Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
never mind. More research is needed.
Does the Squeeze have any electronics in it for saftey purposes such as a short?

I think there is Supposed to be a Low Ohm cut-off on the Pico Squeeze? But to be Honest with you, I have Never tried it to see How Low it will go.

I treat my Pico Squeeze just like a Pure Mech mod. And Don't Build past what the CDR on my batteries are Rated at.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I am a tootle puffer, so my builds aren't a problem as far as the battery goes, so not worried about that, just the shorts. I have had a short once in a Reos Grand, and the spring dropping saved it. All it takes is one little wire end of the coil touching the side of the atty, and you have a problem really quick. This is what I worry about, and I wish I could say that I'm always careful, but that one time I wasn't.

Reactions: Cheallaigh

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
according to the manual of the squeeze it has short circuit protection:

Atomizer Protection:
When vaping time exceeds 10 seconds, the device shuts off automatically with the white indicator light flashing 10 times.

No Atomizer Protection:
The white indicator light will flash slowly when the button is pressed down without atomizer connected.

Short-circuit Protection:
When the resistance is less than 0.15ohm, short-circuit occurs with the white indicator light flashing 3 times.

Low-voltage Protection:
When the voltage of the device is below 3.3V, the white indicator light will flash 40 times. At the same time, press the button cannot power on. Charge the device to reactivate it.
We are not responsible for any damages caused by human error. Legal warranty is applied.

haven't built any lower than .7 Ohms with it, so I can't say if this is true :)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I am a tootle puffer, so my builds aren't a problem as far as the battery goes, so not worried about that, just the shorts. I have had a short once in a Reos Grand, and the spring dropping saved it. All it takes is one little wire end of the coil touching the side of the atty, and you have a problem really quick. This is what I worry about, and I wish I could say that I'm always careful, but that one time I wasn't.

Things can Happen. And as you mentioned, sometimes it Only takes a Momentary Lapse.

The CopperVape is a Pure Mechanical Mod. And the attention given to it, or Any Mech Mod, has to be Much Higher than that of a Regulated Mod.

I build on a Atty Puck. Then put the RDA on a Regulated Mod to Check the Ohms and to Dry burn the Coil. After Wicking and Priming, I put the RDA Cover on and give it a Final Check with the Regulated Mod for Resistance.

As Long as I don't Fool with the Coil(s) in Any Way, I then move it to my CopperVape. Or other Semi-Mech Squonker (Dripbox, Pico Squeeze)

Pure Mech Mods are Not for everyone. And one has to be Extremely Vigilant when Building, Using and Maintaining the Batteries used in a Mech.

For Me, I think I can get down to a Level of Safety that rules out all but an Extremely Rare, Fluke Accident.

But if one is Hesitant about a Pure Mech, or just Doesn't feel Comfortable using one, I think they Shouldn't use one. And that is Perfectly OK.

:)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I have four Reos, and one Silver Bullet-M for my mechs, and I'm entirely comfortable using them. My other mods are a Pico, and a bunch of Provaris, so no worries there. I'm not trying to run anything down, this is just me.

I didn't think you were Running Anything down.

:)

Just voicing Concerns that anyone who is considering getting a Mech should Ask Themselves.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
That Isn't a good Idea.

Because if the Battery wrap is Damaged, you will complete the Circuit when you screw the Battery Cap into the Mod. And there is No Way to Break the Circuit without unscrewing the Battery Cap.

Yeah, I could possibly see that being a problem. I am now currently and plan on trying to keep putting the positive of the battery up in the Coppervape/s. Although if I think about it the Coppervape's top comes off easily enough to avoid needing to remove the bottom battery cap, in the case of a venting or such. Of course if it's going to be venting or exploding or such, I'm likely to be tossing it into a safe disposal unit of some kind. Here at the house we've an ample 'bottom' pasture that affords plenty of clear room.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
would you guys believe, someone in another place told me to shutup about squonkers? to stop saying "oh you're looking for a new tank or rda, but not sure which, why not go for both and get a squonker?"... some people i tell yah!

*chuckling* I posted a sarcastic bit on another forum in its squonking area. It was kind of a Fight Club rules of squonking. First rule being "There is no squonk", second rule "Speak not of squonk" or some such.

Got a small cache of evod style tanks gathering dust along with a few regulated mods. Think I am kind of now spoiled on mechs that squonk & squonk capable RDAs. Using Velocity v2 clone/s at present, have a Hathur, Goon clone, Odis all in route. Got some FDV pins to convert some decks over if needed too. Reckon I'm saying I'm now a squonkaholic. *chuckles* Awe well, could be worse, I could be a politician. *ducks*

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
i still use my pro tank4s... basically, i have very sweet juices i squonk and fruit ones i tank, switching back and forth during the day.

Ah, I see a multi-flavor goddess. :) I don't use too many flavors now. Got some dwindling Hawk Sauce which is being mixed with unflavored. Did order a half dozen flavor sample juices from a dirt cheap vendor recently. Finding I'm alright using unflavored as my staple juice, but yep, a little variety at times can be nice. :) I lack a highly developed sense of taste due in part to congenital anosmia & likely in part from thirty five years of smoking and tobacco use. My olfactory nerves did not develop prior to, or after birth. It's fun to clear rooms sometimes. :lol:

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I e-mailed Eleaf about protections from shorts, and received this short reply.
Dear Customer,
The device has bulit in protection .
Best wishes!

Uh, I dunno, but anyway I ordered one from FT. I had some small gift certificates, and got a silver for $11.70 shipped. I forgot to look for spare bottles at FT, so need to find someone that has them in stock in the US.
I think an 0-16 with a beauty ring will look pretty sharp on it.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I e-mailed Eleaf about protections from shorts, and received this short reply.
Dear Customer,
The device has bulit in protection .
Best wishes!

Uh, I dunno, but anyway I ordered one from FT. I had some small gift certificates, and got a silver for $11.70 shipped. I forgot to look for spare bottles at FT, so need to find someone that has them in stock in the US.
I think an 0-16 with a beauty ring will look pretty sharp on it.

If you find anyone selling Replacement Bottles for the Pico Squeeze, please post where you saw them.

I Haven't seen much of Anything yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread