space have we been there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
watched the spacex-cr17 launch yesterday with a mate

just woke up today and i was talking about it and she told me that we have never been to space and only in lower earth orbit and that i had to watch this

what's ecf's view on this?

why would they lie? Have Been told they lie to keep the money lol

first of me hearing all this stuff did nasa really say that ?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I didn’t hear anyone actually finish saying anything. All I saw was a bunch of heavily edited partial clips and sentence fragments.

Does NASA have the capability to put men on the moon right NOW? No.
Did they in the past? Yes.

Did I hear anyone actually contradict either statement? No.

Was I apparently supposed to by whoever edited this video? Yes.

Did this video annoy me as run-of-the-mill internet misinformation? Oh heck yes!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Space is and will be for the foreseeable future, a mystery. Unless we discover a way to exceed light speed by magnitudes, we are forever bound to the local group of stars. Warp 10 is still a Star Trek function and we have no idea how to overcome increasing mass that occurs with increases in speed. It's like wading through water. The faster you try to go, the more the water holds you back. Even if we could travel at light speed, could we avoid all the perils we'd encounter as we moved through space that fast? One meteorite would take us out unless we had shields up (and that's another technology we don't possess).

The farther we look into space with earthbound telescopes, the more we see things that happened thousands and millions or billions of years ago. Proxima Centauri is the closest star to Earth at 4.244 light years away. At the speed of light it would take 4.244 years to reach Proxima Centauri and the same time to come back. How would we support those people with food and other needs for years traveling that far and back? It's not like you could restock before returning home.

We can only look at out at space and wonder until the technology catches up with our needs. We are bound to our planet and its surrounding solar system until we invent things we didn't know could be invented and developed into reality.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Dood I have no idea. When it comes to conspiracies about the moon landing, I'm more of the opinion that like, there has been far more space travel than we are even told. For all we know, Google, Russia, and China are fighting it out up there AS I TYPE.

I also know that I don't much care either way. Until it begins to affect me, I don't waste my time on the subject.

Anna

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
Proxima Centauri is the closest star to Earth at 4,244 light years away. At the speed of light it would take 4,244 years to reach Proxima Centauri and the same time to come back. ...
Just to point out a correction: the distance to Proxima Centauri is four light years (and change), not four thousand+ light years ... not that that makes any difference as to whether anyone from here is going anywhere near there anytime soon (I mean, Pluto is a mere 4.5 light hours away, and that was still a nearly 10 year journey for the New Horizons spacecraft).

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Dood I have no idea. When it comes to conspiracies about the moon landing, I'm more of the opinion that like, there has been far more space travel than we are even told. For all we know, Google, Russia, and China are fighting it out up there AS I TYPE.

I also know that I don't much care either way. Until it begins to affect me, I don't waste my time on the subject.

Anna
Your pragmatism humbles me

• Agree
Reactions: kas122461

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Just to point out a correction: the distance to Proxima Centauri is four light years (and change), not four thousand+ light years ... not that that makes any difference as to whether anyone from here is going anywhere near there anytime soon (I mean, Pluto is a mere 4.5 light hours away, and that was still a nearly 10 year journey for the New Horizons spacecraft).

Good catch. Not 4,244 light years, it's 4.244 light years. It's amazing the difference a comma instead of a period can make.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
i am now extremely confused been watching youT videos tonight this one now "Why NASA never went back to the moon"
and im not sure, far to many things out of place, contradicting storys from astronauts and nasa??
w...t...f..
that, and the earth is flat and the moons too small to land on.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I can help you:

We have all been to space. Space surrounds us from before we are born, until after we die. Even the very molecules have huge amounts of space inside them. Mysterious, effortless, here I am sitting, both OCCUPYING space and like, space is all around me. When I pay close attention I can FEEL it, sometimes light and airy, sometimes dark and oppressive.

Just you know, tell your friend that. You may not know the truth of it, but you'll win the argument, I'm pretty sure.

People of Space, I SALUTE YOU from my vantage point in space, to yours. Amen, etc. ALL one people we can achieve Whirled Peas and all that crap.

Yes, I was taught transcendental meditation an I have my special secret word. I can teach you too, and your secret word is "Coke." Because they've done studies and there is like NOOOO difference.

Also, if we all do TM we are not going to achieve whirled peas, that is not how it works.

Use the first part though....

Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
i am now extremely confused been watching youT videos tonight this one now "Why NASA never went back to the moon"
and im not sure, far to many things out of place, contradicting storys from astronauts and nasa??
w...t...f..
Confusion makes sense. I viewed it as actual content free, because the clips were severely edited to the point of fraudulence. There’s no way to tell what any one was actually saying.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
w...t...f..
The moon program was an elaborate hoax to bankrupt the Russians...it's always the Russians...The money from the NASA program is used to construct huge secret underground tunnels and outfit and supply them so the elites have someplace safe to go when Nibiru makes it's next close pass, which will be any year now...just look at all the vids about that one , no, those aren't lens flares, it really is our twin star, it's just been obscured by all the chemtrails the Govmt. has been spraying to hide it.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
The moon program was an elaborate hoax to bankrupt the Russians...it's always the Russians...The money from the NASA program is used to construct huge secret underground tunnels and outfit and supply them so the elites have someplace safe to go when Nibiru makes it's next close pass, which will be any year now...just look at all the vids about that one , no, those aren't lens flares, it really is our twin star, it's just been obscured by all the chemtrails the Govmt. has been spraying to hide it.
Now we're talking ... I mean, really, landing on the moon? Seriously? I can hold my thumb out and completely cover the entire moon, so how could people land on it? Sheesh! You got a problem with my logic? I'll crush your head ...
R8gO0b1.gif

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
This would be more funny to me if I didn’t just dump a philosophy club I joined because it had turned into fringe political indoctrination. Too close to reality for me. Or at least certain versions of others realities anyway. Chemtrails actually came up earlier. It was sad.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That's okay I get told on a routine basis that our government is spraying (Tucson, specifically?) weird chemicals on us we are part of some test group.

I'd feel loads better if it was the Russians. Simply heaps.

I do understand like, taking a cross section of Tucsonians and wondering what in God's name HAPPENED and like, thinking that. Tucson is....

It's not a nice place to visit and I'm so glad I don't live there. LOL.

Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
That's okay I get told on a routine basis that our government is spraying (Tucson, specifically?) weird chemicals on us we are part of some test group.

I'd feel loads better if it was the Russians. Simply heaps.

I do understand like, taking a cross section of Tucsonians and wondering what in God's name HAPPENED and like, thinking that. Tucson is....

It's not a nice place to visit and I'm so glad I don't live there. LOL.

Anna
Told by whom?

Reactions: stols001

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    How would we support those people with food and other needs for years traveling that far and back? It's not like you could restock before returning home.
    I'm sure there's a McD's or two, hundred, along the way.

Reactions: mac-nutty

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
    This would be more funny to me if I didn’t just dump a philosophy club I joined because it had turned into fringe political indoctrination. Too close to reality for me. Or at least certain versions of others realities anyway. Chemtrails actually came up earlier. It was sad.
    Geoengineering They are spraying the sky. They have been for years.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread