Something I find interesting with my ecig n our dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iwannaquit4good

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
USA Sin City
I find this totally interesting and thought I would share. I have been living with 3 Siberian Huskies for a long while now, and used to step outside to smoke. No smoking allowed in the house! Not even in the bathroom with window open Which is the only place I ever use to smoke in my house.

I will never forget hanging at the pool with the Pups and lighting up my first smoke here. Duke went nuts and about fell in the pool trying to get away from it. He looked at me like I was insane! He hide behind a lounge chair and would not come out, until the cig was smashed. Which I was then told he does this to everyone who smokes outside. I thought this was so very odd and never seen an animal react that way.

Anyhoo, Our Senior girl bless her almost 13 y/o self! and 2 y/o baby rescue girl would go right outside with me. Stand by me walk with me, no problem. I would often make sure smoke wasn't going in their face. I have always been big on keeping second hand smoke away from non smokers, children and animals. If I had no pack in hand well, Duke our 7 y/o boy would go out with us. If I had a pack or cig in hand omg, he would hide and or run away from me. If we took the 3 for a walk and I pulled out a cig and lighter, he would try to jerk off the leash to get away. It was like he knew it was bad and or hated the smell. Who knows exactly, but I have never in my life seen a dog, that so hated cigarettes so much. By the way he has been in the family since 7 weeks old and never ever abused.

So I get the ecigs a month ago now Start vaping and notice at first he is skeptical of what the heck I am doing? Why I am in the house? Why it has a light? He just stares at me from a far. Well now he sits next to me on the couch while vaping Will go outside with me vaping and has no issues what so ever with my ecig. It's awesome! Thought I would share as I think it's awesome!!!!!!

How do your pet's react to your ecigs? Have any of them ever been scared of your cigarettes or ecigs?

P.S I think I put in wrong section, if so please move. TY

Last edited:

cschells

Feb 1, 2010
north texas
So I get the ecigs a month ago now Start vaping and notice at first he is skeptical of what the heck I am doing? Why I am in the house? Why it has a light? He just stares at me from a far. Well now he sits next to me on the couch while vaping Will go outside with me vaping and has no issues what so ever with my ecig. It's awesome! Thought I would share as I think it's awesome!!!!!!

How do your pet's react to your ecigs? Have any of them ever been scared of your cigarettes or ecigs?

P.S I think I put in wrong section, if so please move. TY

So sweet! No pets for me, but I love dogs. I can just imagine his confused little head!

smellrose

Jan 6, 2010
Detroit
I never smoked in my house, I would always go out on the back deck. I think my dogs are sad now, because when I was smoking, they would get all excited when I went to the back door and put my coat on. My one dog would hear me pull a cigarette out of the pack and immediately run to the back door and wait for me! They would go out with me and just hang or run around the yard, sometimes I would throw the ball or we would just chill on the deck. I haven't gone out with them for the past month and I think it bums them out a little. Granted, it is February in Michigan and cold as .......! I'm sure when it warms up a little, I'll go out and vape with them and hang out on the deck again. I'm actually looking forward to it!:)

Keebler

Dec 18, 2009
Clearwater, FL
My dog was only with us for a few weeks before I quit, but my cat has been with me for 10 years. Lucky (dog) would shy from analog smoke but not run away. Now he gets all excited when I vape, almost like it elicits a stimulant response. He loves it and starts running around like a nut. My cat used to take off like a shot when I lit up an analog. I used to mess with him by blowing smoke at the closed window he was in. Even though he could not smell the smoke, he still gave me a nasty look and jumped down. The other day I intentionally blew vapor at him (I rarely vape inside). He flinched when he saw the cloud coming, but held ground and looked surprised. He didn't flinch anymore and started sniffing at it after that. Animals are far more sensistive than we are, and I take this as strong empirical evidence that vaping is far less deadly than smoking, hands down.

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
My gf's parent's dog bites them if they smoke near her, and she's a timid dog! When I go over there and I'm vapping the dog doesn't give me any issues except she wont leave me alone(constantly wants my attention). I'm assuming this is because she doesn't like fire and not some animal 'sense'.

She also wont go anywhere near the dryer and barks at it from around the corner...

catlvr

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
Kern County California
I love hearing animal stories! I don't have any dogs but I have 4 cats. Three of them didn't seem to mind me smoking around them, although I tried to stay away from them while smoking. My siamese however would freak and run and hide if I even picked up a pack lol. Now he watches me vape and if the vapor gets near him he'll start to run away and gives me this wierd look while sniffing the air, like he's confused. Then he'll come sit on my lap.:)

beecee

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Valley of the Sunstroke
My little dog would go outside with me in the morning when I smoked but wouldn't come near then we'd go back inside and lay on the bed but he wouldn't want me to touch him or put my face close to him.

Now that I vape I still go outside with him in the morning, he wants me to play with him and when we go back into the bed he crawls up right next to me.

I had an analog last week in the morning and went back to bed with him and he was like "no way!" so, I definitely know that analog smoke, even after smell, is something he cannot stand. Their sense of smell is incredible so I am not surprised...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread