Spreading the Word ... Amping Up Advocacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackiej5407

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
Houston, TX
I do believe I've now become a Rabid, Vocal Proponent about vaping. I had some 3 x 5 cards printed up that explain what ecigs are, along with the ECF website address at the bottom, and this wk-end started "accosting" total strangers I saw smoking outside of a restaurant and the local Walgreens. It was great to be able to let other smokers know there is this wonderful option available! (Gawd but I feel righteous ... ha!) I passed my little cards out to only 3 strangers this wk-end ... but all were very interested and HAD heard of the ecig, but that's about it. When I demonstrated by taking a hit on my 1000 mah eGo ... you should've SEEN the surprised look on their faces.

Which started me thinking ... maybe all of us have a duty to spread the word. Who else better suited to understanding what smokers go through every day to satisfy an addiction that seems to have no workable solution?

Anyway, I'm now being far more vocal and feeling really good about it!

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
Yeah, I talk to a lot of people about it, and I give out business cards for Vaporescence.com because they have 3 brick-n-mortar stores in this area.

I'm hoping to eventually put together some cards of my own that have basic info about vaporescence and ECF on one side (maybe with my email/phone #, too) and a short "How to quit smoking by using an e-cig" thing on the other side.

I'm saving enough money that I can justify a box of business cards, and my ego has been like a miracle for me. I never thought I could quit, and now I'm smoke free and I never expect to smoke again. That's sort of like finding religion - you want to tell people about it, you want to show them how they can do it too.

Last edited:

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Just went to Doctor last weekend and wrote down web address for the nurse who smokes and the lady at the front desk wjo also smokes when i checked in.
Some neighbors been asking what is that thing i have !
I explained to them what its all about , useing a rubber tip on the tank i let wifes friend try it and she liked it.

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If you guys are into being vocal and helping keep our ecigs out of as many bans as possible also please consider joining CASAA.

It is free :) and we get many folks to write letters, make calls and go speak when bans come up. Also if CASAA knows your location they can let you know if a ban comes up in your area. Alternatively..if you see a ban coming up and CASAA hasn't caught it - you can let them know.

We the vapers are CASAA!!!

CASAA | Member Signup

CASAA also has biz cards with ecig blurb on one side and link to ECF & CASAA on the other. Very cheap..actually I think you just pay shipping.

CASAA Business Cards - Root - CASAA

They also have the template in their document library if you want to print your own.
CASAA.org

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
I do believe I've now become a Rabid, Vocal Proponent about vaping. I had some 3 x 5 cards printed up that explain what ecigs are, along with the ECF website address at the bottom, and this wk-end started "accosting" total strangers I saw smoking outside of a restaurant and the local Walgreens. It was great to be able to let other smokers know there is this wonderful option available! (Gawd but I feel righteous ... ha!) I passed my little cards out to only 3 strangers this wk-end ... but all were very interested and HAD heard of the ecig, but that's about it. When I demonstrated by taking a hit on my 1000 mah eGo ... you should've SEEN the surprised look on their faces.

Which started me thinking ... maybe all of us have a duty to spread the word. Who else better suited to understanding what smokers go through every day to satisfy an addiction that seems to have no workable solution?

Anyway, I'm now being far more vocal and feeling really good about it!

I think that as difficult as it is, our duty is to be humble. Addicts don't take too kindly to zealots.

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
I think that as difficult as it is, our duty is to be humble. Addicts don't take too kindly to zealots.

I think there's a fine line there. Going up to random smokers might not be too well received or maybe it will be it just depends on the individual. However, when current smokers are curious about the e-cigarette when it comes up, it's good to have something handy to give to them. Most people won't bother to go to a site after the fact, but if they have a card, eventually they might find it and check things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread