Some people need to learn more about vaping...

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
One of my docs VAPES! I love saying that at every opportunity but all my PCP team is MORE than fine with it. I am going to miss them when I move, that is for sure. I never get a RASH of anything other than, "Oh god, your lungs sound so much BETTER. Keep vaping, I thought you were going to be my youngest COPD patient." That type of stuff.

Anna

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Meh, don't really care what the old fart thinks. I only see him once a year for my DOT mandated physical. Which is his specialty. I'll stay with him because he DOES understand the DOT requirements. I've had trouble before with doctors who will do the physical but then fail me for reasons that DOT don't give a rats .... about.

Since January I've dropped 30 more pounds. I lost 13 last year. I'm down to 204 and wear 34" waist jeans (down from 40" waist at one point). My goal is to be in the 190's again. My doctor will be happy in November. We went through the smoking thing back in 2009. When I showed up in his office with my eGo he was a happy guy. He even let me demonstrate it in the examining room. After that, he researched vaping and had pro vaping pamphlets in his waiting room for a while.

I began to realize that all I had to do to lose weight was to learn to recognize the "full" feeling and quit eating at that point. The pounds started to melt away. I've worked out in my home gym upstairs 3 to 4 times a week for most of my life, but exercise can only do so much.

I have a Total Gym, treadmill, free weights, and an exercise bike from Dick's sporting goods. Over the years it's been my getaway location for an hour and a half 3 to 4 times a week. I have a desk with my PC and a 32" TV on the wall and it's also my music room where my guitars and amps reside. I watch Netflix episodes while I ride the bike. It's all good!

Last edited:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Many years ago, pre-vape, I had an interesting encounter with a physician. I wanted the Nicatrol Inhaler. I thought it would help with both nicotine and the hand to mouth ritual that was and remains important to me in cigarette cessation. His reply was, wait for it, "You're just substituting one bad behavior of another". I replied with four words, "Carbon Monoxide, particulate matter". He changed the subject, I changed the doctor.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Since January I've dropped 30 more pounds. I lost 13 last year. I'm down to 204 and wear 34" waist jeans (down from 40" waist at one point). My goal is to be in the 190's. My doctor will be happy in November. We went through the smoking thing back in 2009. When I showed up in his office with my eGo he was a happy guy. He even let me demonstrate it in the examining room. After that, he researched vaping and had pro vaping pamphlets in his waiting room for a while.
I don't do doctors unless needed. Makes as much sense to me as going to a shrink and asking for a crazy label. He'll surely find one for ya.

Just turned 64 in July. Got my first first ticket on the drug train. Blood pressure meds. Returned couple weeks later... Of course they had another med suggestion. Took that one a couple months and stopped. I'll stick with the BP stuff but I ain't building a med locker in my spare room.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I showed my Rover X to my heart doctor who high fived me and said "good idea".
He was a 25 year 3 pack a day smoker at one point. He stopped before vape tools were invented and said that probably would have helped him.

I asked him how he quit. He said "wife said stop smoking in my house or I'm filing for divorce".
Doh!!

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
During a recent work physical the doctor noticed my vape hanging from my neck and growled about it being worse than cigs.

Would there be a point even attempting to educate someone that full of theirself? I just shout my head.

And on the other hand when my doctor asked me the questions always asked and came to "do you still smoke" and I said "no, I stopped smoking months ago and started vaping a couple of months ago" he perked up. He congratulated me, we discussed it for awhile then he asked me to put together some literature about vaping that he could photocopy and hand out to his other still smoking patients (I did, and keep him up to speed on new information). And he told me I could vape in his presence. Over 5.5 years later I still do not vape in his office. Like with the stinkies/pipes that I used for over 50 years I haven't done either around non users since the late mid 70's when I first heard about second hand smoke... common courtesy goes a long way. My doctor still supports vaping as a viable alternative to stop using tobacco products.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I tell them this.....the government, BT, and BP has actually got you believing what your saying? If you just thought about what your saying, you would realize just how silly it sounds. Those people mentioned above know vaping is much safer and they are loosing big dollars because of it, so they create a load of b/s and people like you actually believe it. Bottom line is vaping is much much safer because there is no combustion and it's that, what kills you. I tell them that it's all about money and not lives unfortunately when it comes to this issue and that they should wake up and actually think about it. I also tell them about how my health and millions more have dramatically improved since vaping. I try explaining just how much money is gained from the cancers and sicknesses created by those 5000 chemicals in cigarettes and if that was elimineliminated , just how much dollars would be lost. I keep going on with more info like this and usually, by the end of it, get them thinking that perhaps they have been duped

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
And on the other hand when my doctor asked me the questions always asked and came to "do you still smoke" and I said "no, I stopped smoking months ago and started vaping a couple of months ago" he perked up. He congratulated me, we discussed it for awhile then he asked me to put together some literature about vaping that he could photocopy and hand out to his other still smoking patients (I did, and keep him up to speed on new information). And he told me I could vape in his presence. Over 5.5 years later I still do not vape in his office. Like with the stinkies/pipes that I used for over 50 years I haven't done either around non users since the late mid 70's when I first heard about second hand smoke... common courtesy goes a long way. My doctor still supports vaping as a viable alternative to stop using tobacco products.

He's a winner. Keep him!

Responsible doctors are into substitution where there's safe(r) alternate to a bad habit. If they require abstinence I abstain from their practice when it comes to vaping over smoking.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
public opinion changes every 10 years....we just need to be patient and a lot less defensive.

In 1998, they told us not to get in a car with strangers

In 2008, they told us not to meet anyone off the internet.

Now it's 2018 and they want us to order up a stranger from the internet and get in the car with them....alone. I'm not knocking Uber....just sayin.....:blink:

Cobra Kai

May 24, 2017
Hell, Norway
He he he... I used to smoke but now i've found this product that is so much more harmful than smoking. Vape.
All real men (and women if they so wish) should switch and embrace the daredevil. Popcorn lung, exploding batteries, poison ingredients, drip tips made of kitten ears...

Man, I've been all over fasttech & 3f this morning but nothing. Guess I'll try the DIY threads.

Reactions: Letitia

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
During a recent work physical the doctor noticed my vape hanging from my neck and growled about it being worse than cigs.

Would there be a point even attempting to educate someone that full of theirself? I just shout my head.
Doctors are particularly important to educate. However, they're the least likely to be able to educate.

Could always keep cards with useful links to just hand to the stubborn and ignorant. Like the link in my sig. Just hand them a card and say you'll discuss it once they've read the links. End of conversation.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
In 1998, they told us not to get in a car with strangers

In 2008, they told us not to meet anyone off the internet.

Now it's 2018 and they want us to order up a stranger from the internet and get in the car with them....alone. I'm not knocking Uber....just sayin.....:blink:
Sounds like if you need companionship, just get a Real Doll. You don't need to leave the house, and it doesn't talk back. (So I have heard)

RealDoll - The World's Finest Love Dolls

Last edited:

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Sounds like if you need companionship, just get a Real Doll. You don't need to leave the house, and it doesn't talk back. (So I have heard)

RealDoll - The World's Finest Love Dolls
At the risk of participating in a complete derail, you need to read customer testimonials about those things. It's hysterical and terrifying at the same time.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Luckily it's turned a corner in the UK and more of a pro vaping message is getting out. Health England have come out strongly in support of vaping and a cross party committee which has had a thorough look into vaping did it as an evidence based study. They reported not long ago and it looks like the UK will becoming a vape friendly country post brexit with a recommended rethink about the TPD regulations we will no longer need to follow.

For those that put optimistic for this comment:

44896668_1961265813911600_697361204057735168_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread