So . . . What's Everyone Think about Their SI MVP2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
I like mine a lot. I have to admit that I probably should have gotten one of the 510/Ego threaded versions. My original plan was to use the Volt Mini Clearomizers with my MVP (among other delivery devices) but I never use the Mini Clearos with my MVP. Besides the Iclear 16's that came with it, every delivery device I have used is Ego threaded and requires an adapter. Not a big deal but I should have given it more thought before I pulled the trigger.

Aside from my own misjudgment, my Volt MVP is fantastic. No performance issues whatsoever. It's durable as all get out and the battery life is very impressive. It only takes 2.5 to 3.5 hours to charge depending on how long I wait to put it on the charger. I usually wait until a few puffs after the light turns red and at that point it takes about 3 hours to charge. Not too shabby.

I must take long vapes because I have read about vapers getting nearly 1,000 puffs out of their MVP's before the light turns red. I average about 740 puffs and I only vape between 3.5-4.0 volts. I'm very happy with that but it amazes me that some get almost 1,000 puffs.

I like the box design too. It's a true pleasure to use while kicking back in my easy chair here at home. Feels great in my hand and although I only use it at home, I like the fact that it doesn't look anything like a cigarette or a marital aid.

I've had mine for about three months and haven't had a single problem with it. I'm very impressed.

I got mine when SI was having a really good sale (around the first of December) and with a few Volt points that I had I only had to pay 45 dollars and some change with shipping included.

I think if you like the looks of the Volt MVP you will like the feel and performance even better. It's a great mod.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
I've been doing some serious MOD research. Many like the SID, iTaste SVD, ZMAX and others. Had never thought about the MVP but saw a bunch of rave reviews about it. Didn't really like the idea of a box MOD either but the more I look at the others the more it looks like carrying around a mini light saber or something else. LOL Figure the SI version can't be any different other than the connection. Soooo gonna give it a shot. Also gonna order an 808 to 510 connector because I have been dying to try the iClear 30S and the Nautilus.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
El: The T3's do not work on the MVP. I imagine it has something to do with the base fitting inside the beauty ring. I know you love these things but maybe it is time to give some of the Aspire line a try. I love the Mini Nova and the ET. Though the ET does have some issues with leaking if you let them get to low.

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
El: The T3's do not work on the MVP. I imagine it has something to do with the base fitting inside the beauty ring. I know you love these things but maybe it is time to give some of the Aspire line a try. I love the Mini Nova and the ET. Though the ET does have some issues with leaking if you let them get to low.

OH NOOOOOOOOOES! :cry::glare:

I really don't want to move to dual coil -- I go through juice fast enough as it is! :blush:

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
Snowdog, is there any particular reason you don't use the Volt mini clearos on your MVP2? (I plan to use my beloved Volt mini T3s).

Yes there is. It's kind of a long story but I'll try to be brief.

When I purchased my Volt MVP my plan was to use it during working hours as well as here at home. The mini clearos hold just enough liquid to get me through the work day. Then when I get home I break out my larger clearos which are all Ego threaded.

As it turns out, I decided to keep using my Volt Spinners during working hours because they are easier to carry around than the MVP. I use the mini clearos with the Spinners at work and while the assembly looks like a rocket ship from the 60's it works out pretty good for me.

The mini clearos work flawlessly on my Volt MVP. No problem there. It's just that my plan to carry the MVP at work didn't pan out like I thought it would. The result is that I really only use Ego threaded devices on my MVP so there was really no need for me to get the 808 threaded version.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
I've been doing some serious MOD research. Many like the SID, iTaste SVD, ZMAX and others. Had never thought about the MVP but saw a bunch of rave reviews about it. Didn't really like the idea of a box MOD either but the more I look at the others the more it looks like carrying around a mini light saber or something else. LOL Figure the SI version can't be any different other than the connection. Soooo gonna give it a shot. Also gonna order an 808 to 510 connector because I have been dying to try the iClear 30S and the Nautilus.

My first MVP2 arrived yesterday. So what I say is with little experience. I was looking for a better pocket mod. It fits that bill. I do not like an internal battery however it seems like a good one that lasts a long time. I am not fond (but don't hate) the feel of the box type mod. The switch is in the wrong place. It works fine right handed but in the left hand you are crossing over since the connection is off to the side. A side button would have corrected this. The construction seems excellent. I would give it a B+. Perhaps it will grow on me but I just like the feel of the cylindrical tubes and removable batteries.

Cj41218

Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
Colorado
I just got my mvp 2.0 in the mail the other day and i friggen love it, best choice I have made. I am using either the vision vivi nova on it or I use pre-punched cartomizers with a glass tank that hold 5ml in it. The one thing I have found that kind is strange though that Ill check my puff count and seems to erase itself after....well idk how many puffs i can say the highest i have seen my puff count at is prob 130, besides that i love it, best $40 dollars i have spent so far.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
My first MVP2 arrived yesterday. So what I say is with little experience. I was looking for a better pocket mod. It fits that bill. I do not like an internal battery however it seems like a good one that lasts a long time. I am not fond (but don't hate) the feel of the box type mod. The switch is in the wrong place. It works fine right handed but in the left hand you are crossing over since the connection is off to the side. A side button would have corrected this. The construction seems excellent. I would give it a B+. Perhaps it will grow on me but I just like the feel of the cylindrical tubes and removable batteries.

Ok this has me a little confused. Thought the button was in the center??? I vape left handed most of the time so I'd like to hear the explanation on this.

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
Ok this has me a little confused. Thought the button was in the center??? I vape left handed most of the time so I'd like to hear the explanation on this.

It is on the center top but the tank etc one way would be right next to your mouth with the rest of the box further while the other the box would be under your chin I would guess. This would be true of most box APV I would guess unless the button was on one of the narrow sides. That would of course assume you want to vape from the thin side to you as the wide side it wouldn't really make much difference at least that I could see.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
I guess I would figure I would hold it just like a cell phone or remote control. Wide side facing me. The button on the Innokin VTR is on the narrow side opposite the tank. Which when vaping would put the box under your chin. I would think that would be awkward. If it was on the same side as the tank it would feel even more awkward.

Tap'd from my LG G2

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013

I find it uncomfortable to move the unit to the right when left handed. Yah I know it's not a big deal. It's the off center 510 connector. Guess I am just use to a centered connector with a tube mod. I know I'm wacky.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
I guess I would figure I would hold it just like a cell phone or remote control. Wide side facing me. The button on the Innokin VTR is on the narrow side opposite the tank. Which when vaping would put the box under your chin. I would think that would be awkward. If it was on the same side as the tank it would feel even more awkward.

Tap'd from my LG G2

I would love the button on a small side.

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
I got my first MVP with SI's Valentine's Day sale. It's my first box mod, and so far I like it. I love the battery life on it. I can go three days before it needs a charge, but I do use other batteries too. One thing that kind of surprised me is I don't seem to get any better of a "hit" off of it than I do the X2's and the Spinners. I've been using the IClear 16 that came with it mostly. I'm debating getting a 510 version of it, especially since I just had an Ego twist and a Vision Spinner bite the dust a few days ago. I don't really want to use an adapter.

marlou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
SW Ohio
The mini T3s work great with the MVP. I have used the mini T3s, Maxi, mini Vivi nova, iclear 16, the mini clearos and cartos on it and all work fine. With the mini clearos and cartos I don't have good luck using wattage though and have to set it on voltage. Using wattage I get a burnt taste with them. Don't know why. But I prefer to use them on the stick batts and spinners anyway, so no problem. I mainly just had to try them on the MVP.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
The mini T3s work great with the MVP. I have used the mini T3s, Maxi, mini Vivi nova, iclear 16, the mini clearos and cartos on it and all work fine. With the mini clearos and cartos I don't have good luck using wattage though and have to set it on voltage. Using wattage I get a burnt taste with them. Don't know why. But I prefer to use them on the stick batts and spinners anyway, so no problem. I mainly just had to try them on the MVP.

Hmmm per the SI description:

*PLEASE NOTE* note: NOT compatible with the CE5 or the T3BDC Clearos, but compatible with the rest of our VOLT line*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread