Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
this is a shirt I drew up for reos you guys should let me know what you think

QVF6SiF.jpg
I really like the use of SL’s and simplicity (few words, etc). I doubt that I would wear this out much but would nevertheless purchase to support our Reos. (I’m not one to wear advertising. It’s not about Reos in particular).

Eric Parlin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ok everyone, here's where we are at right now.

I am definitely interested in doing a DNA chip Reo. I am in contact with Evolv directly to see how we can work together and turn this idea into a reality. Based on what I am seeing, it will probably take a good 6 months before we have something that we can put on the market.

My current thought would be to use the Grand body style as the starting point and make a couple of modifications as follows:
  1. Install a DNA chip in an easy-to-get to location so that it can be swapped out, if necessary.
  2. Make the battery chamber sized for a 20700, but backwards compatible for a 18650.
  3. Soft silicone bottle as the standard bottle, with an option to swap out for the traditional bottle.
Although I would like to try silver contacts, I can't get them yet. Our positive contact fabricator is willing to help with prototyping a few hundred of them, but we need to wait until the next run of our standard positive contacts to have it be affordable. Otherwise, the silver contacts are going to cost more than the rest of the mod combined. . . So, no silver yet. But, we will make the heavy duty as the standard positive contact on this mod.

Anything else I missed with this newer mod?

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
You checked the right boxes for me. Silver is not a primary feature for me, cost being a concern. I like the concept based on the Grand with a 20700 and DNA, please periodically update where you are. There is nothing, to my knowledge, that beats the 510 setup and the durability of the REO and has DNA.

I am definitely interested in doing a DNA chip Reo. I am in contact with Evolv directly to see how we can work together and turn this idea into a reality. Based on what I am seeing, it will probably take a good 6 months before we have something that we can put on the market.

My current thought would be to use the Grand body style as the starting point and make a couple of modifications as follows:
  1. Install a DNA chip in an easy-to-get to location so that it can be swapped out, if necessary.
  2. Make the battery chamber sized for a 20700, but backwards compatible for a 18650.
  3. Soft silicone bottle as the standard bottle, with an option to swap out for the traditional bottle.
Although I would like to try silver contacts, I can't get them yet. Our positive contact fabricator is willing to help with prototyping a few hundred of them, but we need to wait until the next run of our standard positive contacts to have it be affordable. Otherwise, the silver contacts are going to cost more than the rest of the mod combined. . . So, no silver yet. But, we will make the heavy duty as the standard positive contact on this mod.

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut

Eric, great post I’m looking forward to this! Put me down for one!

As for anything you may have missed, what are your plans for the catchcup if you go with the grands design on the dna Reo? Most likely people will want to put those big attys on. Maybe it might be wise to either make a flat top dna grand or make the catch cup platform bigger. To someone like me who uses 14mm attys it does not matter but I’m sure those using 22/24/25mm attys will complain about overhang.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada

Doah - just read this after posting in the 'video reflections' thread. Looks like you're on it :thumbs:

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Awesome news!

I dig the original grand shape most as for some reason the square shape is easier to hold on to.

So to make it fit the larger battery it should already be a bit deeper. So just make it fit those 22-24mm rba'sand done deal.

I've been on 22mm attys but I've swapped back to 14mm like a mouth later but I know what the trans is so it be smart to fit the larger rba's.

Anyways.. I'll be in for 2 of whatever you make no doubt!

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.

Eric, I am so giddy that you posted this! I too read some of the brilliant comments in @Sloth Tonight video thread before reading!!

I’m one of those contented Reonauts that has one of everything Reo made. I also haven’t had the desire to look elsewhere. BUT that said, I would buy a new Reo or 2 in a hot second to support our beloved company and forum (and I’m sure would love it!). Count me in.
Please keep us posted @Eric Parlin. People have short attention spans. :). Also what does #2 mean? I’m a bit of a non-truck-sort. Haha

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
Good news, I think an awful lot of people will be pleased that reosmods is re-entering the regulated market.

While mechs have some advantages in terms of how reliable and tough they are, I think most vapers now use a regulated device. The current offerings from Evolve seem to be pretty reliable. Things have definitely moved on since Rob dabbled with regulated devices with the VV grand. Evolve also a good rep for warranty support.

@eric any idea what the price point will be yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread