some questions for you buzz people out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

alongo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Protem, Missouri
Provari..too much button pushing... buzz.. awesome,rock solid,easy to use..built to last...lavatube awesome. But not rock solid.
My conector keeps coming out of black top and I know one day i'll pull the wires out.. super glue worked for a while. It works great other than that.. If you got the extra bucks go with the buzz. Then get a lava as back up. Once you go vv you can't go back.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I have used nothing but my Buzz for well over a year. I can tell you that it is a very solid PV that will withstand being dropped. Even on concrete lol I have not needed/wanted another PV since I got my
Original Buzz.

Another huge plus is the customer service at Notcigs. Mike is a top notch vendor that really stands behind his work. He is very easy to contact should you have any issues and will resolve things quickly.

I truly can not think of any cons. I hope that helped and good luck with your decision.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Buzz Pro = simpler operation. You adjust the voltage to taste with a wheel rather than a menu system. To hot turn it down, to cool turn it up, you can even do this in mid vape. Connector is a one piece unit rather than pressed in which makes it more durable and easy for the user to change connector types without using an adapter if they wish. On/Off is done with about 1/4 turn of the bottom cap rather than a menu system. I've also read it's slightly less current limited but haven't done a comparison, I don't use LR or DC. Battery life is reported to be a little longer with the BP also.

Both are well built, one just uses a menu system an the other doesn't. If you're the type that likes numbers and gadgets go for the Provari. If you want simple operation and don't care that your sweet sport is at 4.2, 4.6 or whatever and just care about the vape get the Buzz Pro.

I personally wouldn't trade my Buzz Pro for a Provari unless I thought I could sell it for enough to buy another Buzz Pro and a few other little things to make it worth the trouble.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
I can't give a comparison since I've never used any other VV mod. For me, I like the simplicity of the BuzzPro, and it's durability. It goes everywhere I go, outside to work in the yard, shopping, the beach in the summer. It makes vaping easy and that is important to me. A lot of people like the built in read outs on other VV mods but I don't need that to tell me when my vape is right on the money.

No mod is completely hassle free but like Salem said, there is always someone around the Notcigs vendor forum to answer questions or help walk you thru any problems you might have. Buzzkill checks in at least twice a day unless he's out of town. The customer service is outstanding, if you can't get an issue resolved on the forum then Notcigs will take care of mail in fixes with a US turnaround time of about a week.

Hope that helps you :)

Shead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2010
USA, Oregon
I can't really comment on the buzz pro side of things but I've got a Provari had it for about a year now they are rock solid mods I wouldn't really trade it for anything as for the buttion pushing its not that big of a deal your not constantly pressing the buttions you set your preferred voltage and vape its a little more advanced then the buzz pro but for its functions its an amazing device for the people slightly bashing on it. As for another VV mod most of them if not all of them function the same unless you switch to variable watts think darwin. The buzz has a wheel adjuster vs ProV lT that have buttions. In essence it boils down to how fits you and your lifestyle (durability wise)

Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I've had the notcigs original Infinity since feb, Buzz pro since they came out this summer.

Others have said it well. Buzz pro and the companion Infinity pro, are both really solid, true regulated output.

Bp and ip can both go to 15watts, drive 1.5 ohm dual coil to 4.7v, higher power than the other popular vv. I get consistent 6 - 7 ml of vaping between battery changes, at 5v, 8w, all day use; I believe you need extender cap and the big battery to get that on the provari, from numerous posts by provari owners.

By the time they are fully kitted, couple sets of batts, charger, extender for the provari, I believe bp comes in noticeably less costly, and the ip is actually another $30 less than the bp.

For notcigs, use the standard "ECF Buzzkill" coupon code (2 words).

Buzz service is top notch.

Provari also has many fans, undoubtedly a solid pv, just depends on if you are more into the high tech display vs. the bp/ip elegance.

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
I have the original Buzz and used it for a year. It was dropped onto pavement several times but still works fine.

I've used a Buzz Pro since July and it's also been dropped a couple times. It's been 100% reliable, like the old one. The thumb wheel voltage adjustment is convenient for quick changes in voltage, like when breaking in a new carto or switching juices. The only drawback is that the wheel moves easily and can accidentally get out of adjustment.

The Buzz is noticeably lighter than the Provari, an advantage if you carry it in your shirt pocket.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
BUZZ PRO ALL THE WAY I've used about every PV out there (well maybe not every one) and I can tell you from experience the Buzz Pro has the ProVari beat hands down. For one thing it has less that can go wrong. I don't need a meter to tell me if my setting is right my vaping tells me that and it might change from one minute to the next. The Buzz Pro is less picky about what atty or carto I use and the ProVari kept going off with LR cartos although I don't use them that much. I have had a Buzz Pro since they came out and out of all my mods, some bought and some made, the Buzz Pro leads the pack. Oh but now the VVPROV is coming out so that might change. I also vape longer on the Buzz Pro between charges than I did the ProVari but that's why I still have the Buzz Pro and not the ProVari.

Last edited:

KeysBum

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Florida Keys, USA
Ditto.....

Buzz Pro = simpler operation. You adjust the voltage to taste with a wheel rather than a menu system. To hot turn it down, to cool turn it up, you can even do this in mid vape. Connector is a one piece unit rather than pressed in which makes it more durable and easy for the user to change connector types without using an adapter if they wish. On/Off is done with about 1/4 turn of the bottom cap rather than a menu system. I've also read it's slightly less current limited but haven't done a comparison, I don't use LR or DC. Battery life is reported to be a little longer with the BP also.

Both are well built, one just uses a menu system an the other doesn't. If you're the type that likes numbers and gadgets go for the Provari. If you want simple operation and don't care that your sweet sport is at 4.2, 4.6 or whatever and just care about the vape get the Buzz Pro.

I personally wouldn't trade my Buzz Pro for a Provari unless I thought I could sell it for enough to buy another Buzz Pro and a few other little things to make it worth the trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread