSUT at Knox in '97, no smoking whatsoever. Like a lot of folks said, you'll be too busy or too tied and definately both to smoke. Nights were the worst though, fast asleep in the middle of a great dream puffing on those cigs only to wake up thinking you're smoking and slap the ever loving stuffing out of yourself and your rack thinking you dropped the cig and burning something up! Fun times!

Fortunately we were allowed to get outta there for Christmas Exodus, for a week you went home for Christmas and New Years. Tell ya though it was a .... going back as the nic fits were twice as bad as the first go around.
    I did sneak a smoke with another guy once, he got caught, I didn't. Needless to say after seeing the punishment he received....I didn't do that again.
    The worst though was our barracks were right next to the Marines AIT equivalent barracks. They were allowed to smoke and our Drills frequently visited their smoke shack, in full view to us........fun times indeed!

4. Kristin0624

Kristin0624 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Family pics? If the military wanted you to have a family, they would have issued you one!!!!! :)

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

5. Kristin0624

Kristin0624 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jelly donut. Full Metal Jacket. Enough said. :)

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

6. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Ah!! The memories!!! Fort Jackson SC in the Fall of 81' WWII Barracks, 3 male in a row, 1 female across from the first.. Smokes?? Oh Yea!! Every 50 minutes... Chew? Yeppers! Vapes? Who?? LOL

And to think, next month I'm looking at CSM in a totally different service!! LMAO!!

But I agree.. Forget about it.. what every habit you think you got.. you lost it the second you get on that cattle car!!

7. vrodder

vrodder Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2013
    East Central Alabama
    No smoking or anything in Basic now. Basic for me was Ft. Dix 1975. That's when smoking started for me. Cigarettes in the C-Ration accessory packet. That & not having to do every cruddy detail the Drill would find for the non-smokers when they hollered "Smoke 'em if ya gottem!!"

8. wrath72212

wrath72212 Full Member

lol "Don't look at me in that tone of voice" and "Shut your mouth when you are speaking to me" were two of my drill sergeant's favorite phrases

9. wrath72212

wrath72212 Full Member

nothing was sent home in my boot camp. everything was put into a "personal bag" and locked away until graduation day

10. rogergendron1

rogergendron1 Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2013
    woburn ma

Lol lol lol lol wut ??????!!

During basic I couldnt even eat a pice of pie or have a cup of soda without being called a fat body and what is that a fattty cake !!! Drop private!!! The re is no smoking at all lol if your even found with a smoke the whole company will be smoked lol. What the hell makes you think they woukd let you vape ?

Ok here is what woukld happen .....
    Me vaping ...ds walks up ..... W t f is that private !!! ITS A VAPORIZER DRILL SERGEANT . WHAT THE F#CK DO YOU HAVE A VAPORIZER FOR ? ummm ahhh ummm idk drill sergeant .... pRIVATE GIVE ME THAT F.ING THING RIGHT NOW !!!! Watches as ds smashes pv repeatedly against the pavment lol lol lol

Ahhh the good old days .... But you never know now, I mean I hear basic and boot camps are dulling down from when I enlisted. I hear horror stories of people having cell phones in basic ???? And being able to buy and have candy W t f ???? For 9 months (basic and ait oust) I saw a pay phone at the px once a month.....and ate what I was told and candy was not on the menue

11. rogergendron1

rogergendron1 Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2013
    woburn ma

I just got an instant flashback of some ....... yelling at ease at 2am and everyone jumping the f#ck out of there racks.
    And then I roflao..

12. ejuiceconnoisseur

ejuiceconnoisseur Reviewer / Blogger ECF Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    Melbourne, FL
    Is it enjoyable for you? It is? Then ..... NO! PUSH NOW!!!!!!

13. ejuiceconnoisseur

ejuiceconnoisseur Reviewer / Blogger ECF Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    Melbourne, FL
  14. EatBacon

EatBacon Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Vape'n in BCT, you guys are crazy............

15. cloudsUnderway

cloudsUnderway Senior Member Verified Member

Oct 17, 2013
    San Diego, CA
    There was one kid in my boot DIV that got a chance to smoke, but he was throwing up blood and had to get rushed to the ER. The RDC's felt that he at least deserved a cigarette. One of my old Air Force buddies from college that went through basic before Korea said they got a chance to smoke on Sundays. Other than having the perfect scenario occur for you, you'll have to be patient like the rest of us.

16. Jzaelke

Jzaelke Full Member Verified Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Jacksonville, NC
    I'm gonna go ahead and say hell no

17. Mantrid9

Mantrid9 Full Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Hey I was in the army and yeah you could very easily hide a little Ecig & vape in the bathroom.
    But how you going to charge it???
    Can't hide away enough batteries or for that matter e juice.
    There is absolutely NO WAY you can vape.
    Hell you will be so busy it won't be a problem anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Tapatalk 2

18. Njt07

Njt07 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2011
    Ft Hood TX
    19D Scout? I went through in 97 as well, scouts out!

19. WarHawk-AVG

WarHawk-AVG Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2013
    H-Town
    It would NOT end well!

[​IMG]

Ask me how I know

20. PIZZLE89

PIZZLE89 Full Member

Oct 23, 2013
    Salt Lake City
    Pff...we got the ever-loving stuffing smoked out of us if we even asked.
    The old "smoke 'em if you got 'em" no longer applies - no cigs, no chew, no vaping, nothing.
    I don't doubt that it will change soon - I'm hearing nowadays kids can have their cellphones at BCT (at least in the Army).
    Hell, I went through 5 years ago and we still had DS' smacking people around willy-nilly.
    Then again, it WAS Fort Benning...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.